CL/SL future when cruising returns.

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Indeed the C&A Society may be the only thing that saves RCL from bankruptcy.

Well, it's often brought up that C&A is hands down the best Loyalty Program.   Will Carnival and NCL brands fold.

And keep this in mind. MSC already poached C&A members with loyalty match. And the first thing they did was water down the program and piss off their existing members

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You few really believe this. If they come back, lots of changes to the cruising style we have become accustomed too. At reduced capacity, would you be willing to pay more to cruise?  We would. If only balcony at a higher premium, would you?

I can see even the SL closed. On ships with CK, maybe the tables spread out where the SL was. 

M8

If the did away with the C&A program, I think many of us would forego our loyalty to Royal and become free agents.

• Like 6

You few really believe this. If they come back, lots of changes to the cruising style we have become accustomed too. At reduced capacity, would you be willing to pay more to cruise?  We would. If only balcony at a higher premium, would you?

I can see even the SL closed. On ships with CK, maybe the tables spread out where the SL was. 

M8

That really only affects Oasis ships 

Quantum CL/SL not attached

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

If the did away with the C&A program, I think many of us would forego our loyalty to Royal and become free agents.

Royal ships are great but so are Princess and P&O ships as well as MSC and NCL ships.

If all thing's were equal except loyalty programs then RCL C&A would win every time.

Take away or massively dilute C&A and Royal lose their edge over everyone else.

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

1) Where would you put it?

2) What about the D+ that want to mingle with D friends

1)  They are not going to need all the cabins when cruising begins either because of limited capacity due to safety concerns or lack of demand..  There's your answer.

2) Just like now with Ps who use the D Lounge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Royal ships are great but so are Princess and P&O ships as well as MSC and NCL ships.

If all thing's were equal except loyalty programs then RCL C&A would win every time.

Yes, our kids and friends sing the praises of Princess.

• Like 1

Just now, yogimax said:

Yes, our kids and friends sing the praises of Princess.

We had a 15 night Hawaiian cruise on Grand Princess out of SF last November and had a fantastic time plus the food and service was excellent.

We had some nice Elite loyalty benefits but our RCL D+ benefits are much better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

As you said, lots of changes to the cruising style we are used to. I don't know if I would be willing to pay more, or anything at all, until I see what those changes are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Absolutely,  but the grass isn't always greener

Very true. But ending C&A might give plenty of people the incentive to fine out for themselves. Business sense would seem to say don't give good customers reasons to try the competion. They might find out that they like it better. That would seem especially true when cruising starts up. I just don't forsee first timers who might have been considering a cruise rushing up gang planks for awhile.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very true. But ending C&A might give plenty of people the incentive to fine out for themselves. Business sense would seem to say don't give good customers reasons to try the competion. They might find out that they like it better.

Well we tried PCL once and definitely the grass wasn't greener.

We have booked our 2nd X (I know their in the family) cruise and I must say their grass was very green...looking forward to it and hoping they sail for our July 2021 British Isles itinerary.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We have booked our 2nd X (I know their in the family) cruise and I must say their grass was very green...looking forward to it and hoping they sail for our July 2021 British Isles itinerary.

Yes, Celebrity is a quality product, a cut above RCCL... a bit more expensive as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Isn’t the pricing more on X?  My Pinnacle family like X. 

• Like 1

Isn’t the pricing more on X?  My Pinnacle family like X. 

Yes it usually seems so but when comparing it to what I could have booked with RCI at the time X was a much better value.

I booked Reflection for July 2021 12 night British Isles...sky suite (true aft) 4 perks at $5643.00pp...RCI was higher for a lesser cabin category. The prices on X now for that same sailing is $$$$'s. Glad I booked when I did.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

While many of those are nice, none of them except RCI has a FlowRider....  so... in essence they suck

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

While many of those are nice, none of them except RCI has a FlowRider....  so... in essence they suck

You'll have to go to Asia and wait a bit (she's due to be finished next year), but Global Dream will be the first non-RCI ship with a Flowrider.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have never been on the flowrider and never will with my Knee and hip arthritis  but I know you do and it looks fun so for you I can understand unless other cruiselines get flowriders.

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very true. But ending C&A might give plenty of people the incentive to fine out for themselves. Business sense would seem to say don't give good customers reasons to try the competion. They might find out that they like it better. That would seem especially true when cruising starts up. I just don't forsee first timers who might have been considering a cruise rushing up gang planks for awhile.

+1

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

1)  They are not going to need all the cabins when cruising begins either because of limited capacity due to safety concerns or lack of demand..  There's your answer.

2) Just like now with Ps who use the D Lounge.

Short term answer that isnt very doable. Cabins wont work, you need a decent size venue. Basically the current overflow areas, I guess, but that pisses off the folks not eligible.

Sorry, but I was just answering the reference to a lounge only D+ could use. Have you changed your position 🤔

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

RCG would probably appreciate your switch to X. But would you do that if X didnt have the current loyalty scheme?