Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I played in December when I cut and pasted it from this thread. Received the email yesterday and played it in the background with the sound off. Did the same for my wife.

Only a few more points away from Elite (if our September Reflection cruise goes ahead with double points). Hopefully will be Elite for a Far east trip next January. Let these PUP offers keep coming.

My main motivation for getting to Elite is to use Tuscan for breakfast. My wife prefers the Spa Cafe as she eats little early am and we usually travel Aqua just below it (handy for gym too). I like a big breakfast on holiday and feel a bit odd in Blu by myself, and the MDR is a bun fight by yourself (table cleared up if you go back to collect another plate).

Hi

Why did you do the same for your wife?

I have done most of the PUPs and my wife has done none but both our points has gone up in tandem.

• Like 1

We received the 9 points from December on the 14th. They also finally adjusted DH's account which until now showed the same number of points as mine but had a disclaimer saying that some of his points were from a spousal or linked account. The disclaimer is now gone. I now take screenshots of all the PUP activities and save them until the following month when the points post. The screenshots are proof we did the activities. I forwarded the screenshot in question to Captains Club and they credited the missing activity PUP to DH's account that were missing. 

Just a heads up about the social media activities is that you can make the activity post public, but keep your privacy settings limited, so that only the 1 post is public. Just be sure when you post subsequently to check that your privacy settings that they don't default to your last post setting.

Four of my December points loaded but not the five for the Apex webinar video that I watched after the fact. 

Can anyone help me with the approximate date that they either received the email inviting them to watch the video or when they did watch the video? I assume it was sometime shortly after the live webinar which I believe was Dec.9th.

Captain's Club says they can't help me until I have a more specific date that I would have watched this video. 

TIA

12 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

Four of my December points loaded but not the five for the Apex webinar video that I watched after the fact. 

Can anyone help me with the approximate date that they either received the email inviting them to watch the video or when they did watch the video? I assume it was sometime shortly after the live webinar which I believe was Dec.9th.

Captain's Club says they can't help me until I have a more specific date that I would have watched this video. 

TIA

I watched it on Dec 12th. It was after the initial offer filled up. I took a screenshot at the time and checked the date.

31 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I watched it on Dec 12th. It was after the initial offer filled up. I took a screenshot at the time and checked the date.

Thank you!

(And note to self to take sceeenshots going forward for verification.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Only a few more points away from Elite ...

My main motivation for getting to Elite is to use Tuscan for breakfast. My wife prefers the Spa Cafe as she eats little early am and we usually travel Aqua just below it (handy for gym too). I like a big breakfast on holiday and feel a bit odd in Blu by myself, and the MDR is a bun fight by yourself (table cleared up if you go back to collect another plate).

Hello "hawkesbaynz."

We are a bit uncertain about what you have in mind, regarding the "use [of] Tuscan for breakfast."  Are you aware of the fact that there is no hot food available in Tuscan for the Elite breakfast?  Only cold solid foods and hot and cold beverages are available.  If you wish to have eggs, you will have to use the buffet or MDR.

There is no need to feel "a bit odd in Blu" by yourself.  We dine alone often -- all over the ship -- and no one takes notice or cares. 

We have three suggestions to help you to avoid the problem you have had in the MDR (or buffet).  We used to have the same problem, but we stopped having it by doing the following:

... (1)  Wear or carry a jacket/sweater and/or a small knapsack -- and leave it/them on your chair when you stand up to refill your plate.  Crew members and other guests will then avoid your table.

... (2)  Place, on the table in front of your chair, a large piece of paper on which you have written a note, asking the crew not to remove anything.

... (3)  While you are seated and eating your first plateful of food, tell as many wandering crew members as possible not to take anything away until they are absolutely sure that you are gone.

--------------

Regarding Captain's Club points ... Today, we were shocked to see 9 points credited when we were expecting only 7 (which raised us to the Elite-plus tier).  But will we ever cruise again?  That is a good question.

Oh!  Just remembered the 2 free points at end-of-year. 

Should make Zenith at about age 95.

Edited by jg51

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

The only perk we enjoyed in Elite+ was the free Cappuccinos in Al Baccio.  Of course all these may be a thing of the past with AI.

I didn’t think the Apex Webinar was very specific in detail about Captain’s Club perks for Elite and above after the introduction of AI, except that they inferred that there would be a 20% reduction to upgrade from Classic to Premium drinks. They hadn’t sorted the details of other ‘surprises.’

14 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Why did you do the same for your wife?

I have done most of the PUPs and my wife has done none but both our points has gone up in tandem.

My DH only gets points when I do the PUP for each of us separately.  Since there was one that I could not do for him he now has fewer points than me.  How are you getting your points to be awarded in tandem?

2 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

For me, it just happens.  Did not have to do anything.

I hope so, as I can’t do the recent Social Media one for my husband. 
However, as I only did mine from information posted on this thread, mine might not show up either, as I was never sent the email for it.

We in the UK are playing catch-up, we weren’t sent the invitation for the Apex webinar until late in the evening of 14.01.21, which is more than a month later than passengers from ‘across the pond.’

5 hours ago, Carnevale said:

My DH only gets points when I do the PUP for each of us separately.  Since there was one that I could not do for him he now has fewer points than me.  How are you getting your points to be awarded in tandem?

Hi it just happens,,,I think the wording in the T&C’s says something about if you have a linked account points are matched.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Call the Captains Club, 1-800-760-0654 to see if they can make the correction. I've  never had to call the CC as our tier level points have always been the same and still are. I always do the PUP offer under my wife's CC number and we both get the points. We both joined the CC (paid membership) back in 1994. 

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi it just happens,,,I think the wording in the T&C’s says something about if you have a linked account points are matched.

I still haven't figured that part out yet as our CC point counts are now different as only one of us got the "Christmas" gift PUPs email worth 2 CC points. How can my DW and I "link" our accounts as we have different email addresses? Is there some setting in our online account we need to set? We're in the US if that makes a difference as I don't see any reference to "linked" accounts in the T&C we get. Just curious.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I still haven't figured that part out yet as our CC point counts are now different as only one of us got the "Christmas" gift PUPs email worth 2 CC points. How can my DW and I "link" our accounts as we have different email addresses? Is there some setting in our online account we need to set? We're in the US if that makes a difference as I don't see any reference to "linked" accounts in the T&C we get. Just curious.

Hi Ken

Maybe that’s the answer,,we both use the same e mail address.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Have you called the Captains Club and asked them? 1-800-760-0654

Edited by davekathy