I wish Royal would decide if we can sail July

Someone posted on the Celebrity board that an announcement is coming tomorrow. Not surprising if there is an earnings call and a TA webinar. Rumor is cancellation date is pushed to 7/31, now that all those sailings ( and the first two weeks of August) have passed final payment dates. 

mac_tlc

• Haha 1

A letter to crew members from Carnival's President was leaked and posted on that legal eagle's site that many of you dislike.  It states that Carnival has paused operations until the end of August and it is uncertain that they will sail on August 1st.  So if Carnival isn't sailing until the end of August, it is very doubtful that Royal or NCL will.  

On Celebrity board, person just posted that her TA told her that X will announce tomorrow that they will cancel all cruises thru July. We have a July 3 cruise on Royal  and an X cruise in August so it is about time they cancel. Cannot wait to hear. 

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

Although the CDC only has US jurisdiction, it has global influence and direct input on US travelers abroad. These things combined are enough to stop ships globally until the ban is lifted.

Really?  No cruise line anywhere in the world can cruise until the CDC approves it? 😏

9 hours ago, cruisefan0110 said:

I noticed that the earnings call is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 10:00. I am hoping that call brings a lot of information. 

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Someone posted on the Celebrity board that an announcement is coming tomorrow. Not surprising if there is an earnings call and a TA webinar. Rumor is cancellation date is pushed to 7/31, now that all those sailings ( and the first two weeks of August) have passed final payment dates. 

mac_tlc

Tomorrow is the weekly phone call for travel agents with Vicki Freed, RC SVP.  Special guest is Richard Fain, CEO.

Stay tuned.

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

A letter to crew members from Carnival's President was leaked and posted on that legal eagle's site that many of you dislike.  It states that Carnival has paused operations until the end of August and it is uncertain that they will sail on August 1st.  So if Carnival isn't sailing until the end of August, it is very doubtful that Royal or NCL will.  

I posted a link to this and that's not exactly what was said.

8 ships out of 3 ports are supposed to sail august 1st, then the rest. She did say august is uncertain. If they dont sail august 1st I expect the trial balloon will be pushed back a month while they get the crew back for the rest.

Just to be clear Galveston and miami and port Canaveral are still not cancelled for august 1st. Just 8 ships. ..at obviously reduced capacity. All the sudden they will shut down bookings for a date the ship obviously isnt full.  I was looking at partial panama rcl doesnt do, bam, closed bookings.

Everyone is anxious for those first reviews. See what reduced capacity means.

I wish they would make a decision on the Med sailings for this year.  Other lines have already cancelled them so only a matter of time before Royal follows.  With my final payment due mid-July I'd love for them to decide before then.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I posted a link to this and that's not exactly what was said.

8 ships out of 3 ports are supposed to sail august 1st, then the rest. She did say august is uncertain. If they dont sail august 1st I expect the trial balloon will be pushed back a month while they get the crew back for the rest.

Just to be clear Galveston and miami and port Canaveral are still not cancelled for august 1st. Just 8 ships. ..at obviously reduced capacity. All the sudden they will shut down bookings for a date the ship obviously isnt full.  I was looking at partial panama rcl doesnt do, bam, closed bookings.

Everyone is anxious for those first reviews. See what reduced capacity means.

I didn't see the link you posted -- are you sure we're talking about the same letter?  The letter I saw was to the crew and didn't mention the 8 ships out of 3 ports.  It did say that they paused operations until the end of August.  

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/05/articles/disease/a-giant-ponzi-scheme-carnival-cruise-line-president-cruising-on-august-1st-still-very-uncertain/

3 minutes ago, starrcards said:

We have an 7 day Empress cruise July 6 to New England and Canada. Can I lift and switch to an 8 day Bermuda cruise on the Empress July 2021?

Itineraries must be the same length and type.  Yours meet neither requirement. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

23 hours ago, cruisefan0110 said:

I noticed that the earnings call is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 10:00. I am hoping that call brings a lot of information. 

Is the call in info available anywhere for this call?  I'm asking for a friend.

3 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Is the call in info available anywhere for this call?  I'm asking for a friend.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL) has scheduled a conference call for 10:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, to provide a business update.  The call will be available on-line at the company's investor relations website, www.rclinvestor.com.  To listen to the call by phone, please dial (877) 663-9606 in the US and Canada.  International phone calls should be made to (706) 758-4628. There is no passcode or meeting number. A replay of the webcast will be available at the same site for a month following the call."

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL) has scheduled a conference call for 10:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, to provide a business update.  The call will be available on-line at the company's investor relations website, www.rclinvestor.com.  To listen to the call by phone, please dial (877) 663-9606 in the US and Canada.  International phone calls should be made to (706) 758-4628. There is no passcode or meeting number. A replay of the webcast will be available at the same site for a month following the call."

Perfect.  Thank you....  And I'm sure my friend is appreciative as well.  😁

Just now, little britain said:

For those booked in July and August , has the entertainment been opening up to book as usual 120 ish days out? 
Have guaranteed rooms been assigned as usual?  
Or are they late in doing this? 

Nothing for our July Ovation cruise 

• Thanks 1