CL/SL future when cruising returns.

41 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Are there more D+ than Diamonds? I seldom go to the C&A meetings onboard but the ones I attended, there were more Diamonds onboard than D+. It’s been few years since we attended one. Maybe it has changed. ???

M8

Don’t go to C&A meetings either. But with 175-700 points there would seem to be more. Maybe as suggested D+ should be around 350 & not 175. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

One of the reasons I suggested eliminating the D+ level while keeping the points tier. From Diamond to Pinnacle. 

I understand where you are coming from and it might stop a degree of bragging but you will still get the inclined people to say they have 500,600 points etc.

I think if someone's persona is to Bragg they will Bragg anyway and the same applies to complainers.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

It would make sense to amend it, maybe D+ only as of 250 or 300 points.

Yes that would make sense.

Make Pinnacle 500 points and anyone over 500 points can be 

Pinnacle Elite or any name RCL deems appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I understand where you are coming from and it might stop a degree of bragging but you will still get the inclined people to say they have 500,600 points etc.

I think if someone's persona is to Bragg they will Bragg anyway.

So once the CL’s are eliminated, what does it matter?  You still get the extra perks at certain points levels. Invitations to dinners etc are based on points. 

I have suggested limiting access to SL for loyalty based on points. That could give high points Diamonds (D+) an opportunity for access. 

M8

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sounds like you’re back to D++ or Mini P. Plenty make the 700 level as it is now. The incentive goes away for chasing the dream. How many on the road to P spend more to get there. Solo cabins, Suites? 

All the benefits of C&A have been published for some time. You knew the T&C’s going in. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So once the CL’s are eliminated, what does it matter?  You still get the extra perks at certain points levels. Invitations to dinners etc are based on points. 

I have suggested limiting access to SL for loyalty based on points. That could give high points Diamonds (D+) an opportunity for access. 

M8

Personally the CLs do not appeal to us as often the DLs are bigger,better with good outside views.

I have made promises to customers to get their business for over 40 years with various companies and sometimes regretted it but I always honoured my promises even when I could have claimed T&C's.

This is the principle with D+ offered CLs as a carrot to stay loyal then it is taken away when you have done what was required which I find unreasonable.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sounds like you’re back to D++ or Mini P. Plenty make the 700 level as it is now. The incentive goes away for chasing the dream. How many on the road to P spend more to get there. Solo cabins, Suites? 

All the benefits of C&A have been published for some time. You knew the T&C’s going in. 

M8

Unless you are a lawyer or like to read all the small print how many do know all the T&C's?

Cruising might well be finished as we know it anyway and who knows if RCL can survive if the CDC and covid19 is preventing cruising indefinitely.

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I think so too and why I started this thread to get a groundswell of opinion of what others thought 

Social Distancing is going to be a big problem until an effective vaccine is found sadly.

Good point!  I'm beginning to wonder if cruising will actually begin before there is an effective vaccine.  The cruise lines will be worrying about another outbreak, as well as liability, and cruisers will be hesitant to risk their well being (lives) for a few days at sea.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Are there more D+ than Diamonds? I seldom go to the C&A meetings onboard but the ones I attended, there were more Diamonds onboard than D+. It’s been few years since we attended one. Maybe it has changed. ???

M8

I'm guessing many more D.  When you go to the so-called top tier event and they announce the numbers for each category, Diamonds always exceed D+, and usually by a large margin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Yes!

How's this:

Diamond - 100 points

Diamond Plus - 300 points

Pinnacle - 500 points

Captain's Club (new level) - 1000 points

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Personally the CLs do not appeal to us as often the DLs are bigger,better with good outside views.

I have made promises to customers to get their business for over 40 years with various companies and sometimes regretted it but I always honoured my promises even when I could have claimed T&C's.

This is the principle with D+ offered CLs as a carrot to stay loyal then it is taken away when you have done what was required which I find unreasonable.

Well said... agree 100%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yes!

How's this:

Diamond - 100 points

Pinnacle - 500 points

Change the Diamond to 150 points and leave Pinnacle at the current 700 points. 

Edited by davekathy

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Change the Diamond to 150 points and leave Pinnacle at the current 700 points. 

Or, now. Is a good time to combine X and Royal programs.  Pick the best (for royal) of each.  Raise all the points as they will combine cruises, eliminate the DL and go to the 2 hour HH like X.  SL for Captains club and suites only

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yes!

How's this:

Diamond - 100 points

Pinnacle - 500 points

Sounds good.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Or, now. Is a good time to combine X and Royal programs.  Pick the best (for royal) of each.  Raise all the points as they will combine cruises, eliminate the DL and go to the 2 hour HH like X.  SL for Captains club and suites only

Personally, I don't believe the C&A (or X CC) tier levels are going to change as far as points and perks/benefits. Kicking the D+ out of the CLs and just having the DL and SL and converting CLs to inside cabins was happening pre CV-19 so nothing new there. If and when cruising resumes we'll adjust according. All this is way above my pay grade. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Unless you are a lawyer or like to read all the small print how many do know all the T&C's?

I guess they should have made this number 1 instead of the last one. A reminder.....

21. General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Clarification, please. 

Why cut back from RCI 3 hour HH to X 2 hour HH? 

We would be able to use the HH drink time anywhere on the ship?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Yes!

How's this:

Diamond - 100 points

Pinnacle - 500 points

Excellent! Will this start when CRUISING starts? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I guess they should have made this number 1 instead of the last one. A reminder.....

21. General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice. 

As you are a Diamond member this would affect you too.

There are so many cruiselines who would relish RCL doing away with their USP the C&A society and plunder a lot of disillusioned RCL passengers.

In the US like in the UK lots of household name companies have gone bust in recent years and now with Covid19 and CDC no cruising the C&A society could be the difference between success or failure of RCL and lots of shareholders like yourself will also feel the pain if Royal sinks.

10 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Clarification, please. 

Why cut back from RCI 3 hour HH to X 2 hour HH? 

We would be able to use the HH drink time anywhere on the ship?

We should be asking for more like companies do with their suppliers not less.