Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It has been one program. But now they are splitting. If you have never been on Azamara you will lose your Discoverer status on a certain date. If you had cruised on Azamara you would retain your Azamara status. I got an email explaining with the dates but since I have been on both Azamara and  Celebrity I didn't pay attention to the effective dates.

Agree and my understanding going forward. 

3 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

Your Azamara points go to your Azamara number. There is reciprocity between the lines (matching level for level), but you can't have your Celebrity points added to Azamara and vice versa.

Did that make sense?

Not correct for now.  Today theY DO combine programpoints but that will stop next year

In case OP is still uncertain:  after the split, new points earned on either Azamara or Celebrity will go only to the account of the line your earned them on.  Azamara cruises will increase only your Azamara total; Celebrity cruises and PUPs will only increase your Celebrity total.  Neither has ever affected your Royal point total.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Thank you. I just got a new offer

Yes, I didn't know I had such power!

Unfortunately, the new offer is only if you book a particular cruise.  Not for watching a webinar or taking a quiz.

3 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

My guess would be that the days of getting PUPs without spending money are over based on recent offerings.

And they are actually going to make us cruise to earn Club Points.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just booked an Alaska cruise on HAL. I could easily cancel if I wanted since I only put down a $25 deposit for Cyber Monday but none of the itineraries beat what I currently have booked and the closest comparable cruise would cost $430 more – not worth 5 Captains Club points.

Very Very disappointed in last 2 PUPS. Forcing us to buy products to gain a few points is distasteful.  I guess the days of webinars, and quizzes are over! I’ve got cruises booked through 2024. It really compromises my style to have to book certain itineraries or air fare to earn points. So long PUPS!🥲

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I just booked an Alaska cruise on HAL. I could easily cancel if I wanted since I only put down a $25 deposit for Cyber Monday but none of the itineraries beat what I currently have booked and the closest comparable cruise would cost $430 more – not worth 5 Captains Club points.

I'm also looking elsewhere and just booked Princess for January even thought I'll be Elite plus on my next 2 Celebrity cruises. They are getting too expensive and seem to be nickel and dimeing at every turn.   Also my CVP is not answering my calls and agents have been most unhelpful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dreamer321 said:

Having Captain Kate curate your shore excursions can't compare to actually visiting Glacier Bay!  Even though they're not my usual recommendations, HAL and Princess are the only way to go in Alaska [other than the small-ships that spend 2 whole days in Glacier Bay].  Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm awaiting points for my second leg on the Reflection (11/27, 7-nights, debarked this last Sunday). How long does it typically take to post? It's been 5 days now.

What's odd, I logged in and found the following "points pending" image (link takes me nowhere) -- and, I'm not yet sure what I'm doing in the year 2039 !!!   :

i-m73j2Mc-L.png

Tom

32 minutes ago, ORV said:

So is Captaining the Solstice a downgrade from the E class for CK?

I don't think she is Captaining on Solstice.  Just along for the ride with the CEO and doing some travel talks to the passengers.  Maybe Celebrity thinks she will attract more potential cruisers.  From all the advertising, looks like passenger count is lower than they expected on a lot of cruises/locations.

Edited by cluso

4 minutes ago, cluso said:

I don't think she is Captaining on Solstice.  Just along for the ride with the CEO and doing some travel talks to the passengers.

I see, I didn't click the link so I misunderstood what was happening.