If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

6 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

And those 2 states have amoung the most deaths per capita per day in the country.

Texas is less than 1000 from over taking NY in covid deaths

Where did you get that information? Florida does not have anywhere near  the most deaths per capita!ll As of yesterday, Texas is 23rd and Florida is 26th. 
That’s out of 50 states, by the way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

And nothing was mentioned about guests who can't.

What do you mean?  If you can’t get the vaccine based on a health condition, why would you want to travel on a cruise ship which in mainly indoors and crowded at times.  Not sure the cruise lines want to risk you getting sick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Have you been vaccinated?  We had to enter our personal info. We get updates and surveys from the site that administered the vaccine. They know who got what. The boss saw something from one of the hospitals she covers regarding a database for keeping the vaccine records. 

M8

The providers have the info, sure. Those doing the 3rd party verifying of proof of vaccine (in this case, a cruise line) will have to rely solely on the cardstock with stickers.

I forget where I read it but someone wants to see the original vaccination card in order to be able to sail.  (it said a copy won't do).  Wonder what happens if you lose your card?  I will scan and take a picture of mine after the second shot but that still doesn't qualify as the original card

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You're wrong.  Nothing was mentioned about masks.  And nothing was mentioned about guests who can't.  What was mentioned is all guests over 18 need to be vaccinated, kids need the negative test and the other protocols and restrictions have not yet been determined, which would include masks, social distancing and possible excursion bubbles.

Actually, if you look at the blog post, they mention that masks will be required: What you need to know about Royal Caribbean's new cruises from The Bahamas | Royal Caribbean Blog  Scroll until it says "What about masks, social distancing, and other protocols".  It mentions at first that masks will not be required, then it says that masks will be required.

They haven't mentioned anything in regards to social distancing.

Edited by broadwaybaby123

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The providers have the info, sure. Those doing the 3rd party verifying of proof of vaccine (in this case, a cruise line) will have to rely solely on the cardstock with stickers.

I expect by then they should be able to access online. My opinion from what feedback I get from the boss. 

I sure hope they don’t allow people to board with just the card which like has been stated is easily faked. It wouldn’t look very good if the cruise lines had an infection onboard by someone with a faked vaccine card. 

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I forget where I read it but someone wants to see the original vaccination card in order to be able to sail.  (it said a copy won't do).  Wonder what happens if you lose your card?  I will scan and take a picture of mine after the second shot but that still doesn't qualify as the original card

We have ours stored and in the safe with our passports. 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I expect by then they should be able to access online. My opinion from what feedback I get from the boss. 

I sure hope they don’t allow people to board with just the card which like has been stated is easily faked. It wouldn’t look very good if the cruise lines had an infection onboard by someone with a faked vaccine card. 

I think an American vaccine passport is a long long way away, if ever. Even the WHO recommends against vaccine passports at least for the near term until we learn more about how long vaccines last.

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I wonder this too?  Also, I wonder how easy it will be to replace (this coming from someone who has to order

both A replacement birth certificate and marriage license ;))?

Just now, smokeybandit said:

I think an American vaccine passport is a long long way away, if ever. Even the WHO recommends against vaccine passports at least for the near term until we learn more about how long vaccines last.

I still think there is too much risk for the cruise lines should someone board with fake credentials (vaccine) and infection occurs onboard. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I wonder this too?  Also, I wonder how easy it will be to replace (this coming from someone who has to order

both A replacement birth certificate and marriage license ;))?

You would have to go back to your provider to get a replacement card.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You would have to go back to your provider to get a replacement card.

Thx!  Note, we actually got ours from a mass vaccination site at the local horse racing track (lol, seriously!!), so hopefully our regular medical office could give us a duplicate card 🙂

Edited by vacationlover_mn

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What do you mean?  If you can’t get the vaccine based on a health condition, why would you want to travel on a cruise ship which in mainly indoors and crowded at times.  Not sure the cruise lines want to risk you getting sick. 

Nothing was mentioned in the Royal statement regarding those people that can't get the vaccine being allowed on the ship. I was responding to Broadway baby's post.  If I am mistaken, provide me a link that states that those cruisers that can't get the vaccine are allowed on the ship.  The promotional email I got stated that all over the age of 18 had to be vaccinated and that those under 18 needed negative tests.

• Like 1

Just now, SNJCruisers said:

Nothing was mentioned in the Royal statement regarding those people that can't get the vaccine being allowed on the ship. I was responding to Broadway baby's post.  If I am mistaken, provide me a link that states that those cruisers that can't get the vaccine are allowed on the ship.  The promotional email I got stated that all over the age of 18 had to be vaccinated and that those under 18 needed negative tests.

I misunderstood your post obviously. I thought you were saying those that “can’t” get the vaccine should be allowed to board. My bad. 

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I keep my original card with my passport. I've never lost my passport so there is that.

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I misunderstood your post obviously. I thought you were saying those that “can’t” get the vaccine should be allowed to board. My bad. 

M8.....no problem.  I'm just keeping the fingers crossed that everything goes well with the Royal and X cruises and it possibly lights a fire under the CDC to let the test cruises commence as more people get vaccinated and we are that much closer to herd immunity.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

In the FAQ's it directs guests who fit this category to call special needs.

16. If a vaccination is medically contraindicated because of a disability, how is this handled?

Guests unable to comply with safety requirements due to medical disabilities should contact Royal Caribbean' s Access Department at (866 ) 592 -7225 or send an e- mail to special_ needs@ rccl. com. Should you require i t , our fax number is (954 )628 -9622 . If desired, travel partners may contact us on their guest’s behalf.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Actually there was.  It doesn't say what the outcome will be however it is not a flat out no.

16. If a vaccination is medically contraindicated because of a disability, how is this handled?

Guests unable to comply with safety requirements due to medical disabilities should contact Royal Caribbean' s Access Department at (866 ) 592 -7225 or send an e- mail to special_ needs@ rccl. com. Should you require i t , our fax number is (954 )628 -9622 . If desired, travel partners may contact us on their guest’s behalf.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

I think the idea of people faking them is way overblown.

I’m not sure about overblown... but the health survey of old days, prior to boarding, is a prime example of people faking it. By no means will it be “everyone”, but there will be a percentage that will lie about their Covid shots.

There are individuals here on CC have already said they will made fake cards. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Why should it matter how long immunity lasts from the vaccines? The vaccine passport should include last date(s) of vaccination. That should be easy enough to record on a vaccine passport.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m not sure about overblown... but the health survey of old days, prior to boarding, is a prime example of people faking it. By no means will it be “everyone”, but there will be a percentage that will lie about their Covid shots.

That's because there are idiots everywhere.  Are these people that would risk catching other diseases that are common in some countries just to travel by faking a vaccine booklet?  There are some nasty diseases out there in other countries.  Yellow fever, cholera, malaria are just a few that required for some countries.  There are even some that are recommended for travel to the US.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Of course you'll have this, and who knows what other forms of circumventing the system. Human nature. As I said on another forum, push all this (cruising) off till the start of '22, allowing for more time for vaccination globally speaking, and at least moving closer to herd immunity, instead of coming up with all sorts of scenarios that may or may not work. We're still in the early phases of vaccination and have no idea how long any immunity gained from the vaccines will even last. A year from now we'll likely be much farther along and in a better position to restart cruising in the manner of which we all want it to be anyway. To rush back into it too soon just invites problems and could possibly incur another industry-wide shutdown. What joy will there be to get back on a ship, worrying a good part of the time whether or not everything is copacetic. 

Edited by OnTheJourney