Time for NCLH financial-related posts?

21 hours ago, Pcardad said:

It has been GREAT for cruise stocks lately - they are cycling up and down and provide a lot of potential to make money as any movement, up OR down is profit potential Today is a down day. Keep in mind most of this volume is day traders, not long term investors.

Great for the short term traders, perhaps.  I'm not one of them.

I'm more concerned about the long term health of the cruise lines themselves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

Great for the short term traders, perhaps.  I'm not one of them.

I'm more concerned about the long term health of the cruise lines themselves.

Yep...that's what I said.

While I CARE about the long-term health of the cruise lines, I am not concerned....not yet anyway.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pcardad said:

While I CARE about the long-term health of the cruise lines, I am not concerned....not yet anyway.

I sincerely hope that you are right not to worry, but that reminds me of the CDC saying in February that the novel coronavirus did not pose a significant threat in the US at that time, or something to that effect.

I appreciate the comparison between myself and the CDC but I am just a guy posting in an relatively obscure channel on an internet forum read by about 50 people and when the CDC speaks, 100's of millions listen.

I remember what they said as I was in Bali at the time awaiting a Regent ship. Our understanding of this virus has certainly changed over time. The sooner they get a handle on this, the sooner the people can get back to work and sorry, but that is far more important than some FCC's. Some of these people are having trouble feeding their families.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

I appreciate the comparison between myself and the CDC but I am just a guy posting in an relatively obscure channel on an internet forum read by about 50 people  

And, because of your TA-related association with Regent, just a "little" closer to the information than the rest of us.  I, for one, appreciate your comments, cryptic as they may be at times.  I understand, though,  you can't be too specific. Carry on.

15 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

And, because of your TA-related association with Regent, just a "little" closer to the information than the rest of us.  I, for one, appreciate your comments, cryptic as they may be at times.  I understand, though,  you can't be too specific. Carry on.

To clarify - I am not a standard TA. I provide services that most people don't use nor would they want. Booking travel was an afterthought that allows me to have more control over the process and better serve my client's needs.

I do not get info via TA channels that your TA's don't get. Actually, I probably get less because I focus on my clients and not on being a TA. Having said that, I am happy to help others within the constraints you are aware of. Edited to add that I am not privy to all or most of the "answers", nor would I break a confidence if I was, but like Mr. Levin and others, I enjoy a good jigsaw puzzle and that's all this really is.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 6

Form 8-K filing this morning:

Item 7.01 Regulation FD Disclosure.

On October 26, 2020, Regent Seven Seas Cruises (“RSSC”) announced that the launch of its 2022-2023 Voyage Collection on October 21, 2020 set a new record for the greatest number of bookings in a single day in RSSC’s history. Due to potential cancellations of cruise voyages and updated cancellation policies, bookings may not be representative of actual cruise revenues.

The information furnished with this report is being furnished and shall not be deemed “filed” for purposes of Section 18 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the “Exchange Act”), or otherwise subject to the liabilities of that section, nor shall it be deemed incorporated by reference into any other filing under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, or the Exchange Act, except as expressly set forth by specific reference in such a filing

It would be interesting to know how many of the bookings are for 2023 wherein you are not allowed to use FCCs.

Still no announcement regarding release of third quarter financials.  Pure conjecture on my part; I believe that the delay is due to "ongoing concern" language being reinstated with NCLH blaming the onerous requirements levied by the CDC  conditional order.

Just my thoughts,

Marc