Would you buy from Little Switzerland?

Received email from them regarding a sale and I see something that I like from a well known designer, I have a few of his pieces so I know the quality of his work. Anyone ever call and order anything? I’ve tried on the piece several months ago at the mall so I know exact sizing. 

I agree with the above posters.

Key West location and St Thomas (both locations).....are great. I have never called and ordered. But I don't think you can go wrong if you are buying a designer especially like DY or JH......always easier to get it authenticated.

Good luck and enjoy your purchase!

Edited by Arzeena

Bought charms for my daughters' Alex and Ani bracelets from their store at the St. Maarten port (back when they were into Alex and Ani).  No concerns at all, other than the fact that the bracelets are now in the bottom of a drawer someplace.

20 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

They have a location in Key West so I would definitely buy from them if the price is right.  Service and selection iare great - price not so much.  If the sale price is  below what you can get elsewhere I wouldn’t hesitate. 

Can add to the ethics of Little Switzerland at Key West.

Some years ago purchased a HappyD watch as an Anniversary gift for my DW, they stated KW were the cheapest in the Caribbbean, so we made the purchase.

Then when visiting Grand Cayman on the same cruise, the local Little Switzerland had the identical watch at a lower price.  We mentioned the Key West statement and the GC store immediately telephoned the KW store, and three days later the price differential was credited back to my Credit Card.

• Like 1

All these shops, Little Switzerland, Diamonds International are great in making people feel to get great deals, but at the end you can probably get the items you are looking for in the US and for sure in Europe at the same price or likely even cheaper.

I will use my Little Switzerland experience from 1984. I wanted to buy myself a Rolex watch for my 40th birthday. At that time,  the Oyster Perpetual Datejust, 18 karat gold and stainless steel, was selling for $2750.00 + tax in the U.S. I had been to St. Thomas on prior occasions and had always enjoyed browsing through LS. Love the store. I called the store in St. Thomas and asked the price of the Rolex watch. I was quoted $1675.00 and, of course, no tax. I gave them my name and what I wanted. One week later I was on an airplane, spent three nights in a nice hotel and bought my birthday present to myself. Overall expenditure for flight, hotel and Rolex, still saved $300.00 by not buying in the States. Had my watch appraised two years ago at $9000.00. Nice return on investment.

The Little Switzerland stores are still nice and offer some good buys. Unfortunately, for many years now the deals have not been like back in the 1980's. The Rolex that I bought now sells for around $8000.00 + tax in the U.S. You will pay about the same in LS but no tax. Quite a substantial savings in itself, but only if you don't have to make a special trip to get there. 

I would still feel very comfortable shopping at Little Switzerland.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1