Cruise with confidence enhanced

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But you can move it now, you will just pay the difference in the cost of the cruise you move it to if the cruise is higher priced. If same price no foul if lower, you just pay lower for your new cruise.

No, If they  move it prior to Aug 1 it transfers over at the same rate. If the new cruise in 2021 is lower they pay the lower amount. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, If they  move it prior to Aug 1 it transfers over at the same rate. If the new cruise in 2021 is lower they pay the lower amount. 

edit: then why did someone say he should wait before making move? oh because he thinks, it may still sail?

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, brucefan21 said:

I understand I canceled however I was a customer during the same pandemic as everyone else.  The playing field should be the same for each and every customer.  

I'm with you. I cancelled yesterday morning just hours before they came out with this new option. Doesn't seem right. I guess timing is everything in this game. My only consolation is that there is not an exact same Baltic cruise next year.

I'm trying to get my agent to switch a September 2020  Canada/New England to a 2022 March Caribbean Cruise. My agent can usually make magic, Wish her luck please. Already have another cruise booked in September 2021.

Edited by Jimbo

We were successful in changing our October 18 2020 sailing from San Juan on the Freedom to November 14 2021.  We did have to pay the difference in the taxes/fees/port expenses but were able to keep all the original pricing (kids sail free/myvegas 10% discount).  It did have the 100 change fee but there was a -100 right below it.  It just only took 4 tries since the call did drop 3 times...over 2 hrs on the phone but it's done and are grateful they offered this policy change since we were worried about going in October.  Good luck to everyone else and just have patience.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for clarifying because that’s my situation, the 2021 cruise is a lower price than what I paid for 2020!  Hmm, now I’m thinking I should L&S this one too! I thought I was going to have to cancel and rebook to get the lower rate. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

Thanks for clarifying because that’s my situation, the 2021 cruise is a lower price than what I paid for 2020!  Hmm, now I’m thinking I should L&S this one too! I thought I was going to have to cancel and rebook to get the lower rate. 

Easier to do it this way as the money just moves over.  No waiting for taxes and fees to be refunded or laying new deposits...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Thank you & yeah that makes absolutely no sense to me.  Southern is in the Carib just like west & East.  Did you try calling back?  May get a different supervisor to authorize it.  

I am currently on my second call - at least the initial wait time was only a couple of minutes this time. However, she stated the same thing - it has to be a Southern Carib itinerary, and she also verified it with someone else. I ended up Shifting it to Nov 7, 2021, on Freedom (same ship), Southern itinerary, but she did have to check first because the ports are not exactly identical. The problem we had is there are currently no Southern Caribbean sailings in October 2021, but DH's work policy is generally no week-long vacations in November-winter months. Hopefully they'll be ok with it though, since at this time he'd have to self-quarantine after returning, which would push his return to work into mid-November anyway. *craziness* We love Freedom and have been looking forward to sailing out of San Juan and the southern itinerary. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JustUs275 said:

I am currently on my second call - at least the initial wait time was only a couple of minutes this time. However, she stated the same thing - it has to be a Southern Carib itinerary, and she also verified it with someone else. I ended up Shifting it to Nov 7, 2021, on Freedom (same ship), Southern itinerary, but she did have to check first because the ports are not exactly identical. The problem we had is there are currently no Southern Caribbean sailings in October 2021, but DH's work policy is generally no week-long vacations in November-winter months. Hopefully they'll be ok with it though, since at this time he'd have to self-quarantine after returning, which would push his return to work into mid-November anyway. *craziness* We love Freedom and have been looking forward to sailing out of San Juan and the southern itinerary. 

Southern itinerary is beautiful.   St Thomas is my favorite island.  I’m still SMH they wouldn’t give you what you originally asked for though.  We are booked for Eastern and St Thomas & Antigua are on that.   At least for now. Who’s to say in a year & a half lol.   Looks like you’ve got some beautiful islands to see and will probably fall in love with them all 😉

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Has to be within a 4 week time period of your original cruise.  Same length and basic itinerary. 

Ken,

I'm confused on the "basic itinerary"  "cruise type"

For example, right now we're booked on Rhapsody out of Venice this summer to Greece.  Next summer Odyssey is going to Greece out of Rome within the same 4 month period.

Can I Lift & Shift from Rhapsody to Odyssey at the same price?   

10 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Ken,

For example, right now we're booked on Rhapsody out of Venice this summer to Greece.  Next summer Odyssey is going to Greece out of Rome within the same 4 month period.

Has to be with in 4 weeks though, yes price match, like category cabin, not 4 months from original.

You are going to make out good!

Edited by Jimbo

Just now, Jimbo said:

Has to be with in 4 weeks though, yes price match, like category cabin, not 4 months from original.

You are going to make out good!

I actually have one problem, Jimbo. 

I'm hoping they overlook.

My Rhapsody cruise this year is a 6-nighter. 

In 2021, all their Greece cruises within a month of my sailing are 7-nighters or more except one.

Just one 6 night.   

Hope they don't try to force me on that one.

If they don't, we'll be very happy about the change.

3 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

In 2021, all their Greece cruises within a month of my sailing are 7-nighters or more except one.

Just one 6 night.   

Good Luck!

13 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Ken,

You can change as long as new cruise is +/- 4 weeks of the original date next year. 

The cruise has to be the same length.

You. will have to call to see if they consider that the same itinerary.  They have denied people switching from a Southern Caribbean to an Eastern.

The example they gave in tje FAQ’s allowed an Explorer (Rome to Rome) to be transferred to Harmony.  

6 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Just one 6 night.   

That I can tell you they won’t do.  It has to be the same length...no exceptions. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

That I can tell you they won’t do.  It has to be the same length...no exceptions. 

So basically it has to be another 6 nighter, same area within a month.

There's only one sailing that meets that criteria.  Only 1.

That would be my only option?  I'm going to have to argue that one! lol

3 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

So basically it has to be another 6 nighter, same area within a month.

There's only one sailing that meets that criteria.  Only 1.

That would be my only option?  I'm going to have to argue that one! lol

Arguing won’t due you any good.  Others have tried such as those on a TA’s and in similar situations to yours and told nope.  You will end up not being able to use the Lift and have to use the CWC to cancel and take the FCC and rebook on your own. Sorry. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Arguing won’t due you any good.  Others have tried such as those on a TA’s and in similar situations to yours and told nope.  You will end up not being able to use the Lift and have to use the CWC to cancel and take the FCC and rebook on your own. Sorry. 

Sigh. Ok.   Thanks for the advice!  Always appreciated.

• Like 1

Thank you very much @Ourusualbeach for taking the time to provide the information on the changes to CWC and Lift & Switch, and for answering so many of our questions. 

Now all that DH and I have to decide what option we want to take, keep our cruise as is, L & S it, or CWC. It will be a difficult decision, but at least it helps to understand our options. Thanks again for your help.

• Like 2

How are they working out the 4 wk period as the example given appears to be slightly over 4weeks each way?

Is there anything to stop me moving a current Aug 2020 booking on Harmony to an Aug 2021 booking on Symphony (Western to Eastern Caribbean) and then rebooking another Aug 2020 cruise and waiting that one out as to whether it ends up being cancelled?

Sadly I’m not seeing how this works out for UK guests. There are very few sailings that match up, due to the fact we only have one ship here, and there simply isn’t the choice.  

It is the exact itinerary length that gets us... a Canaries Cruise is 10n this October, and 11n next October.  The only other Canaries cruise is 14n this Sept v 12n next July so that doesn’t fit in with the 4 week rule either. 

I wonder if they will allow an 10n from Southampton to be swapped to a 10n from Barcelona? 

Edited by little britain

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

Sadly I’m not seeing how this works out for UK guests. There are very few sailings that match up, due to the fact we only have one ship here, and there simply isn’t the choice.  

It is the exact itinerary length that gets us... a Canaries Cruise is 10n this October, and 11n next October.
I wonder if they will allow an 10n from Southampton to be swapped to a 10n from Barcelona? 

I spoke to a friend last night who was looking into l & s from the uk. Royal are to get back to her about how it may apply as for the most part its disadvantaging the uk cruises

• Like 1