6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Do you still use a typewriter 🤔

Or a buggy whip😁

Does Websters even do acronyms?

Im sure you know these

FUBAR

SNAFU

SOS

I do not use a typewriter due to a disability .The keys are too difficult for me to move.I use an I-Pad with a special stylus pen. 

I never used a buggy whip.

I do not know what FUBAR is 

2 hours ago, karena1 said:

Probably, I am not wearing a mask to lay at the pool and sunbathe.  Fine with getting on the ship, disembarkation, muster and those things, but not wearing one at the pool or to eat dinner and those type of things.  

image.jpeg.d2aa19c2721a7ca7331ddcb8115cc1d6.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

FUBAR

Fouled Up Beyond All Reason/Repair. 

Military term when things are really bad or not going as planned. A few words are typically substituted. 

M8

Yes, the verb you wisely elected to substituted. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

FUBAR

Military term when things are really bad or not going as planned. A few words are typically substituted. 

M8

I think the word I learned for the "F" is slightly different from yours.

• Haha 2

On 6/9/2020 at 7:30 AM, Biker19 said:

Like every business does, they'll put "X" on the floor 6ft apart on the typical disembarkation paths which passengers will quickly ignore.

It'll probably look something like this (from the RCCL humor thread)

image.png.9a97f857c5dc69044428edd8ee410ab4.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,but we are discussing cruise ships. There have been too many times when I was I a theater or dining room on a ship and needed a bathroom that I was barely able to get to on time.

Well if the public bathrooms close I expect a run on Depends will occur. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

I don't think the cruise lines care if you get infected getting off the ship.  As soon as your foot hit's the pier, you're not their problem.  I've seen the same thing during Noro outbreaks.  I've been on cruises where they have all of the Noro controls in place at the buffet until the morning of departure.  Suddenly no one cares if you sanitize your hands and everyone serves themselves.

5 hours ago, karena1 said:

Probably, I am not wearing a mask to lay at the pool and sunbathe.  Fine with getting on the ship, disembarkation, muster and those things, but not wearing one at the pool or to eat dinner and those type of things.  

I have no direct knowledge, but something tells me you will not be required to wear a mask while eating dinner during. 😄

m

14 minutes ago, Pstreet12 said:

Cruise Critic did a piece on likely changes--seems like they may have some insights the rest of us don't:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5354/?et_cid=3332264&et_rid=267422827&et_referrer=newsletterPopup

That article is almost a month old. RCI had released subsequent statements since then, though nothing very definitive.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

FUBAR

M8

Yeah, Not exactly how I remember it  😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I don't think the cruise lines care if you get infected getting off the ship.  As soon as your foot hit's the pier, you're not their problem.  I've seen the same thing during Noro outbreaks.  I've been on cruises where they have all of the Noro controls in place at the buffet until the morning of departure.  Suddenly no one cares if you sanitize your hands and everyone serves themselves.

Corona Virus, This to shall pass

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I do not use a typewriter due to a disability .The keys are too difficult for me to move.I use an I-Pad with a special stylus pen. 

I never used a buggy whip.

I do not know what FUBAR is 

Do you know any acronyms

Edited by John&LaLa