Carnival Corporation to Sell 13 Cruise Ships

Copper10-8

On 7/11/2020 at 10:23 AM, Copper10-8 said:

I would put money on that one 😉 Same thing is happening in the Noordzee off Katwijk in the Netherlands with Nieuw Statendam, Zaandam, Seabourn Ovation and Emerald Princess

I doubt they would sell the Nieuw Statendam. She is less than two years old.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Himself said:

21 one ships going by-by!  I wonder if Carnival is going under.

They just raised another 1.2 billion so apparently they think the 6 billion they raised earlier this year (that was supposed to last them until next year) is not going to be enough

6 minutes ago, npcl said:

They just raised another 1.2 billion so apparently they think the 6 billion they raised earlier this year (that was supposed to last them until next year) is not going to be enough

The whole situation saddens me very much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Himself said:

I agree with you.  The emphasis in the Conference Calls to financial analysts seems to be on retaining and operating ships that provide the best efficiency for the dollar spent.  If Nieuw Statendam (as well as Koningsdam and the expected Ryndam) doesn't fit within those expectations, what would?

21 one ships going by-by!  I wonder if Carnival is going under.

Carnival Corporation & plc consists of nine cruise brands totaling 104 ships with more on the way which makes them the world's largest. What's being let go/transferred/scrapped (only one so far, possibly one more going) are ships built in the nineties. These are by no means "a time at the beach" for the cruise industry but the big boys will survive albeit leaner as they are today

• Like 7

Nieuw S will not be sold. My response described the current anchorage in the Noordzee (North Sea) outside Katwijk, the Netherlands where you'll find Nieuw Statendam, Emerald Princess, Zaandam and Seabourn Ovation with the latter two currently steaming northbound along the Dutch coast to give their engines and other systems some much needed use

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

These are by no means "a time at the beach" for the cruise industry but the big boys will survive albeit leaner as they are today

With some of my own investments involved, I surely hope your crystal ball is more clear than mine.  

I survived and profited by "keeping the faith" in 2008-2009.   2020 has been a tough year.  Get into a lifeboat as J. Bruce Ismay did on the Titanic?  Or, "ride it out" as Mr. and Mrs. Strauss did in 1912?

3 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

With some of my own investments involved, I surely hope your crystal ball is more clear than mine.  

I survived and profited by "keeping the faith" in 2008-2009.   2020 has been a tough year.  Get into a lifeboat as J. Bruce Ismay did on the Titanic?  Or, "ride it out" as Mr. and Mrs. Strauss did in 1912?

I can not tell you what to do Sir! However, as a Carnival stockholder myself, I will

ZWIFT – Ride it out with Castelli | Castelli | InsiderNews

Pardon the orange! 😎

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

can not tell you what to do Sir! However, as a Carnival stockholder myself, I will

I just can't seem to remember where my Muster Drill station is.  Is it in the World Stage?  Maybe it's on Lower Promenade Deck at Boat Station 6?  (Should have paid more attention to the safety video on the TV when I got to my stateroom and read the placard on the back of the hallway door.)  😀

I am "keeping the faith".  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I just can't seem to remember where my Muster Drill station is.  Is it in the World Stage?  Maybe it's on Lower Promenade Deck at Boat Station 6?  (Should have paid more attention to the safety video on the TV when I got to my stateroom and read the placard on the back of the hallway door.)  😀

I am "keeping the faith".  

You just got to pick the right one..............🤓

Stephen Colbert's Livestream of the RNC's Condiment Station Is Two ...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

You just got to pick the right one..............🤓

Stephen Colbert's Livestream of the RNC's Condiment Station Is Two ...

👍👍  

😀    The choice would depend if it was a Dive-in Cannonball or one of their Hot Dogs.  For a Cannonball, nothing more is required!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Nieuw S will not be sold. My response described the current anchorage in the Noordzee (North Sea) outside Katwijk, the Netherlands where you'll find Nieuw Statendam, Emerald Princess, Zaandam and Seabourn Ovation with the latter two currently steaming northbound along the Dutch coast to give their engines and other systems some much needed use

Thank you for the clarification!

• Like 1

Carnival Corporation & plc consists of nine cruise brands totaling 104 ships with more on the way which makes them the world's largest. What's being let go/transferred/scrapped (only one so far, possibly one more going) are ships built in the nineties. These are by no means "a time at the beach" for the cruise industry but the big boys will survive albeit leaner as they are today

riend, I hope you are correct.  This was supposed to be a 30 day pause and look what happened.  Every day I get something from CELEBRITY and I have never been on one of their ships.

• Like 1

riend, I hope you are correct.  This was supposed to be a 30 day pause and look what happened.  Every day I get something from CELEBRITY and I have never been on one of their ships.
You are certainly missing out on the best affordable Cruise line
  • Like 1

There's your chance to try the Edge with the magic carpet ride, Father! 😉 

3003782.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Cooper10-8,

Any insight you could share as to why CCL did not transfer the Costa Atlantica and Costa Mediterranea to HAL?  I know they sold them to Carnival-China JV but those two ships are of the same design layout as the Oosterdam, Zuiderdam and Westerdam and would fit nicely into the HAL fleet as a replacement for Maasdam and Veendam.

Thanks

I believe that the cruise lines are doing the right thing to survive.  Get rid of ships that are not profitable or may require large capital investment over the next few years.  Why pay to lay up these ships when cash flow is a huge issue?    No doubt pre covid many of them were slated for disposal .  Covid and cash flow challenges moved the timeframes forward.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sagavista said:

Hi Cooper10-8,

Any insight you could share as to why CCL did not transfer the Costa Atlantica and Costa Mediterranea to HAL?  I know they sold them to Carnival-China JV but those two ships are of the same design layout as the Oosterdam, Zuiderdam and Westerdam and would fit nicely into the HAL fleet as a replacement for Maasdam and Veendam.

Thanks

Hi Sagavista

According to its president/CEO, Carnival Corp is trying to get leaner and stronger for when they get out of this seemingly endless tunnel so, besides the two Princess ships going to P&O Australia, which has a market all their own, you're not going to see a lot of internal transfers taking place

Be safe!  

New computer-generated artist's rendering of Blue Seas Cruises new ship(s). Looks like some major dry-dock work will be required to make Maasdam/Veendam look like this. They're gunning for a 2021 startup date

109360913_10223192304745333_2997698277654653068_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=HS0flRgR_FYAX-_o1kT&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=e31113693d9d109c46de7a75ae620079&oe=5F3630D7

3021067.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Sagavista

According to its president/CEO, Carnival Corp is trying to get leaner and stronger for when they get out of this seemingly endless tunnel so, besides the two Princess ships going to P&O Australia, which has a market all their own, you're not going to see a lot of internal transfers taking place

Be safe!  

Be interesting to see how cruising does in Australia.  I think the industry created some bad PR for itself in Australia during the last few months.