The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Quick note.  In the hospital for literally a “pain in the butt”.  They found a puss abscess in the muscle that made standing so painful It actually caused me to fall.  They’re drained it and put me on antibiotics. Not sure but I hope to go home tomorrow.

Roy

Hi, Roy,

I hope that the pain is gone and that you are resting comfortably.  Get well soon.

Rhonda

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Quick note.  In the hospital for literally a “pain in the butt”.  They found a puss abscess in the muscle that made standing so painful It actually caused me to fall.  They’re drained it and put me on antibiotics. Not sure but I hope to go home tomorrow.

Roy

Roy:

I hope the antibiotics kick in and you are released from the hospital today.  

Get well soon, Roy.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Prayers for a quick end to the pain and speedy hospital release, Roy. 🙏

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, nancygp said:

i believe they were on deck 7 aft, 2 on each side of the ship and when I cruised on my only harmony cruise in 2005 they were considered A category…I could very well be wrong

Nancy

15 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Nailed it, Nancy!  7124, 7126, 7127 and 7129.  They had different category codes over the years, but I think you are right that they were “A’s” at one point. Originally they were B’s when Harmony was launched.

They were originally fitted out to match the penthouses, and had that same “special” green or color-stained woodwork that some of Harmony’s penthouses had, along with pretty much the bath units of what today would be a PH (except on Harmony they had bidets).  They also had the sitting area with 3rd berth like the penthouses.

They were one of Harmony’s fun quirks.  Remembering the green cabinetry gave me a shiver, though.

Vince

Congratulations, Nancy!

You were obviously spending your time wisely aboard your first Harmony cruise, educating yourself on more important things. 

I spent our first 12 days on Harmony trying to crack the combination to the wine vault in the Crystal Dining Room... 

• Haha 4

Today's Sunrise is from the aftermath of a 2012 Crystal Symphony Panama Canal cruise, Charleston (Not New York due to Superstorm Sandy) to Los Angeles.  I disembarked November 18 and November 19 was my first morning on Amtrak's Sunset Limited to Chicago and back home. 

dawn19.jpg

Roy

• Like 6

On 11/16/2021 at 6:53 PM, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, get well soon!

• Thanks 1

This holiday season, there are many things I'm thankful for.  But I will say that one of them is the fact that we're not traveling anywhere. I'm so looking forward to being a homebody these next four weeks or so and watching  TV reports about conditions at the local airports and traffic on the Bay Bridge.  

May your holidays be safe and your travel unkinked.

• Like 7

In my case, we have rented a house and will have both sets of families including five grandchildren together.  

It is the first time we will all be together since we took the family to Disney World to ring in the end of 2019 and to welcome 2020. While all five didn't see the park four did and the fifth would be born six weeks later so in a sense she was sort of there.  😃  From Disney World Anne Marie and I traveled to Miami and a couple of days later picked up Serenity and sailed from Miami to Sydney, Australia where we saw our family who at the time was living in Sydney. We took a round about way to get home to Texas flying from Sydney to Dubai to JFK where we spent a few days on Long Island where I grew up and one day visited my town and saw my childhood home from the outside. We actually stayed at a hotel which was added to the property where we had married.  Well, we did revise our plans due to COVID-19 cutting back not once but twice our return to Texas from New York and the last day we were there we stayed in the hotel the entire home.

Once home we were shocked to see almost nothing at the two supermarkets we went to and since we were away for a few months we had nothing in our refrigerator, only our freezer.

We are a little nervous about having everyone together due to Anne Marie's situation.

Wishing all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving a very safe, healthy and Happy Thanksgiving.  I love Turkey and always have even as a child so I not only love Thanksgiving because of "tradition" I love it because in our family Turkey is the main course.  😃

Keith

• Like 6