Banned for filing a claim with your Credit Card Co?

dag144

I watched a YouTube today.  The vlogger claimed that one could be banned from future cruises for taking this action, that is filing a dispute with your credit card company for the return of your fare when the cruise line cancelled your cruise.  This is the case with Princess' cancellations related to the current Covid19 situation.

This sounds are fetched, but if it's true it's akin to being banned from a crooked poker game!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wrong....you should be though.  They have promised you your money back, but you aren’t giving them the time to follow through.  Do you know how many people they are dealing with, and with a reduced staff? Give them a break...but my agency may not allow us to do business with clients who do this.  It takes away any protected commission and technically the supplier(cruiseline) could come after us for payment.  It’s a huge headache for people who can’t be understanding and patient.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, oceanlovinmama said:

Wrong....you should be though.  They have promised you your money back, but you aren’t giving them the time to follow through.  Do you know how many people they are dealing with, and with a reduced staff? Give them a break...but my agency may not allow us to do business with clients who do this.  It takes away any protected commission and technically the supplier(cruiseline) could come after us for payment.  It’s a huge headache for people who can’t be understanding and patient.  

Why don't you spend your time putting pressure on the cruise lines to process refunds? They have stopped automatic processes of refunds. They were fully staffed until recently and the amount of refunds were minimal.

I have no problems with not doing business with your company in the future. Do you not realize there people are having financial issues also. Maybe they need that money to live? It is more than just your commission that people are worried about.

Princess told me I would get my money back in 30 days, then 60 days and now they can't tell me when. I don't know if I can trust them. They have given me no reason to do so. Some honesty from the cruise line may help in this situation.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, oceanlovinmama said:

Really, is this the "My way or the Highway" mentality. When Princess 1st cancelled their cruises, they knew how many people would be affected. To get refunds, first it was 30 days, then 60 days, then 90 days. Princess is the one who is constantly changing the rules.While I understand the reduced staff issue, perhaps some of the "top executives" need to start doing some of the work to help those who were promised a refund. Think back as to the leniency that was offered to the cruise line customers if they were a few days late on making final payment, were they given any "breaks"? Exactly how long is "giving them time to follow through?" I am all for protecting "your commission" but not at the cost of not protecting the customer.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I filed 2 disputes with my credit card for independent excursion company charges for our Mediterranean cruise that was canceled. Their terms when I booked was a full refund if we canceled with 24 hours notice or our ship did not stop at the port for any reason. Now both say that they are only offering vouchers at this time and will consider a refund in 18 months if they have the capability and I am unable to use the certificate. I doubt we will be traveling to Europe in the next 18 months and I have even more doubts that those companies will be in business in 18 months. I imagine they will put me on the banned list regardless of the dispute outcome, but there are plenty of other options if I eventually get to those ports and they choose not to take my money at that time.

• Like 5

The funny thing is that if Princess wants to ban me - go for it. I have probably spent over six figures with them in the past. It would be silly to do so. More importantly - I think Princess will need to win my loyalty back with them. They are seriously hurting their relationship and loyalty with their loyal customers.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 22

Aren’t we lucky that we get to decide for ourselves to file a credit card dispute or not?  Maybe TA s could put some pressure on Princess to give people their money back. 

• Like 16

In this day and age of computers there's no excuse for taking so long to return the money. It doesn't take long to take it, usually my credit card has been charged as soon as I get off the phone booking a cruise. Just their way of using money, for free, that's not theirs anymore.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, oceanlovinmama said:

Give me a break.  With unemployment at 20% or more Princess could hire temps and get this process done in a matter of a few weeks or less.  I am sick of being patient- after 2 mos I still can’t get a straight answer from them, an FCC, never mind pay back to my credit card.  
They are attempting to stay a float with everyone’s money.  Bankruptcy will be swift and silent. 

• Like 7

If, prior to COVID-19, someone had filed a dispute that was not in agreement with the cancellation policy and the cruise contract, there are some stories of people being banned (they also were not successful with the dispute).

In this case with the disputes clearly being in accordance with the terms of the cancellation policy, as well as Princesses stated policy, I do not think it will be an issue.  They are going to need every customer they can get when this is over.

If they do ban me for filing a dispute I will happily take my business and money else where.

Edited by npcl
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, oceanlovinmama said:

So basically you have a vested interest in this.  You lose any protected commission if people dispute.  I would expect your agency is much more concerned about that than the impact the long delays, the lack of any recognizable system of processing refund, the inability of people to determine status, might actually have on the customers.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

In this day and age of computers there's no excuse for taking so long to return the money. It doesn't take long to take it, usually my credit card has been charged as soon as I get off the phone booking a cruise. Just their way of using money, for free, that's not theirs anymore.

It isn't a problem with their accounting system.  Rather it is a problem of lack of cash flow.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, oceanlovinmama said:

Well, I'll tell you what.  You can write me a check for my cancelled cruise, and when, and if, I get a refund from Princess, I will give you back your money.  That way you can protect your commission.  Until then, I am going to use the consumer protection laws that I can.  

If your agency will not allow me to use their service because I used the available legal remedy to protect my money, then so be it.  I really don't want to use your services.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, dag144 said:

I watched a YouTube today.  The vlogger claimed that one could be banned from future cruises for taking this action, that is filing a dispute with your credit card company for the return of your fare when the cruise line cancelled your cruise.  This is the case with Princess' cancellations related to the current Covid19 situation.

This sounds are fetched, but if it's true it's akin to being banned from a crooked poker game!

Oh no.....really.....if I get my money back from Princess through my credit card company for their unethical ways so be it.  They were given plenty of time to process everyone's refunds and they chose to lie and deceive their customers.  If anyone should be penalized it is Princess for the con job they are running.  There are plenty of other cruise lines that will take my money so I do not care!!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, oceanlovinmama said:

Good reason not to use a TA or a TA's company.....thanks for the heads up.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, oceanlovinmama said:

After reading your post which shows your  conflict of interest it made me realize I should never use a travel agent again. Maybe to save money and become profitable Carnival Corp should reduce and eliminate TA's altogether.

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

After reading your post which shows your  conflict of interest it made me realize I should never use a travel agent again. 

We're not all bad....promise!

• Like 10

7 hours ago, oceanlovinmama said:

How much time is it appropriate to wait? 30 days? 60? 90? 120?  What’s the right number? 
We were told 30 days at first. It’s now been 63 days.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

We're not all bad....promise!

My TA has our best interest at heart & said that any commission wouldn’t offset the frustration of her dealing with Princess any further...we filed a chargecard claim.

You’ve previously read about our situation (took 60 days to learn they lost our 3/12 Option 1 requests despite confirmation on that date) & in over 60 days all Princess has done is to delete our FCD from our Captain’s Circle account that was used for our cruise...not right!

Being banned from future cruises for taking action to get our refunds is a risk we’re willing to take & would take our business elsewhere if Princess were to be so petty & vindictive.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Coral said:

Why don't you spend your time putting pressure on the cruise lines to process refunds? They have stopped automatic processes of refunds. They were fully staffed until recently and the amount of refunds were minimal.

I have no problems with not doing business with your company in the future. Do you not realize there people are having financial issues also. Maybe they need that money to live? It is more than just your commission that people are worried about.

Princess told me I would get my money back in 30 days, then 60 days and now they can't tell me when. I don't know if I can trust them. They have given me no reason to do so. Some honesty from the cruise line may help in this situation.

Agree! I don’t believe they are processing any refunds at present. And then they lay off people? Why not train them to process refunds, answer phones, etc?

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, suzyed said:

How much time is it appropriate to wait? 30 days? 60? 90? 120?  What’s the right number? 
We were told 30 days at first. It’s now been 63 days.

You might want to check to learn if after 60 days your request is even in their system which for us it wasn’t there.

We didn’t reapply to begin another 60 day delay & decided to cut our losses by filing a chargecard dispute. We preferred a credit now without hoping for future FCC & refund but that’s merely our preferred action.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

You might want to check to learn if after 60 days your request is even in their system which for us it wasn’t there.

We didn’t reapply to begin another 60 day delay & decided to cut our losses by filing a chargecard dispute. We preferred a credit now without hoping for future FCC & refund but that’s merely our preferred action.

They have our request.

• Like 1