Celebrity Cruises Favorite food.

josephml1

4 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

The tomato soup in Luminae (I get two bowls!)

Forgot to mention Bananas Foster. Whenever it's on the menu I have to eat less of my main entree. 😁

• Like 2

I try things that aren’t common in local restaurants.....lamb and escargot, and many of the soups. Hold off on most of the deserts and sneak over to El Bacio later to finish it all off!!

I’m surprised we haven’t heard from the ‘Nothing is edible in the MDR’s’ posters!! I really miss them. 

Truly enjoyed the Edge’s four MDRs with their special dishes in each and the fun at the Edge restaurant. I enjoy beef and so on but cutting back and usually don’t get it on board in order to try other dishes. More than a few times have done the 3 or 4 appetizers as a meal.....I think good app’s is the mark of an good restaurant. 

Den

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I’m surprised we haven’t heard from the ‘Nothing is edible in the MDR’s’ posters!! I really miss them. 

I think that they decided to start their own thread: Celebrity Cruises Least Favourite Food.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I think that they decided to start their own thread: Celebrity Cruises Least Favourite Food.

My least favorite food?? Trying to enjoy a dish listening to a table mate complain for the 2nd or 3rd time....which usually is the last time as we then ask to be moved. 

Oh, I hope I haven’t opened Pandora’s Box on this one! 

Den

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Oh, I hope I haven’t opened Pandora’s Box on this one! 

An elderly gentleman at my table would order the same dish most nights and then leave most of it and complain the meat was too dry. But in all honesty the poor man was in a wheelchair and was suffering so allowances have to be made.  

4 minutes ago, STLCRUISIN said:

My wife loves the chocolate cake on the every night menu in the MDR. We both like the crab cake appetizer, lamb chops and beef wellington.

The beef short ribs that they serve during the concierge class luncheon. So yummy and fall off the bone. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

The beef short ribs that they serve during the concierge class luncheon. So yummy and fall off the bone. 

I've found the beef short ribs to be good in any of the restaurants....Think they have them in Blu and luminae as well as MDR. 

1 hour ago, m8zenblue said:

Fish and Chips

They looked great!  However, on our 2019 Eastern Med cruise after waiting in line for them to put more out, the lady in front of us got 12 Fish and chips!  TWELVE!  The man behind us in line actually yelled at her because no more were being served!  I hope that lady had 11 people waiting for this fish and chips!

36 minutes ago, HappyCamper49 said:

My husband loves their French onion soup!  Says it is better than some $$$ restaurants.

When I cruised with DH we both had excellent French onion soup in Tuscan grill. The next night he ordered again from the MDR and it was not as good. The waiter was so kind and brought him one from the specialty restaurant. 

3 hours ago, Denny01 said:

We did  Solstice ten or so years ago and that was one of our worst experience in a mdr ever in our 70 cruises, one of the problems was a new waiter people were leaving at ten pm without getting there entree , after a couple of dinners we had dinner in blue or another specialty restaurant, this was before Luminae, all recentcruises were great but never did mdr again.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Can't pick one.  Short ribs and lamb shank in Blu.  Crème brule.  Dover Sole in Muranos.  Chateaubriand in Luminae.  

OMG. They all sound so good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 39august said:

The lemon tarts at Cafe al Baccio! I don't eat sweets at home, but these and the afore mentioned pistaccio roll in Luminae are a must on a cruise. 

Try the chocolate tarts they serve there. I found the lemon tarts did not have a strong enough lemon flavour.  The german chocolate cake is to die for but you can't find it on every ship or sailing. 

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Here you go. We no longer eat in the MDR, the food is really bad. Since  class distinction now rules Celebrity, MDR is the worst of the dining options. Celeb wants you to spend the big bucks, stay in suites and eat in designated venues.

Not for us. We have almost switched to Viking and Oceania. Just have one more Celeb cruise left because of a particular itinerary. Will not eat in MDR, no longer expect quality and taste there. Buffet is still ok, can have something made to order. 

So there you are, hope that satisfies those who have asked for comments for least favorite. But alas I have not named any specific foods....onion soup used to be amazing, now not edible...there is the word you have been waiting for, processed turkey, it is iridescent, but when you point it out to a waiter, they will tell you, no sir it is just off the bone. Ok enough, no more for us. You can fool some of the people.....you know how that goes...

apologies for being off the initial topic, I really try and not do that...