Suggestions RCL needs to do to get people cruising again

5 hours ago, hazence said:

Density.

This is the issue the cruise ships must resolve. Why are we doing so much better in certain counties? In certain states? 

In NYC people, rich and poor, live in crowded high rises. In my county, rich and poor live mostly on their own plot of land...whether a lakefront private home...or a rusted trailer on a 1/2 acre plot.

WE have no subways or trains to get to our jobs. LA is doing better than NYC...probably because most people commute on those freeways...not masses of humanity pushed together in subways.

The New York based media is reporting what they see. They are fearful and their reporting reflects that that fear. They live in a dense population and want everyone to stay inside till there is some sort of all clear. Except for essential workers who must cram onto crowded subways before and after their shifts at the hospital...at the grocery store. Face to face underground with strangers again. 

But there are large parts of the country that are realizing they see something different. From this perspective, suggestions that certain people be barred in the future from a vacation activity...is actually just buying you a false sense of security. You would be better off cruising with a senior from a zip code with NOT ONE POSITIVE CASE ...than a 30 year old subway commuter from NYC.

It's really not about the chance of getting it, it's about being able to treat people who are less likely to go critical

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

How do you define "gone"?  Zero cases, anywhere on earth?  That may never happen.

yeah sorry a little vague on my part

Vaccine or therapeutic treatments widely available is what I meant.

Until then I don’t see how we can cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The answer is yes, but you seem to be missing the point.  The senior with pre-existing conditions from any part of the country is more likely to have a poor outcome than the 39 yr old subway worker from New York.  The argument isn't that the Senior is more of a risk to infect people but that the ships facilities will be overwhelmed by seniors should an outbreak occur.

Now it's a different argument, if you say you want to ban people from New York/New Jersey, Italy, Spain or China.

Royal already banned Chinese passport holders, then changed their mind as I recall

Edited by John&LaLa

Give everyone an automatic one level upgrade in status...

Diamond become Diamond Plus

Diamond Plus under 350 points become D+ with 350 benefits

Diamond Plus with more than 350 points become Pinnacle

Pinnacles become?  Any suggestions?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, karena1 said:

It will be fine way before then.  I have cruises booked from 6/26/20-4/11/22 and plan to go on all of them

Pretty sure some of your plans are going to change. And I'm not being negative, June just doesn't line up with current guidelines.

Expect a call from your TA next month

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Pinnacles get first in line at Bankruptcy Court works for this Pinnacle 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure some of your plans are going to change. And I'm not being negative, June just doesn't line up with current guidelines.

Expect a call from your TA next month

I am a TA and very realistic. Just believe in positive thinking.  If/When it gets canceled, I will deal with it, until then, I am going.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I just became Diamond 4 months ago.I will gladly accept an upgrade.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

Leave from the Bahamas 

True Bahamas is not part of the US, that's not what I was referring to. It was totally about US ports.

How many people going to fly to the Bahamas to catch a cruise ship?  

1 hour ago, zekekelso said:

pregnancy is a protected class. Again, it can be legal to discriminate against pregnant women do long as the rule serves a necessary purpose and is the least discriminatory way of accomplishing it. Again, this is under US federal law and I’m just assuming for this post the same applies to cruise ships. The lines can argue that preventing women from going into labor at sea is important enough to justify discrimination. But they couldn’t just ban all women or even all pregnant women as that would not be the least discriminatory way of accomplishing that. 

I wonder if that's true or not.  Obviously it wouldn't be for cruises from ports not in the U. S.

17 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

True Bahamas is not part of the US, that's not what I was referring to. It was totally about US ports.

How many people going to fly to the Bahamas to catch a cruise ship?  

A couple weeks ago i suggested leaving out of Freeport by using high speed ferrys from Ft Lauderdale 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Okay. So you ban all cruisers over a certain age.

The other high risk group is young people with underlying conditions. How can Royal make sure they don’t get onboard because one of them infecting several others could ALSO overwhelm the ship’s medical capacity. 

How are you containing that similar risk? Everyone forced to get physicals? 

This high risk group is no less of a problem. So what’s the plan?

7 minutes ago, hazence said:

Okay. So you ban all cruisers over a certain age.

The other high risk group is young people with underlying conditions. How can Royal make sure they don’t get onboard because one of them infecting several others could ALSO overwhelm the ship’s medical capacity. 

How are you containing that similar risk? Everyone forced to get physicals? 

This high risk group is no less of a problem. So what’s the plan?

I don't mind getting a letter if required

7 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

They are foreign flagged vessels, they can do anything they want.

I think they wanted to participate in the US stimulus program, how'd that work out for them? What kind of aid did they get from the country from which they are flagged?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

I am a TA and very realistic. Just believe in positive thinking.  If/When it gets canceled, I will deal with it, until then, I am going.

Unfortunately the power of positive thinking is not gonna get us out of this mess.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1