Cruise Planner Just Refunded - our time frame experience

44 days and counting....ugh. That's for the oldest cruise planber cancellation. Have since had to do L&S as cruise was cancellelled. Currently owed over $1200.

Really making me rethink the whole prebooking of excursions.

We cancelled on March 6 (day of announcement) for a March 7 sailing so 48 hour notice not possible.  I immediately got emailed a statement of all my shipboard prepurchases and the last 4 digits of associated credit card.  YOU WOULD THINK it should be easy at this point.

• Got FCCs for 1 year not 18 months because it was not eligible for Cruise with Confidence.  I had to get a doctors letter.
  • Got Port fees and taxes at 30 day mark.
  •  It took many emails and at day 90 finally got our shipboard refunds.
  • Next Cruise credit on cancelled sailing was tossed when the FCCs were issued.  Isn't that so nice of them.

They have lost a lot of loyalty as far as I am concerned.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:59 AM, mac_tlc said:

Our cabana refund was posted to our credit card 11 days after cancellation, including the 6 days it took to post at the credit card company. Canceled it 5/18, Refund on credit card 5/29. Also appeared in two credits, of unequal amounts, that added to the correct total. Also had a mysterious $16.57 credit posted. I have no idea what that is for. 

mac_tlc

I received all our cruise planner refunds on 4 cancelled since march in about 2 weeks.  One sailing took closer to 3 weeks.  I was shorted $27 in total and when I called I was told the wait time was over an hour so I said forget I was not worried about $27 then on friday I received a $62 credit to my amex card.   Strange but I'm not going to call and tell them because I am hearing from other folks they are getting refunds on rcl travel ins where I was told on 2 of my sailings it was non refundable.  

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Finally received the last of our cruise planner refunds after 80 days.  

Think I will hold off on prebooking anything for the one remaining cruise we have on the books.  

We are taking the same approach for January on Freedom.

I did get a full refund from Delta for our October flights, as they changed the flight time by more than 90 minutes. It was a quick call of 20 minutes, after being on hold for 40 minutes. I just told them the new flight time does not work for us, so I need to cancel the flight and no questions were asked. 

Their refund policy is 30 working days. 

• Like 1

We cancelled our cruise on March 6 the day Cruise with Confidence was announced.  Unfortunately our sailing was March 7 and Royal Caribbean said tough.  We called our BigBox TA and they gave us an email address to see if we could get some consideration.  They said if we got a doctors notice we could get FCCs good for a year but not 18 months.  

So here is the timeline:

• March 6 - Cruise was cancelled
  • March 6 - We received an email with a itemized list of Cruise Planner Purchases as soon as BigBox TA cancelled the cruise
  • March 9 - We got a letter from doctor stating medical reasons we should not cruise: Diabetic, Immune Suppressed
  • March 10 - We sent letter to BigBox TA special address.
  • March 12- We were told we would accept the FCC rules
  • April 3 - We pinged again and got the FCC numbers
  • April 6 - We got our port taxes and fees refunded to our credit card
  • May 30 - Almost day 90 - we got our cruise planner refunds after more pings to an RCCL agent that the BigBox TA was working with.

So be patient and ping on a regular basis.  I am definitely gun shy at this point.

As a side note we applied our FCCs to a previously booked cruise for next March but I am kind of hoping they cancel that sailing and extend our FCCs.  I have a strong feeling that things are getting worse again.

It pays to call sometimes too for peace of mind.

I canceled a cruise on May 11 for June 2021. I had an overwater cabana and thrill park tickets purchased.  CSR told me they would be automatically refunded to my cc and the deposits would come back as FCCs. I was fine with that as long as I could apply the FCC to the cruise I had lifted and shifted for later that summer.  She said absolutely.

Yesterday was the 30 day (calendar not business) day mark and I just wanted confirmation that the FCC for my deposit was in the works. I don't mind waiting at all, just wanted the peace of mind that everything was humming along.

Called at 8am and got right through.  CSR confirmed that the FCCs were being processed. I then asked her, just for the heck of it, can you check my cruise planner purchases. Low and behold, they were not in process and had to be manually done. Waited for about 45 minutes while the wonderful, and I mean wonderful, CSR worked with resolutions to get my planner stuff refunded.

Said I should have it in 30-45 business days.  I will call again in a week just to make sure.

Edited by cured

I'm so tired of waiting forever to get over $1300 back. I last contacted via Twitter 10 days ago - and they said the manually set it up to be refunded..still waiting. At what point should I actually call? Will that make any difference??  April 23 was my first cancellation. 

We've been waiting for about $600 back from cruise planner refunds from beginning of May. I called today and after an hour and a half on hold, I was told I should have my refund in 10-14 days. Not sure what the status would have been if I hadn't called. 

On 6/19/2020 at 10:24 PM, MechE31 said:

We've been waiting for about $600 back from cruise planner refunds from beginning of May. I called today and after an hour and a half on hold, I was told I should have my refund in 10-14 days. Not sure what the status would have been if I hadn't called. 

I received my refund today, 1 week after my call. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 10:24 PM, MechE31 said:

That is what is so frustrating. You get the impresssion that you have to call—- which should be the opposite  of what Royal should want you to do. 

Especially for refunds that are automated (I assume) every day process such as cruise planner refunds. 

Given the time frame I experienced, it seems like if you hadn’t called, it would not have happened. 

Royal has lost some loyalty and lustre in my eyes in how they have butchered the refund process. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

Cancelled drink package and dinner package on April 26th cause we L&S our cruise. No refund as of today... Guess ill have to agree with most of the above.. I wouldn't repurchase until they are up and running again... Calling i really don't have the time to set on the phone for hours... 

On 6/6/2020 at 10:21 AM, bouhunter said:

Did a lift and shift a couple weeks ago.  Refunds for beverage packages were credited to our card in 4-5 days.  Sounds like we were lucky.

Hopefully, we will get back our drink packages $ back the quickly when we cancel our October Allure Cruise next month. Not planning to make final payment. 

20 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Hopefully, we will get back our drink packages $ back the quickly when we cancel our October Allure Cruise next month. Not planning to make final payment. 

I have already cancelled all my cruiseplanner purchases for the Allure TA. It has been 11 days with nothing yet. 

I was seriously considering making  the final payment to get the 125% and roll it to the Harmony TA next year. But now, it’s unlikely I will make the final payment. I’m waiting for a variety of FCCs, reissued FCCs, cruiseplanner refunds, refunds from cancelled cruises, FCCs converted to refunds, taxes/fees refunds, with the elapsed time anywhere from 5 to 102 days.  I think that’s enough. Bad enough I’ll have to wait who knows how long to get the Allure deposit as an FCC. Too bad—- if they had managed this process a little better, they may have gotten more final payments. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cancelled my cruise planner purchases two weeks ago and received refunds yesterday - 13 days later.  It was all my $18.00 beverage packages for the rest of the year. 

Now waiting for refunds for two September cruises that were cancelled.   (Took over 4 months to get refund from February!)

Update:

Refunds for three cruiseplanner items posted to credit card today, 6/30. Total of about $290. I cancelled them on 6/19. Interestingly, once they were visible today on my credit card account on-line, they had a 6/24 posting date. So the credit card company is in no hurry either.

There was also a mystery credit of $406.62 with the same posting date. Must be a portion of something because that amount doesn't match anything I am waiting for. Will have to wait for the other pieces to post. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

We cancelled our cruise planner purchases for August cruise on 6/20/20 in expectations that the cruise would be cancelled in the Aug to Sep 15th window.(it did).  The refunds for the cruise planner showed up on our cc on 6/27/20.  The cruise itself refund has been promised in 30-45 days.  Time will tell.

Today was 50 days since we cancelled cruise planner items for a cruise we knew would ultimately be canceled, which it was about 10 days later.  I decided to call, was put on hold and was told 'looks like those are being processed today and you should see them hit your card in 5 to 7 days, depending on your bank'.  Mmmmkay......We'll see if they show up.  I got the FCC for the cancelled cruise pretty quickly, and I'm not expecting to see the taxes, fees, grats come back until at least 60 days, but didn't figure cruise planner stuff that was canceled separately and quite a bit ahead of the actual cruise cancellation would take so long.  Totally hit and miss based on this thread, that's for sure. 

Another Update:

received the credit for my cancelled drink package (@ $18!!!😔😔) today. 12 days from day of cancellation, with the credit card company taking 6 of that. 

Still waiting for cash refunds, FCCs, re-issued FCCs, and FCCs converted to cash refund anywhere from 10 to 110 days.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Another Update:

received the credit for my cancelled drink package (@ $18!!!😔😔) today. 12 days from day of cancellation, with the credit card company taking 6 of that. 

Still waiting for cash refunds, FCCs, re-issued FCCs, and FCCs converted to cash refund anywhere from 10 to 110 days.

mac_tlc

A slow process indeed.