Talking about Bass Strait bubble

I would have thought that Australia would act as one country not all the states doing there own thing....

Also the still large number of people still flying back home....

maybe they all need to be in one place... so not to skew the numbers of new cases......

And if you  believe the media... this is where most to new cases are coming from.....

so i can see more finger point again......

Cheers Don  

Well, there is one country rule, but the states are allowed to modify on top of that.

And it's acknowledged that most flights go to Sydney so will harbour most arrivals, but some go other places. Hence the numbers are skewed towards Sydney. And would be wherever that main destination would be.

It is, in my opinion, arguable that the States are in breech of the Constitution,  (s92) together with various treaties and convention, in the past it has been permitted to place limitations on this freedom, in times of emergency including for reasons of public health, but given that the highest medical officer in the land has said that it is not required at this time. A number of people have stated they are taking the question to the a High Court, and ScoMo  has said he would support such action, but to date no one has actually done so.

On 6/10/2020 at 6:01 AM, bazzaw said:

Unfortunately, we here in Queensland are still imprisoned by our paranoid female Labor Premier!!!!!  I guess Victorians are much the same - but their Premier is MALE!!!! - but also paranoid.

We love the fact our border is still closed no chance of the virus traveling north then. As soon as they are open the southerners will invade everywhere as they always do leaving no room in camping/caravan parks as happens every year. If the virus count keeps going up I hope our premier keeps it closed a bit longer. 

40 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

We love the fact our border is still closed no chance of the virus traveling north then. As soon as they are open the southerners will invade everywhere as they always do leaving no room in camping/caravan parks as happens every year. If the virus count keeps going up I hope our premier keeps it closed a bit longer. 

I am willing to lay a bet that you have a regular source of income and you can maintain a roof over your head - with no thought or care at all for others who don't !!!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

I am willing to lay a bet that you have a regular source of income and you can maintain a roof over your head - with no thought or care at all for others who don't !!!!

Sorry but your making assumptions about me that aren't correct. I have great care & compassion for all the people that lost jobs in March & are still wondering when they will work again. My thinking is until community transfer of the virus stops down south we should keep our borders closed. We live in a very small coastal town with a largely elderly population, their health should come ahead of southerners wishing to go on holidays.

On 6/10/2020 at 6:01 AM, bazzaw said:

Unfortunately, we here in Queensland are still imprisoned by our paranoid female Labor Premier!!!!!  I guess Victorians are much the same - but their Premier is MALE!!!! - but also paranoid.

Victoria is open for business.  SA like QLD is still playing ducks and drakes.   Time to be one country and get rid of the State Governments.   If I were involved in tourism in Qld, SA and WA, I would not be a happy little Vegemite,  In fact I would be fuming and broke.  Think about the retirees who invested their superannuation payout in a couple of holiday units on the Gold Coast? I know of a few, no return, they must be cot cases by know.

Anyway Uncle Les needs some R&R after recent events and is headed out to the bush on Sunday for a week, contributing to the economy around Wagga, Griffith, Cootamundra etc.  They need it.  I would have gone to the Gold Coast to see my brother and sister but I cannot get an entry ticket, so stuff 'em, spend my $$$$ in NSW - the Premier State.  Country Mixed Grills and Wineries, here I come.

pinot.jpg.06374ea0ee22e7f22ebb5a49adcf3da3.jpggrill.jpg.44feb8382b60591fc165e5f7ccb91009.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Anyway Uncle Les needs some R&R after recent events and is headed out to the bush on Sunday for a week, contributing to the economy around Wagga, Griffith, Cootamundra etc.  They need it.  I would have gone to the Gold Coast to see my brother and sister but I cannot get an entry ticket, so stuff 'em, spend my $$$$ in NSW - the Premier State.  Country Mixed Grills and Wineries, here I come.

pinot.jpg.06374ea0ee22e7f22ebb5a49adcf3da3.jpggrill.jpg.44feb8382b60591fc165e5f7ccb91009.jpg

You enjoy supporting the bush economy Uncle Les. We have our inland trip planned for October. We are keeping out of the "Big Smoke".

I agree Les, tourism needs all the help it can get. We are off to south west Victoria for a few days on Sunday, so will spend a few dollars there. We would love to fly into QLD (I have a brother on the Gold Coast) but looks like it will be awhile. A fair percentage of Victoria's cases have been returning international travellers from other states. 

Leigh

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Victoria is open for business.  SA like QLD is still playing ducks and drakes.   Time to be one country and get rid of the State Governments.   If I were involved in tourism in Qld, SA and WA, I would not be a happy little Vegemite,  In fact I would be fuming and broke.  Think about the retirees who invested their superannuation payout in a couple of holiday units on the Gold Coast? I know of a few, no return, they must be cot cases by know.

Enjoy your get away Uncle Les and have Ye olde mixed grill for the Gutster.

8 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Hopefully I will be helping out NSW tourism with my trip to the outback in two weeks time. Looking forward to leaving the city limits🤗.

I wonder if the Police will be at Carmon's Corner  stopping people..... LOL

Enjoy your trip... nice country in outback NSW

Cheers Don

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 9:27 PM, LittleFish1976 said:

Does it matter, male or female?

Dan Andrews is so 'paranoid' that he cooked up 21 new cases in last 24 hours!

Still like us to join you for our holidays?

The scary part is community cases have tripled. 

18 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Community cases in Australia have tripled. 

Some people look at the greater good, not just the economic good.  Even the Gold Coast Mayor  endorsed the Premier and said the border shouldn't open until it was safe to do so.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I wonder if the Police will be at Carmon's Corner  stopping people..... LOL

Enjoy your trip... nice country in outback NSW

Cheers Don

On the TV news here this week they have shown cars being turned back at Cameron's Corner with the gates being locked.

12 minutes ago, valantine80 said:

On the TV news here this week they have shown cars being turned back at Cameron's Corner with the gates being locked.

Wow    that I think is taking things to an extreme ..... what next ??

I understand the closures.... but what is this doing to all the people in  Tweed Heads and Coolangatta...

Is the Gold Coast Airport across the state border ???  if so are there Police on runway stopping planes ....

Cheers Don

Do you know what a farce the Q'land border closure is? Do you realise that if you are living and working in Q'land and have relatives in NSW you can get a pass that lets you out and in again. Not sure if it works for us whites, but I personally know that it works for Aborigines.

4 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Do you know what a farce the Q'land border closure is? Do you realise that if you are living and working in Q'land and have relatives in NSW you can get a pass that lets you out and in again. Not sure if it works for us whites, but I personally know that it works for Aborigines.

Everyone who lives on the Gold Coast/Tweed Heads can get a pass for their car to travel to and fro across the border.  Queenslanders can also travel to NSW because NSW borders are not closed.  As long as Queenslanders don't visit NSW "hot spots", they can come back to Queensland, without any problems coming back.  

10 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Queenslanders can also travel to NSW because NSW borders are not closed.  As long as Queenslanders don't visit NSW "hot spots", they can come back to Queensland, without any problems coming back.  

So why cannot people from NSW that don't live in "hot spots" travel to QLD? Makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

So why cannot people from NSW that don't live in "hot spots" travel to QLD? Makes no sense to me.

Me either but don't forget that an election is imminent, and a certain female is not very popular with the voters and hasn't been for some time. Might be a case of "Look what I'm doing for you".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Community cases in Australia have tripled. 

Some people look at the greater good, not just the economic good.  Even the Gold Coast Mayor  endorsed the Premier and said the border shouldn't open until it was safe to do so.  

WOW TRIPLED. just like i tripled my money on a bet I had $1 on. Its not going to make me rich. Qld an hour behind 6 months why not make it all year.

7 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Everyone who lives on the Gold Coast/Tweed Heads can get a pass for their car to travel to and fro across the border.  Queenslanders can also travel to NSW because NSW borders are not closed.  As long as Queenslanders don't visit NSW "hot spots", they can come back to Queensland, without any problems coming back.  

Ridiculous selfishness.