The Daily for Saturday May 30, 2020

richwmn

today is Mint Julep Day and Water a Flower Day

Chef, n.:  Any cook who swears in French.            

Meal suggestion for today - Porcupine Meatballs

At Sea Indian Ocean
Eurodam destination Manila eta
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Jakarta eta 6/1
Noordam destination Manila eta 5/31
Rotterdam destination Jakarta eta 6/5
Veendam destination Reunion eta 6/5
Volendam destination Jakarta eta 6/1
Westerdam destination Jakarta eta 6/1
Zuiderdam destination Reunion eta 6/5

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam destination Pichilingue MX eta 5/29

La Paz Anchorage
Oosterdam

Lubuan
Maasdam destination Lubuan eta 5/29

Manila Anchorage
Amsterdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

all530.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.

Thank you for the Daily Report.

It's cloudy and cooler here this morning and we had rain yesterday.  But I will water my indoor plants including my orchid.

Thank you for the map, love seeing where some of the ships are.

Have a great day.  Stay healthy.

• Like 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

My plants are certainly getting plenty of water with the rain coming down.

Sorry, I think we will have bison steak tonigh instead of porcupine meatballs 😉 

• Like 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Hope all the Dailyites are well. Denise hope you are getting to relax a bit!  Joy hope your search is going well.

Mother Nature certainly got the memo about it being water a flower day - she has been practicing here all week!

Rich - All I can say to your quote is Bien sur!

Tonight is pizza with friends night - with wine of course! No cooking involved at all.😎

Stay well everyone!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 2

Had to google porcupine meatballs. Sounds like something DH would love. Will have to give that a try sometime. For now, we have a lovely lasagna from his work. 

The tech company DH works for has a cafe on campus that employees can get lunch and dinner at, and twice  a week they can get a family take home dinner. so we have dinner for 4-5 nights. The food is really good. The owner is a chef and  has a restaurant in a neighboring town. At DH’s work he has a garden and cooks from that, and long beautiful tables set up next to the plants. It’s like walking into Fine Cooking magazine.

• Like 5

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Mon dieu, I think you read my mind - I was planning on making a big batch of porcupines, both for dinner and for freezing.  Love them!  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 3

Good morning Rich.  Thank you for the HAL Fleet update. 

It is a nice sunny morning here in Naperville, IL.  I will pass on the Porcupine meet balls,

When I was a boy growing up, May 30th was Memorial Day.  That changed in the Presidency of Richard Milhous Nixon.

Have a great day and keep up the good work..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Koningsdam destination Pichilingue MX eta 5/29

Awwww, I was thinking about Pichilingue yesterday ❤️  I was wearing a necklace that I bought there at  the cruise ship dock market.

Thanks for the Daily!

• Like 1

Thanks for the daily update.  No porcupine meatballs for us, maybe raccoon instead if the critters don't stop being pests.  Like others,  the rain did the watering for us yesterday.

• Like 1

Good morning to Rich, to everyone on the daily and to my sweet sisters Cat and Joy!!!

I love to cook French foods yum! So to the WOW Bien sûr, ne sommes-nous pas tous ? LOL😉

Mint Julep’s had one once at a Kentucky Derby party in Del Mar at the race track years ago! Not my favorite😞

Taking flowers to Shawn‘s place today and Dad is going to fix up her new bar cabinet. First dinner at her place👍 Finally just relaxing instead of moving! My back says thank you!
Looks like Disney ship is docked at our pier so I will see it today when we head out! Wish it was different and we were back doing our sailaways!! I miss not being at Island Prime watching HAL😞

Have a great day all!

Enjoy pizza and wine with your friends Cat!

Denise😊

• Like 2

Thanks Rich for the daily.  I will pass on the dinner suggestion as I have left over pizza. We should be getting a wild lightning storm in a few hours so hopefully some rain and few fires. I need to look up how to make a mint julep. It sounds refreshing. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the report for this traditional Memorial Day.  Like many others, I've had plenty of water here.  I was a bit busy this morning as it was my church men's group breakfast on the last Saturday of each month (on Zoom of course).  At least the Maasdam is finally at her ultimate layup space; not sure of what other ships are done with their roaming.

Today is also hopefully going to be rocket launch day.

Roy

• Like 1

Thank you for the Daily.

Chef, n.:  Any cook who swears in French.

Gordon Ramsey is a MASTER chef, then, isn't he?         

I've not made Porcupine Meatballs, but I think that I'll add it to the rotation this coming week.

So much cooler today!

Have a great day!!

Edited by Dismomx5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks Rich!!

Porcupine meatballs... interesting. That's a new one for me. 

No watering needed here too. Mother Nature has been generous.  I will later this week probably.

Still waiting for my CTscan. Gonna be next week now. Covid making scheduling tough. Gotta be patient. 

• Like 4