Will June 13th cruise be cancelled?

I had four nights on the Mariner in a corner aft balcony booked for June 15.  I hated to give up that cruise, but I was so positive that it was going to be cancelled that I lifted and shifted it to next year.  I have not second-guessed myself on that decision because I believe it is impossible to sail on that date.  You might feel better about your cruise if you lifted and shifted it, still having something to look forward to.

I think they (Royal) will wait another week or so to see how the lift & shift program is working. If it is generating a decent number of cruise transfers, then I believe the cancelations by Royal will be close to the first of June. They want to avoid as many refund requests as they can for as long as possible.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

Didn't we all say that last week? 🤣

Yep.  I think that the lift and switch overwhelmed them and they didn't want to add to that with a cancellation announcement.  The L&S is going better now that they are doing the pricing adjustments on the back end.  Calls to do a L&S are now taking about 5 minutes as opposed to over 30 when they first started.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I dont like the fact that they holding on to thousands of dollars per person until the last minute when the money could go towards booking another vacation (not a lift and shift). Not to mention flights and hotels that will have to be cancelled.  

1 hour ago, crazyank said:

This only applies to cruises from the USA.

TO or From:  CDC extended its No Sail Order, effective April 15, 2020, to continue to suspend all cruise ship operations in waters subject to US jurisdiction. 

• Like 1