CL/SL future when cruising returns.

4 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

This time it will be my hand on his knee! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh you ARE a bad boy!!  😮  😉 I read this to Bucky just now and we both laughed hysterically...thanks Bill.  Gosh we miss you guys!  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Behind the high school after a football game...passing around a bottles of Strawberry Hill and Green Apple.  Bad boy kids we were.  😉  

Riunite on ice, that's nice.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yes, we did.  Since we (as D+) were kicked out of the CL on that ship (quite recently before we boarded)...they expanded using the "Shall we Dance" lounge on deck six all along the back windows as overflow to tiny little DL in the corner.  Lots of seating, big table of munchies, great bar service.    

The CL then was so empty and lifeless...(limited suites on the little Vision class ship) and with only 20 or so Pinnies...that the Pinnies did not want to be in the CL either. They came down to hang with the rest of us in the DL.  We split our time from our own balcony for wine, and some time in the DL.  Did not miss the CL at all.  

Pat thanks for the info. Looking forward to our March 2021 B2B Rhapsody cruise. 🤞🍷🍻

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Riunite on ice, that's nice.

Oh yeah!!  I forgot about that one!   

How about this one:  We will sell no wine before it's time!  Paul Masson.  😉 

Image for post

Edited by island lady

5 hours ago, island lady said:

OMG!!  That is sooo funny!  We are the couple second from the left.  Bucky standing behind me wearing white shirt and tie.  (He did not bring sport coat or tux on that short cruise).  BTW... Bucky is his nickname.  Formal name is Allen.  

Please say "hi" to Bucky from Lynn and myself.  That dinner was the highlight of the cruise for me... great food... great conversation and John Denton - a winning combination.  Other than the "Meal with an Officer," which is a wonderful perk, I wonder if anyone was still doing the so-called "Captain's Table" on cruises.

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh you ARE a bad boy!!  😮  😉 I read this to Bucky just now and we both laughed hysterically...thanks Bill.  Gosh we miss you guys!  

I'm not a very patient guy, but I'm working on that part of me. This is the time to be patient, we'll be back to sea again soon enough. (I hope).....it will then be a party!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Pat thanks for the info. Looking forward to our March 2021 B2B Rhapsody cruise. 🤞🍷🍻

I sure hope you get to make it!  Love the little Rhapsody!  Last ship we were on before the "crap" hit the fan.  We did B2B out of Tampa in February.  

I have Serenade booked for March 2021...really hoping to make that one also. But I am worried.  😞 

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Please say "hi" to Bucky from Lynn and myself.  That dinner was the highlight of the cruise for me... great food... great conversation and John Denton - a winning combination.  Other than the "Meal with an Officer," which is a wonderful perk, I wonder if anyone was still doing the so-called "Captain's Table" on cruises.

Thanks I sure will!  Did you find the picture?  I found you!  You were seated right next to us for the picture!!  🙂 

I haven't seen the old Captain's Table for years now...lately always seems to be HD and perhaps one or two fellow officers.  

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You really think “if” ships sail at less than half capacity, they will have trouble selling those cabins?

At the beginning, sure.  People are afraid and cruise ships have proven to be great incubators of the virus.  People see the daily death toll, now above 143,000 in the U.S..  It's going to take months to restore the confidence of the sailing public.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh yeah!!  I forgot about that one!   

How about this one:  We will sell no wine before it's time!  Paul Masson.  😉 

Image for post

Orson Welles at the bottom of his barrel.

But didn't that change to sell no wine until you pay for it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, island lady said:

I got their approval, getting them to relax, when I told them I used to drink Boones Farm wine when I was their age, then graduated to "jug wine" from Gallo, before I learned to appreciate a truly good wine.  I was now a member of their club.  😉 

Don't forget Thuderbird!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Spent 12 years in the wine business as distributor.  When I would teach wine classes to the waiters for my restaurant customers, the shy and timid young waiters were intimidated by me at first.  I got their approval, getting them to relax, when I told them I used to drink Boones Farm wine when I was their age, then graduated to "jug wine" from Gallo, before I learned to appreciate a truly good wine.  I was now a member of their club.  😉 

Bottom line is the golden rule of wine  "The best wine...is the wine you like the best".  Just because a wine drinker has a higher palate level than others...does not make it the only wine everyone has to drink.  And of course I had changed my taste for Boones Farm over the years as I grew older.  😉 

Not everyone is a wine snob.  And not everyone drinks the hard liquor.   

Well said and agree with you Pat and my "DS" friend. 😉. The 60's...Boones Farm, Cold Duck, Annie Green Springs, Strawberry Hill and the list goes on and home grown pot...

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

Don't forget Thuderbird!

I forgot about that one.........when my Mom had a beverage (maybe five times in 87 years) it was Manischewitz Concord Grape, warm. Yummy

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Human nature to always want more.

Problems occur when a benefit is offered and when people take the bait and reach the target like CL access when D+ is achieved and it is taken away.

Even though we don't often use the CL the principle remains the same that you shouldn't offer something then take it away because to many people have achieved what you wanted.

Well said.  I remember walking onboard Anthem right after they closed the CL to D+  That lounge (which was never full) extended the entire width of ship with amazing views.  It hurt to learn we were denied access when we had enjoyed it on many cruises (usually with Ricardo Mock as concierge).

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Some needs a refresh. Good to read this once in a while. 

21. General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice. 

You're just a bundle of joy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6