Should FCC be changed to cash refunds for those over 70?

Since there are new restrictions for those cruisers over 70, we may never be able to use our FCC. I think we should get a cash refund instead of a FCC.

PS: We are still waiting for the FCC; however, the FCC link on our home page disappeared several weeks ago.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Since there are new restrictions for those cruisers over 70, we may never be able to use our FCC. I think we should get a cash refund instead of a FCC.

PS: We are still waiting for the FCC; however, the FCC link on our home page disappeared several weeks ago.

Is there an official policy/mandate to ban those oved 70 from cruising? 

Edited by pms4104

25 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Princess policy does not show restrictions for cruisers over 70.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/Health-Advisory-and-Travel-Safety-Procedures.pdf

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

You're behind in the news. First of all Princess never published anything about passengers over 70 and more telling, those companies that did, along with the Cruise Line Industry Association have retracted those requirements as well.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Should an over 70 restriction be enacted.

I think we can assume that there will be a class action suit on behalf of the cruises left holding the worthless FCCs.

This will result it:

1) the lawyers bringing the suit getting millions

2) the cruisers with the worthless FCCs getting three cents

Of course, I exaggerate.   

They will get a voucher that is impossible to redeem for the three cents.

• Like 1

Some clarification is needed.  Many of us have FCC's that have a 2 year expiration date, after which our $100 deposit money is automatically returned.

Then there are people who have been given some sort of Cruise Credit in lieu of cancelled cruises.  They need to look at the terms of the agreement to see if there are clauses related to time and/or return of cash.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

You're behind in the news. First of all Princess never published anything about passengers over 70 and more telling, those companies that did, along with the Cruise Line Industry Association have retracted those requirements as well.

They did it was point 3 on the health advisory  --   following outcry they deleted Point3 

BUT instead of issuing a new one they just  kept the old one  with the old date

and likely hoped no-one would notice , but they did, and there are a few posts to that effect.

I think the rules are different for UK travellers now. Our Foreign and Commonwealth Office has issued guidance that over 70s and others with underlying conditions should not go On cruise ships. Also at the present time all foreign travel should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

That advice has invalidated any UK insurance for cruise travel. No one in their right mind is going to travel on a cruise ship with no insurance.

3 hours ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

I think the rules are different for UK travellers now. Our Foreign and Commonwealth Office has issued guidance that over 70s and others with underlying conditions should not go On cruise ships. Also at the present time all foreign travel should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

That advice has invalidated any UK insurance for cruise travel. No one in their right mind is going to travel on a cruise ship with no insurance.

The guidance is not mandatory so does not count as a rule from the cruise lines.  Shame about the insurance companies. Hopefully they will ease up after the ban is lifted on cruising. Your travel insurance has always been more strict than ours here in the USA. My sister and brother-in-law live near Bristol and have had some medical issues so currently unable to get travel insurance at all. Ours here only asks for age/date and cost of trip.

3 minutes ago, iancal said:

We would never consider an FCC in lieu of a refund regardless of age.   Premium or no premium.

With you on that one. As has been noted on other threads, the price of a cruise next year has been raised considerably so even with an extra 25% plus incentives you will get a raw deal. I want my money in my hands so I can make decisions on the future in my control.

Also there is the possibility ( hope I am wrong) that the cruise line may go out of business so what good would FCC be then!!!

4 hours ago, Aulanis said:

They did it was point 3 on the health advisory  --   following outcry they deleted Point3 

BUT instead of issuing a new one they just  kept the old one  with the old date

and likely hoped no-one would notice , but they did, and there are a few posts to that effect.

Point 3 never mentioned people over 70.

FCC's remind me of those mattress sales at 50 percent off, or the duty free shops that claim to sell at 50-75 percent less w/no tax added.

The goal of the vendor is always the same.  Focus  the consumer with the perceived savings or premium and create a sense of urgency.

We believe that the ability to have 'choice' in the future cruising environment, whatever that turns out to be, will far exceed any FCC premium.  

Edited by iancal

5 hours ago, Aulanis said:

@PRINCESSTHE BEST    Any idea why this thread has been cancelled stopped?

I don't know why it has been closed. It is very relevant and helpful thread and imo should be left open. The same link is on the P&O Facebook page and is being completed by lots of disgruntled passengers awaiting their refunds.

17 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

You say that now, understandably, but how did you feel 4 or 5 years ago?

Speaking for myself, this is not about age but about the specific Covid situation. Never has there been a situation where there are sooo many people with large credits, so precarious an industry and so uncertain an opportunity to cruise within the expiry  dates of these  credits.

• Like 1

I totally agree with you. They changed the terms of the contract without proper notifications. So basically all the terms regarding the passenger are not valid for them right now. I totally agree. These people should be able to get 100% refund

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Speaking for myself, this is not about age but about the specific Covid situation. Never has there been a situation where there are sooo many people with large credits, so precarious an industry and so uncertain an opportunity to cruise within the expiry  dates of these  credits.

It is a unique situation to be sure.  Personally, I believe the industry has been unfairly singled out as an easy target.  The public at large is ignorant of cruisers and thinks we are all old, rich white folks.  But so far it seems most lines are complying with CDC demands.  All we can do is try to ride this out. 

6 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I totally agree with you. They changed the terms of the contract without proper notifications. So basically all the terms regarding the passenger are not valid for them right now. I totally agree. These people should be able to get 100% refund

Not sure what you are responding to, but an explanation of '"proper notifications" and who "they" are might help.

They- Princess

FCC- no mention of age/ health restrictions when they cancelled cruise. 

point lll was removed

age 70 Dr note was never mentioned by Princess that I am aware of. 

not sure why anyone sailing on Princess ships would be worried about not being able to use FCC, unless Princess goes out of business.