Talking about Bass Strait bubble

With the new cases that have been detected in Victoria, I feel the Qld government is wise in keeping our borders shut. Others have mentioned that people who live or work in the Gold Coast-Tweed area have passes to travel across the border.

Russel 21 mentioned an imminent election. Maybe he means in Queensland. The Premier wasn't very popular a while ago, but I feel her 'ratings' would have risen during the COVID crisis and unfortunately, the LNP have been having a massive dispute between the parliamentary wing and the party bosses. That just helps the other side. During this time of COVID, nearly all heads of government have come out looking good. In Aust the only exception I can think of is Victoria, particularly after the branch stacking scandal broke on the weekend. That was amazing - branch stacking on an industrial scale.

49 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

With the new cases that have been detected in Victoria, I feel the Qld government is wise in keeping our borders shut. Others have mentioned that people who live or work in the Gold Coast-Tweed area have passes to travel across the border.

Russel 21 mentioned an imminent election. Maybe he means in Queensland. The Premier wasn't very popular a while ago, but I feel her 'ratings' would have risen during the COVID crisis and unfortunately, the LNP have been having a massive dispute between the parliamentary wing and the party bosses. That just helps the other side. During this time of COVID, nearly all heads of government have come out looking good. In Aust the only exception I can think of is Victoria, particularly after the branch stacking scandal broke on the weekend. That was amazing - branch stacking on an industrial scale.

Dan Andrews is very popular in Victoria. He's done a very good job during the pandemic and has garnered a lot of respect.

44 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Dan Andrews is very popular in Victoria. He's done a very good job during the pandemic and has garnered a lot of respect.

Not as popular as he was. He is losing a fair bit of support and respect from what I can see and hear. 

Leigh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

In Aust the only exception I can think of is Victoria, particularly after the branch stacking scandal broke on the weekend. That was amazing - branch stacking on an industrial scale.

It's not the first time and, sadly, it wont be the last. All parties do it, some are better at it than others.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

It's not the first time and, sadly, it wont be the last. All parties do it, some are better at it than others.

I don’t think it is right to say parties do it, rather that it happens in all parties. Indeed many so called “power brokers” gain that power by being able to have people pre selected sometimes by less than legitimate means.

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Starting to think that a road trip to Tas might be off, if border with Vic is closed down, so what next, maybe another visit to Lismore??

Lismore is in a beautiful region of NSW.  Do you have family there?

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

Not as popular as he was. He is losing a fair bit of support and respect from what I can see and hear. 

Leigh

Totally agree.  He is called Dictator Dan now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Lismore is in a beautiful region of NSW.  Do you have family there?

Yeah wife’s father live there try to get up once a year. Unfortunately neither of us at really  Up to the trip in one go anymore so it rally is a road trip. 

I have only recently noticed a banner at the top of CC pages mentioning "No Political Posts". That can be a bit tricky to avoid when political decisions are having an effect on our cruising enjoyment and, in some cases, lifestyle.

55 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah wife’s father live there try to get up once a year. Unfortunately neither of us at really  Up to the trip in one go anymore so it rally is a road trip. 

A beautiful road trip with so many places to get off the highway and enjoy NSW Headlands and beaches.  I always tell overseas visitors, who drive from Brisbane to Sydney, to turn left on the little roads to explore the beautiful beaches.  In addition, Belingen and Dorrigo inland are great stopovers.  I have lots of favourite stopovers, but South West Rocks and Trial Bay Gaol are top of the list.  I guess you have probably stayed at most special places en route.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I have only recently noticed a banner at the top of CC pages mentioning "No Political Posts". That can be a bit tricky to avoid when political decisions are having an effect on our cruising enjoyment and, in some cases, lifestyle.

I just watched the interview with the WA Premier advising he was not going to make a decision about opening WA border until the situation in Victoria is under control.  He explained he was considering mid August, but wanted to wait.  I don't see that as a political decision but more a common sense decision based on the medical advice, at this time.  The Queensland Premier is under pressure to open the Queensland border, but no-one wants to see the well earned loosening of restrictions reversed.  

35 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I was surprised when I saw this taking off from Tullamarine yesterday.

A2878A1B-A3F6-45AB-89B1-EBF6307C6CC0.thumb.jpeg.8a6a96b18b006a3771ab4b3dd647f9da.jpeg

Some planes are still flying , some flying off to park up , and some transformed for cargo. The most recent case of Covoid in NZ was 1 of 2 passengers on a flight that was mostly cargo . Some of the big passenger planes have also 

been used on special flights to bring back badly needed PPE.