CL/SL future when cruising returns.

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The old CL on Freedom was very nice if staying in a Suite as it was just around the corner. It was easy for me to jump out and get the boss her coffee in the morning. 

M8

I actually enjoyed that lounge, very cozy. Rahul always took care of Laura when he was assigned there.

It was the first CL we ever visited.  We had the B&J sweet when still Diamond

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The old CL on Freedom was very nice if staying in a Suite as it was just around the corner. It was easy for me to jump out and get the boss her coffee in the morning. 

M8

Me too, used it for coffee in the morning and after dinner drinks, but spent HH in Diamond Event and then the new DL later when they added it upstairs.  

Loved the big comfy leather chairs and sofas in the old CL.  The convenient location, was like deck 11 Oasis with the former CL then DL just around the corner.  Big reason we stayed on that deck on Oasis.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I actually enjoyed that lounge, very cozy. Rahul always took care of Laura when he was assigned there.

Rahul was the very best concierge!! 🤗

Is he still on Freedom?  I had heard he left RCI.  

50 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My recommendation is once all the CL’s become SL’s, delete the D+ level altogether. Keep the points and perks that go with it. You may keep your D+ pin. From Diamond to Pinnacle. I think this would work. 

Hey, it's a suggestion but RCCL will never get rid of D+.  They may rename it, but the uproar caused would destroy their marketing for years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Hey, it's a suggestion but RCCL will never get rid of D+.  They may rename it, but the uproar caused would destroy their marketing for years.

Rename it Diamond 💎 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I believe they could do it easily. What’s it matter if you still get your points perks?  That way, they eliminate the complaining. It would be your secret your points. 

M8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I believe they could do it easily. What’s it matter if you still get your points perks?  That way, they eliminate the complaining. It would be your secret your points. 

M8

Don’t like quoting myself (I wonder if it helps or hurts reputation score). I was thinking, more like pondering, what if Royal prohibited you from sharing your points information with others and you were reported by a guest for sharing?  What would be a valid penalty?  Loss of 50 points? 100? Back to 80?  Don’t you think this would eliminate a lot of chest puffing in the DL?  Just a thought. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It was the first CL we ever visited.  We had the B&J sweet when still Diamond

YEARS ago, When freedom was in Port Canaveral,  Raul told us one evening ,” YOUR lounge is the diamond lounge and not the concierge lounge.” We were diamond plus at the time.   Maybe he was privy to some information.   Then on the following cruise, he welcomed us into the concierge lounge with open arms. (Maybe he found out how much we tipped the diamond concierge) 😄

m

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

See my comment above. My recommendation is once all the CL’s become SL’s, delete the D+ level altogether. Keep the points and perks that go with it. You may keep your D+ pin. From Diamond to Pinnacle. I think this would work. 

M8

What, exactly, is your problem with D+ people?🤔🙄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Don’t like quoting myself (I wonder if it helps or hurts reputation score). I was thinking, more like pondering, what if Royal prohibited you from sharing your points information with others and you were reported by a guest for sharing?  What would be a valid penalty?  Loss of 50 points? 100? Back to 80?  Don’t you think this would eliminate a lot of chest puffing in the DL?  Just a thought. 

M8

I like the idea!  It could be like a game of Chutes and Ladders... but the biggest penalties would go to those who begin a conversation with "I have 14 cruises lined up, how about you?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

Hey, I think you have hit on a solution - secrecy!

They could give us secret access to the SL and CK.  We wouldn't tell!

I think my suggestion is a whole lot more likely to happen than this one. Honestly, I think all the lounges are going to be an issue when sailing begins again. 

M8

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

I like the idea!  It could be like a game of Chutes and Ladders... but the biggest penalties would go to those who begin a conversation with "I have 14 cruises lined up, how about you?"

Never thought of that. You must have heard it before?  Why would someone feel so motivated to share that info with others?

M8

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think my suggestion is a whole lot more likely to happen than this one. Honestly, I think all the lounges are going to be an issue when sailing begins again. 

M8

Yes, of course.  They are already a problem...

Suite folks complain about the Pinnacles...

D+ complain about the loss of the CL and too many Ds...

The only ones who are not complaining, as I see it, are the Pinnacles and Diamonds

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yes, of course.  They are already a problem...

Suite folks complain about the Pinnacles...

D+ complain about the loss of the CL and too many Ds...

The only ones who are not complaining, as I see it, are the Pinnacles and Diamonds

We complain about everything 😇

• Haha 1