CL/SL future when cruising returns.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

As you are a Diamond member this would affect you too.

There are so many cruiselines who would relish RCL doing away with their USP the C&A society and plunder a lot of disillusioned RCL passengers.

In the US like in the UK lots of household name companies have gone bust in recent years and now with Covid19 and CDC no cruising the C&A society could be the difference between success or failure of RCL and lots of shareholders like yourself will also feel the pain if Royal sinks.

Being Diamond really has Zip to do with our cruise experience. Same when we hit D+ after next two cruises. If there are certain things we enjoy, like the SL or SL/CK, we book a suite. We like better quality spirits, so we get the DP. We expect to get what we pay for. If we don’t, we find something else for our vacation. 

All this complaining or suggesting access to the SL or SL/CK has an easy remedy, if it’s important to your cruise experience. Become Pinnacle or book a Suite. 😇  Simple as that. 

M8

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Being Diamond really has Zip to do with our cruise experience. Same when we hit D+ after next two cruises. If there are certain things we enjoy, like the SL or SL/CK, we book a suite. We like better quality spirits, so we get the DP. We expect to get what we pay for. If we don’t, we find something else for our vacation. 

All this complaining or suggesting access to the SL or SL/CK has an easy remedy, if it’s important to your cruise experience. Become Pinnacle or book a Suite. 😇  Simple as that. 

M8

The SL/CK is not important to me Rory and I certainly do not complain but I acknowledge what you are saying and in your shoes I would think and do the same.

I believe if you promise something you should keep your word and deliver or give something else in place of like for example CL access for D+ even though we have hardly bothered with the CL ourselves.

With C&A success a proper alternative to overcrowded lounges needs to be formulated by RCL executives.

I don't drink spirits and a couple of glasses of Prosecco or Sauvignon Blanc on a cruise night is enough for us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I believe if you promise something you should keep your word and deliver or give something else in place of like for example CL access for D+ even though we have hardly bothered with the CL ourselves.

With C&A success a proper alternative to overcrowded lounges needs to be formulated by RCL executives.

I don't drink spirits and a couple of glasses of Prosecco or Sauvignon Blanc on a cruise night is enough for us.

Where exactly does it say you are “promised” anything under the C&A program? CL access has a * and says on select ships. I don’t see that as a promise especially with # 21 T&C’s. Advise please. 

M8

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Where exactly does it say you are “promised” anything under the C&A program? CL access has a * and says on select ships. I don’t see that as a promise especially with # 21 T&C’s. Advise please. 

M8

Rory you were concerned for my health after my Heart Attack which I really appreciated so I don't want to go around in circles.

Bottom line for me is :-

I'm not personally bothered about CL access.

Not even interested in going into a crowded DL 

Pauline and I are happy to have a free drink each or pay for a glass each of Champagne in the Champagne lounge then have a couple of drinks in Giovanni's or Chops Grill with our meal and probably a Pina Colada for Pauline and a couple of bottles of sparkling water.

I rarely read T&C's because they don't interest me.

I always pick a Balcony or JS cabin and sometimes a Suite.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The SL/CK is not important to me Rory and I certainly do not complain but I acknowledge what you are saying and in your shoes I would think and do the same.

👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I guess they should have made this number 1 instead of the last one. A reminder.....

21. General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice. 

Corporate death if this ever tried to eliminate the program!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

In the US like in the UK lots of household name companies have gone bust in recent years and now with Covid19 and CDC no cruising the C&A society could be the difference between success or failure of RCL 

Indeed the C&A Society may be the only thing that saves RCL from bankruptcy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not so simple for the commoners to book a suite or become Pinnacle.  It is not as “easy” as it sounds, some cruisers can’t just book expensive suites so they book inside or balcony or whatever the budget can handle.  I think we need to try to understand we all are different and should appreciate that we are able to cruise whatever way we can.  Well, we were able to cruise😷 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Not so simple for the commoners to book a suite or become Pinnacle.  It is not as “easy” as it sounds, some cruisers can’t just book expensive suites so they book inside or balcony or whatever the budget can handle.  I think we need to try to understand we all are different and should appreciate that we are able to cruise whatever way we can.  Well, we were able to cruise😷 

Yes, you are correct.  Many of us are making suggestions based on our own situations, but are less mindful of the impact it will have on others.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Clarification, please. 

Why cut back from RCI 3 hour HH to X 2 hour HH? 

We would be able to use the HH drink time anywhere on the ship?

I would prefer all day, but if they are going to pick what perks from CC and C&A are the best for them (royal), it will be 2 hours and only lounge for highest tier and suites - IMO

I do think that they will do nothing except change the rest of the CL to SL - they will need the business

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Rory you were concerned for my health after my Heart Attack which I really appreciated so I don't want to go around in circles.

Bottom line for me is :-

I'm not personally bothered about CL access.

Not even interested in going into a crowded DL 

Pauline and I are happy to have a free drink each or pay for a glass each of Champagne in the Champagne lounge then have a couple of drinks in Giovanni's or Chops Grill with our meal and probably a Pina Colada for Pauline and a couple of bottles of sparkling water.

I rarely read T&C's because they don't interest me.

I always pick a Balcony or JS cabin and sometimes a Suite.

Graham

I sure hope my rants are not having an impact on your health. I continue to hope for your best health. 

Rory

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Corporate death if this ever tried to eliminate the program!

You few really believe this. If they come back, lots of changes to the cruising style we have become accustomed too. At reduced capacity, would you be willing to pay more to cruise?  We would. If only balcony at a higher premium, would you?

I can see even the SL closed. On ships with CK, maybe the tables spread out where the SL was. 

M8

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I would prefer all day, but if they are going to pick what perks from CC and C&A are the best for them (royal), it will be 2 hours and only lounge for highest tier and suites - IMO

I do think that they will do nothing except change the rest of the CL to SL - they will need the business

I agree, all day! If they do cut back there would be a big back lash from many of us. 

Agree with you - More than likly they will do nothing. 

Stay Safe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Graham

I sure hope my rants are not having an impact on your health. I continue to hope for your best health. 

Rory

Thanks Rory.

Your posts are always interesting and I always  look forward to reading them and replying if I can.

Health-wise I feel great and my total cholesterol is 2.5 which is excellent.

Thanks again for your concern and best wishes to you and your family.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You few really believe this. If they come back, lots of changes to the cruising style we have become accustomed too. At reduced capacity, would you be willing to pay more to cruise?  We would. If only balcony at a higher premium, would you?

I can see even the SL closed. On ships with CK, maybe the tables spread out where the SL was. 

M8

Good points.

We would pay more to cruise if it meant a safer environment with reduced capacity for social distancing.

The future of packed SLs and DLs in their current form seems untenable until a safe vaccine is available against covid19.

The combined CK/SL with spaced out tables on Oasis/Quantum class seems a reasonable solution for Suite guests and Pinnacle members.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Unless you are a lawyer or like to read all the small print how many do know all the T&C's?

Cruising might well be finished as we know it anyway and who knows if RCL can survive if the CDC and covid19 is preventing cruising indefinitely.

People bring them up hete all the time. 

Usually in regards to benefits, though

• Like 2