Banned for filing a claim with your Credit Card Co?

dag144

8 hours ago, BIGADORF said:

Really, is this the "My way or the Highway" mentality. When Princess 1st cancelled their cruises, they knew how many people would be affected. To get refunds, first it was 30 days, then 60 days, then 90 days. Princess is the one who is constantly changing the rules.While I understand the reduced staff issue, perhaps some of the "top executives" need to start doing some of the work to help those who were promised a refund. Think back as to the leniency that was offered to the cruise line customers if they were a few days late on making final payment, were they given any "breaks"? Exactly how long is "giving them time to follow through?" I am all for protecting "your commission" but not at the cost of not protecting the customer.

They should not have reduced the staff until all the refunds were processed. It is obviously not a priority, right or wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I filed 2 disputes with my credit card for independent excursion company charges for our Mediterranean cruise that was canceled. Their terms when I booked was a full refund if we canceled with 24 hours notice or our ship did not stop at the port for any reason. Now both say that they are only offering vouchers at this time and will consider a refund in 18 months if they have the capability and I am unable to use the certificate. I doubt we will be traveling to Europe in the next 18 months and I have even more doubts that those companies will be in business in 18 months. I imagine they will put me on the banned list regardless of the dispute outcome, but there are plenty of other options if I eventually get to those ports and they choose not to take my money at that time.

Interesting, I wonder if we had the same excursion company. They are in Italy and we have used them many times previously!  Yes, every email we had from them had in the auto signature that there would be a full refund if canceled 24 hours before. The word “voucher” never appeared on their website until the last week in March. 
I spoke to my credit card company and they said you have to dispute within 60 days. So, we paid in full in January so they were not sure if we could dispute. Lesson learned - do not pay ahead!  I do love this company and will not bad mouth them as I am sure they are in serious financial straights.  I hope we will be able to use their voucher but who know what the future holds. 

Interesting, I wonder if we had the same excursion company. They are in Italy and we have used them many times previously!  Yes, every email we had from them had in the auto signature that there would be a full refund if canceled 24 hours before. The word “voucher” never appeared on their website until the last week in March. 

I spoke to my credit card company and they said you have to dispute within 60 days. So, we paid in full in January so they were not sure if we could dispute. Lesson learned - do not pay ahead!  I do love this company and will not bad mouth them as I am sure they are in serious financial straights.  I hope we will be able to use their voucher but who know what the future holds. 

Would the initials be CW / DR Tours?

We booked in January also. I have no problem with a voucher if they had said that when we booked, but they changed the rules afterwards. I don’t believe we had an option when booking other than to prepay or we would have waited. They had very good reviews and we wanted to make sure the tours weren’t sold out if we waited until we arrived.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oceanlovinmama said:

Wrong....you should be though.  They have promised you your money back, but you aren’t giving them the time to follow through.  Do you know how many people they are dealing with, and with a reduced staff? Give them a break...but my agency may not allow us to do business with clients who do this.  It takes away any protected commission and technically the supplier(cruiseline) could come after us for payment.  It’s a huge headache for people who can’t be understanding and patient.  

Pathetic!  So you are threatening your clients with helping Princess ban them as passengers?  Way to get business in the future...

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Would the initials be CW / DR Tours?

We booked in January also. I have no problem with a voucher if they had said that when we booked, but they changed the rules afterwards. I don’t believe we had an option when booking other than to prepay or we would have waited. They had very good reviews and we wanted to make sure the tours weren’t sold out if we waited until we arrived.

No, not those companies.  We also used an excursion companies in Portugal and Spain for our July cruise and those refunds came within a week. 

Be patient with Princess and be mindful of your TA’s commission?  What other companies would you extend patience to if they had thousands of dollars of your money? 

If your electric company accidentally took $10,000 from your autopay instead of $100 and when you called them they said it would be 90 days until you got your money back, would you shrug your shoulders and take the attitude that they are pretty busy down there at Acme Gas and Electric?  Not a chance.

We are among those awaiting a refund. We have disputed the charge with CITI Bank, because despite having cancelled with our TA in mid-March and despite having requested a refund, not FCC in response to the Princess letter we all received, Princess still shows as booked, not cancelled. Mysteriously, they did cancel our EZ Air reservation, though. 

In fact, when I spoke with a Princess rep, she said their system didn’t show us as cancelled. Never mind that Princess had cancelled the cruise already.

In February, the Princess computer systems magically collected final payments for every one of the thousands of booking for our cruise,  in one fell swoop.  Refunds ought to be as simple. Push the button and reverse the charges for initial deposit and final payment. I get that other charges for excursions, prepaid, etc. are trickier and might need extra time to reconcile.

Make no mistake, the delay in Princess refunds is about cash flow management, not logistical problems in processing refunds.

Banned from Princess for filing a CC dispute? I doubt it, but the world is full of vacation options and we will be fine. I’m not operating a bank here.

Edited by SteerageJack
  • Like 16

11 minutes ago, SteerageJack said:

Be patient with Princess and be mindful of your TA’s commission?  What other companies would you extend patience to if they had thousands of dollars of your money? 

if your electric company accidentally took $10,000 from your autopay instead of $100 and when you called them they said it would be 90 days until you got your money back?Would you shrug your shoulders and take the attitude that they are pretty busy down there at Acme Gas and Electric. Not a chance.

We are among those awaiting a refund. We have disputed the charge with CITI Bank, because despite having cancelled with our TA in March and despite having requested a refund, not FCC in response to the Princess letter we all received, Princess still shows as booked not cancelled.

In February, the Princess computer systems magically collected final payments for every one of the thousands of booking for our cruise in one fell swoop.  Refunds ought to be as simple. Push the button and reverse the charges. Make no mistake, the delay in Princess refunds is about cash flow management, not logistical problems in processing refunds.

Banned from Princess for filing a CC dispute? I doubt it, but the world is full of vacation options and we will be fine. I’m not operating a bank here.

Absolutely agree!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oskidunker said:

They should not have reduced the staff until all the refunds were processed. It is obviously not a priority, right or wrong. 

I doubt the area that reduced staffing in is doing the refunds.

If you are challenging a Princess charge on your credit card , you may not be able to use that credit card with Princess for 

the time being .

Use a different credit card next time with Princess . That should be alright . It is not personal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

If you are challenging a Princess charge on your credit card , you may not be able to use that credit card with Princess for 

the time being .

Use a different credit card next time with Princess . That should be alright . It is not personal.

I don't think Princess is that organized to ban a credit card.

9 minutes ago, Coral said:

I doubt the area that reduced staffing in is doing the refunds.

ALERT:  heresay Princess:

So far I have seen posted that a PVP and a wedding planner have been let go

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dog said:

I have no doubt that they have laid off thousands of people. I am guessing it is areas that are not busy due to ships not sailing. Someone else posted they knew someone in Marketing. It would probably not be the accounting department processing returns. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Coral said:

It would probably not be the accounting department processing returns. 

all I know is "accounting" is not a revenue generating profit center … certainly not the division processing refunds … just a necessary evil … 

certainly glad we don't have hardly any skin in the game at this point - only a $ 100 NRD for a fall cruise, and a $ 115 deposit of a cruise 12/2021 … hard to imagine how a lot of you are feeling about this process

• Like 1

Speaking of skin in the game...  My estimate is I am down -$11,000, including a full payment for a March cruise, pre-purchased shore excursions, and pre-purchased specialty restaurants.  I am also down FCDs for two cancelled future cruises, this fall.  😗😒😳😟

19 minutes ago, Cruiserkenn said:

Speaking of skin in the game...  My estimate is I am down -$11,000, including a full payment for a March cruise, pre-purchased shore excursions, and pre-purchased specialty restaurants.  I am also down FCDs for two cancelled future cruises, this fall.  😗😒😳😟

March cruise- did you contact your credit card company? 

20 hours ago, oceanlovinmama said:

Wrong....you should be though.  They have promised you your money back, but you aren’t giving them the time to follow through.  Do you know how many people they are dealing with, and with a reduced staff? Give them a break...but my agency may not allow us to do business with clients who do this.  It takes away any protected commission and technically the supplier(cruiseline) could come after us for payment.  It’s a huge headache for people who can’t be understanding and patient.  

Some of us need the money to live.  Right now the only person in our house working right now is my son who took a job at a grocery store.  My eldest son is looking for other jobs as he works for a company that puts on trade shows and events, he will not have anything for quite a while.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

After reading your post which shows your  conflict of interest it made me realize I should never use a travel agent again. Maybe to save money and become profitable Carnival Corp should reduce and eliminate TA's altogether.

It doesn't cost you a penny more to use us.  We get paid from the cruise lines for 'recommending' them to you.  You could call me today, and call whoever, lets' say Royal and the price would be the exact same...EXCEPT...maybe we have group space where we can save you some money or offer amenities.  Everyone has taken what I said wrong.  I'm not saying you shouldn't do it if you really feel you have been wronged, I'm saying PLEASE think about it when you using a TA.  I care for my clients...a lot!  I've checked in with them, I send gifts, I am concerned about their refunds as well, but I also know the cruise lines are trying!  I'm on a webinar everyday with one of them.  For me personally, I've had 92 clients that I've had to request a refund or FCC for or move them to another cruise.  That is just me so think of all the people out there.  All the agents and the clients requesting the same thing.  I just think if they have said they will give you your money back, they will.  Call me naïve but I trust them.  I've been doing this a long time and for the most part these companies, at least, Royal, Celebrity and Princess are great suppliers to work with.  Just give them 90 days....if they can't deliver by then, then by all means do a chargeback.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, oceanlovinmama said:

Good grief, you don't just LOOK like a Karen, you talk like a Karen too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, SteerageJack said:

If your electric company accidentally took $10,000 from your autopay instead of $100 and when you called them they said it would be 90 days until you got your money back, would you shrug your shoulders and take the attitude that they are pretty busy down there at Acme Gas and Electric?  Not a chance.

We are among those awaiting a refund. We have disputed the charge with CITI Bank, because despite having cancelled with our TA in mid-March and despite having requested a refund, not FCC in response to the Princess letter we all received, Princess still shows as booked, not cancelled. Mysteriously, they did cancel our EZ Air reservation, though. 

In fact, when I spoke with a Princess rep, she said their system didn’t show us as cancelled. Never mind that Princess had cancelled the cruise already.

In February, the Princess computer systems magically collected final payments for every one of the thousands of booking for our cruise,  in one fell swoop.  Refunds ought to be as simple. Push the button and reverse the charges for initial deposit and final payment. I get that other charges for excursions, prepaid, etc. are trickier and might need extra time to reconcile.

Make no mistake, the delay in Princess refunds is about cash flow management, not logistical problems in processing refunds.

Your cruise will show booked not cancelled so that accounting does not get confused when issuing the refund or FCC.  If it was showing as cancelled, that would mean you cancelled within your penalty phase and that could keep you from getting your full refund.  Be thankful it showed cancelled!! 

There is no way any cruise line will ban anyone that files a CC dispute.

1 minute ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Good grief, you don't just LOOK like a Karen, you talk like a Karen too!

You know.....people are cruel.  Look at you.  Being a big bully and all.  I'm just saying to be patient with these cruise lines.  I've not heard of one refund going over 90 days.  They are coming in around 60 or so.  These are unprecedented times, those times call for different measures.  I bet when the price goes down,  you demand they do that immediately, or you want that on board credit they promised  you to show up NOW on your account.  It's different when it's the other way around isn't it?  All I was saying is to think of your TA IF you used one and to be patient with the cruise lines.  Wow....that is all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dog said:

Sadly I have read about far too many Princess employees losing their jobs in many different departments.  Some have said that they are staying on until the end of the month or July 1st but their job is eliminated after that date.  Some have said they were in the revenue department but I don't know if they would have been assigned to the area generating the refunds.  It's sad all around but I do think that if people are tired of waiting for what they are owed by Princess, by all means go the credit card dispute route.  I sincerely doubt that Princess would hold that against any potential future customers.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, capriccio said:

It isn't a problem with their accounting system.  Rather it is a problem of lack of cash flow.

After reading this thread (and others on this topic) I have to really consider if cash flow isn't the largest issue right now. I don't know the internal financials of any cruise line but with the top line virtually cut off for now I don't know where the $$'s would come from. NCL obviously got a nice infusion from a big investor but I haven't heard of anything like that happening for Carnival Corporation.... but I've been wrong before. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joepeka said:

After reading this thread (and others on this topic) I have to really consider if cash flow isn't the largest issue right now. I don't know the internal financials of any cruise line but with the top line virtually cut off for now I don't know where the $$'s would come from. NCL obviously got a nice infusion from a big investor but I haven't heard of anything like that happening for Carnival Corporation.... but I've been wrong before. 

RCL and CCL both got large investments before NCL did.

• Like 3