Banned for filing a claim with your Credit Card Co?

dag144

49 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

For those of you who filed a credit card dispute. Question; did you book your cruise directly with Princess or use a Travel Agent other than Princess?

What difference should that make since any ethical agent will have the cc payment made directly to the cruise line?

46 minutes ago, Coral said:

I booked with an agent. My dispute was never settled (still in progress) and Princess did finally refund my money yesterday.

So, they are actually refunding money unlike what some who post would lead you to believe. They are actually not just waiting to go bankrupt.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

We used a TA and they have only sent a " party line" e.mail stating that Princess is overwhelmed and trying to deal with the situation so be patient!

That was 3 weeks ago. Still waiting!

I sent an e-mail to my agent asking about what dates they may be up to in sending refunds. His answer was that the refund department was not even answering their phones, and to be patient.

37 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

So, they are actually refunding money unlike what some who post would lead you to believe. They are actually not just waiting to go bankrupt.

Yes.....the check is in the mail but they do not remember if they put a stamp on the envelope or not.....:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gmjc2 said:

We used a TA and they have only sent a " party line" e.mail stating that Princess is overwhelmed and trying to deal with the situation so be patient!

That was 3 weeks ago. Still waiting!

That was pretty much our situation.  We got the "Carnival is too big to fail" party line emails from our TA.  They clearly did not want us to file disputes, but we did on May 13th.

The good thing is that in the last 2 days we have gotten credit on all three cards we used.  Still short $363 but I will worry about that later on.  That is less than 1% of what we were waiting for.

• Like 1

We are trying to give Princess the chance to come thru as our 60 days will not be up till the 14th of this month. Cunard has not refunded and it is 77 days. We filed dispute with CC on may 14th and had the provisional credit on card in 5 days. Hopefully it becomes permanent soon.

Airline ( not with cruise line) Also did not refund by May 14th so filed for that also. About 10 days later my refund came thru but not my husband yet? It is all so stressful.

13 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

It is all so stressful.

I so agree.  We have a cruise on Princess scheduled for November but we will be cancelling.  I do not want to give them another chance to cause us so much worry.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

It took 89 days.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

What difference should that make since any ethical agent will have the cc payment made directly to the cruise line?

I have heard travel charges in Australia are handled differently. In the US - you are correct.

On 6/4/2020 at 8:06 AM, ontheweb said:

There may be no difference.  I was curious as to how people were dealing with getting refunds.  If they booked directly with Princess they deal directly with them.  If they booked with a travel agent; then they are not talking to Princess but go thru their agent.  You brought up ethics; which was not a question I asked.  Today is national donut day.  Have a great one

19 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

There may be no difference.  I was curious as to how people were dealing with getting refunds.  If they booked directly with Princess they deal directly with them.  If they booked with a travel agent; then they are not talking to Princess but go thru their agent.  You brought up ethics; which was not a question I asked.  Today is national donut day.  Have a great one

I booked through a TA but they were essentially useless in this process.  I spoke directly to Princess.  Come to think of it, they were essentially useless too!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

I booked through a TA but they were essentially useless in this process.  I spoke directly to Princess.  Come to think of it, they were essentially useless too!

Yeah - I think TA's are not much help on this because when they call Princess, they get the same people we get and they (Princess) are not saying much! The TAs are just as frustrated as we are.

Edited by Coral

20 minutes ago, Coral said:

Yeah - I think TA's are not much help on this because when they call Princess, they get the same people we get and they (Princess) are not saying much! The TAs are just as frustrated as we are.

In some cases the TAs are more frustrated than us because they are being told multiple stories for multiple clients.  And as we get frustrated by hold times, that multiplies for them as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Even though I booked with Princess - I was dealing direct with Princess in reference to refund. No need to involve TA in this.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I think TAs are more frustrated as we get updates that are different to the ones customers get, then customer relations tells us something completely different again. We are being made to look as if we have no idea what we are talking about (and, in many cases, we don't since we are getting so much conflicting info).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I mentioned an ethical TA because anyone booking with a TA who does not have the charge posted directly to the cruise line may very well have a major problem.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

My TA said the refund department at Princess is not answering their phones.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 12:41 PM, spyro1952 said:

Give me a break.  With unemployment at 20% or more Princess could hire temps and get this process done in a matter of a few weeks or less.  I am sick of being patient- after 2 mos I still can’t get a straight answer from them, an FCC, never mind pay back to my credit card.  
They are attempting to stay a float with everyone’s money.  Bankruptcy will be swift and silent. 

I sure hope not.  We just paid off our January cruise in full.  Hoping they'll stay afloat, and not willing to kick them while they're down.

I have to say our TA has been very helpful. A big online co

He works from home most days with some weekends in office.

The Princess person works from home (only 3 days) but cannot

phone in or out. TA has exchanged emails and copies us in.

I think payment system is different in UK  we pay the TA they

pay the  Cruiseline / Airline   Most  are Abta/Atol   so if they

or the provider become insolvent money is still safe.

Since europe adopted the ruling that CC charges cannot be passed

on to the client a lot simply refused to accept credit cards.

20 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I mentioned an ethical TA because anyone booking with a TA who does not have the charge posted directly to the cruise line may very well have a major problem.

got it;  thanks