CL/SL future when cruising returns.

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

And again...not everyone is you.   There are different butts for different seats.  Some man's crap is another man's treasure. There is no wrong or right in what a person likes...only that they enjoy what they do.  That is all that is important. 

I almost gag when I smell a White Zinfandel...but damn...I sold a lot of that stuff to restaurants.  What is wrong with enjoying what you like?  My mother drank WZ over ice and would put sweet and low into it.  Double gag...but that is what she liked...what is wrong with that??  Try asking Laura (of John and Laura) what wine she likes the best?  😉 

45 years ago while dating, we went to the same restaurant most Friday nights.  House salad with grilled chicken Breast, garlic bread and a bottle of lancer’s Rose.  Decided to “recreate” it for Valentine’s Day last year.  Found the Lancer’s.  Could not believe we use to drink it.  Could not finish a glass. Had to open a real bottle of wine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

45 years ago while dating, we went to the same restaurant most Friday nights.  House salad with grilled chicken Breast, garlic bread and a bottle of lancer’s Rose.  Decided to “recreate” it for Valentine’s Day last year.  Found the Lancer’s.  Could not believe we use to drink it.  Could not finish a glass. Had to open a real bottle of wine.

I think when we were younger, we drank for the buzz. Cheap was better. Some still drinking for the buzz. Maybe we all drink for the buzz. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was so sorry when I read that some weeks ago...hope you continue on the mend.  

Thanks Pat.

I have lost 2 stone in weight.

My total cholesterol is now 2.5 

Totally changed my diet.

It would be great to share a drink with you guys.

• Like 2

Back to subject - IMO - future of SL / CL

diamond - 3 drinks on card

Diamond Plus and Pin - diamond lounge

Suites - SL

Airlines make you qualify for your level each year, probably unreasonable for cruise line programs, but how about points only last 10 years.  So every year, the 10 year old points roll off. Still not hard to reach D+, 18 points a year.  But does probably get rid of inherited points and levels and keeps people loyal as if they take a year or 2 off ,they may lose the level or go back to diamond.    Only 70 nights per year to reach PIN.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks I sure will!  Did you find the picture?  I found you!  You were seated right next to us for the picture!!  🙂 

I haven't seen the old Captain's Table for years now...lately always seems to be HD and perhaps one or two fellow officers.  

Lynn has been looking through the pictures.  I'm sure we will find it soon.  We did find a couple of other pictures, though.  One of them was a hoot.  There were NO Pinnacles on that cruise and we discovered that we were actually #3 for most points (It must have been high 300's or low 400's) and we have a picture with John Denton giving us a bottle of champagne.  The champagne, by the way was fairly expensive, not Andre.

10 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Back to subject - IMO - future of SL / CL

diamond - 3 drinks on card

Diamond Plus and Pin - diamond lounge

Suites - SL

Airlines make you qualify for your level each year, probably unreasonable for cruise line programs, but how about points only last 10 years.  So every year, the 10 year old points roll off. Still not hard to reach D+, 18 points a year.  But does probably get rid of inherited points and levels and keeps people loyal as if they take a year or 2 off ,they may lose the level or go back to diamond.    Only 70 nights per year to reach PIN.   

P&O top levels are only kept if you cruise a certain number of nights in 3 years.

Their loyalty benefits are poor anyway.

Thanks for your input.

I'm pleased so many people are posting and as OP I am delighted everyone is having a good time posting.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

Sister-in-law used to go on and on about this amazing fancy Italian restaurant she would go to for special occasions during college. One day my wife and I happened to be in that college town and, of course, had to check it out. It was your basic pizza and spaghetti joint. Tastes sure do change.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

Lynn has been looking through the pictures.  I'm sure we will find it soon.  We did find a couple of other pictures, though.  One of them was a hoot.  There were NO Pinnacles on that cruise and we discovered that we were actually #3 for most points (It must have been high 300's or low 400's) and we have a picture with John Denton giving us a bottle of champagne.  The champagne, by the way was fairly expensive, not Andre.

I doubt you'll ever see that kind of recognition again. Tens of thousands must be over 500 points by now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

I doubt you'll ever see that kind of recognition again. Tens of thousands must be over 500 points by now

Wondering how many were anticipating to reach Pinnacle this year? 😷

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Jethro Tull was amazing and a great flutist too. IMHO

I have almost all of the Jethro Tull catalog.  Not to much of Ian Anderson on his own.  I bought when I was in high school the Living in the Past double LP....  it is missing the song living in the past.  I think it might be worth a few bucks..

Not sure about a great flutist flautist(for our English and their kin friends), but he had a distinctive and one handed way of playing, and I like a great deal of his stuff, and hate a good portion as well.  That said, if I were going to have to listen to one rock band and forsake all others for eternity, that band would be on my short list.

jc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have almost all of the Jethro Tull catalog. That said, if I were going to have to listen to one rock band and forsake all others for eternity, that band would be on my short list.

jc

Big fan of Menudo

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What good is a suggestion on CC?  I still think calling this a CL/SL thread is misleading. They are two different lounges and I’m pretty sure Royal was eliminating them (CL) prior to COVID19. 

I personally think it would be easier to just eliminate D+ level altogether. That would eliminate most of the complaining, how many drinks on SeaPass, more wine in rooms, better choice of wine/alcohol, which lounge to use and so on. 😇

M8

Here I thought Troy you just hated pins because they are in your suite lounge and then here you are trashing us poor D+ people.  We can’t get in the suite lounge without booking a full suite, and the CLs on my last two cruises that had one were converted to Pins and Suites only... why are you hating on us?

Not that I really care.

jc

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

And again...not everyone is you.   There are different butts for different seats.  Some man's crap is another man's treasure. There is no wrong or right in what a person likes...only that they enjoy what they do.  That is all that is important. 

I almost gag when I smell a White Zinfandel...but damn...I sold a lot of that stuff to restaurants.  What is wrong with enjoying what you like?  My mother drank WZ over ice and would put sweet and low into it.  Double gag...but that is what she liked...what is wrong with that??  Try asking Laura (of John and Laura) what wine she likes the best?  😉 

Where is John this is his sort of thread?  I remember a trip to Napa 24 years ago, damn, I am getting old.  We had driven up the valley had tasted at Grigch, Chateau Montelana (it is late don’t complain about my spelling;-) ) Mondavi, Neibaum Coppola, the one at the north end with the funky art (thumb in the air) when we stopped at Beringer before heading back to our hotel.  I think my taster was toasted at this point and when we finished the tasting the Pink Koolaid was served.  After all of the serious wines, the sweet stuff was really the best tasting stuff I had tasted for the last couple of hours.  All wines have their place, and time.  White Zin is really a dessert wine, and is excellent with dessert.  That said, I would rather have a late harvest Riesling or other dessert wine but White Zin works in that theatre.  

JC

7 hours ago, yogimax said:

At the beginning, sure.  People are afraid and cruise ships have proven to be great incubators of the virus.  People see the daily death toll, now above 143,000 in the U.S..  It's going to take months to restore the confidence of the sailing public.

People who died from a motorcycle accident have gone under the Covid19 death toll.  Leave it to the government to screw up a death count.  

JC

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

People who died from a motorcycle accident have gone under the Covid19 death toll.  Leave it to the government to screw up a death count.  

JC

Yes, correct.  The government is indeed manipulating the death count.  But it's the opposite of what you think.  Those who die at home from COVID-19 are often not counted.  Florida only counts residents of the state.  The 143,000+ doesn't come near the true number.  I am not afraid for your soul, but for your very life!

11 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

JC

And you know that how, or is it just a way to minimize the severity of the problem? With 146,419 deaths in the U.S., I’m sure there are some being counted that shouldn’t be and some that were missed and should have been. Unless people swallow their pride and start wearing their mask, social distance, and wash their hands, it’s going to get a lot higher. If they resume cruising too early or have the virus show up on cruise ships, cruising will go away.

If it happens, I’m sure you’ll deflect the blame to the government.

51 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have almost all of the Jethro Tull catalog.  Not to much of Ian Anderson on his own.  I bought when I was in high school the Living in the Past double LP....  it is missing the song living in the past.  I think it might be worth a few bucks..

Not sure about a great flutist flautist(for our English and their kin friends), but he had a distinctive and one handed way of playing, and I like a great deal of his stuff, and hate a good portion as well.  That said, if I were going to have to listen to one rock band and forsake all others for eternity, that band would be on my short list.

jc

We Say Thank You

• Like 1