Empress of The Seas

2 minutes ago, DonnaMarieNJ said:

So ALL cruises are cancelled for 2021 out of US?  (Probably a stupid question given the above post.  I just want to be certain.)  When was Royal going to tell me?  I am booked on a cruise in July (or *was* I should say).

No, they are not cancelled.  They are only cancelled until Dec. 31, 2020.

No one knows when U.S. cruising will restart.

No one knows what, if any, impact the new administration will have on U.S. cruising.

No one knows which, if any, ships will leave the RCI fleet.

Everyone knows (or should) that there is A LOT of speculation, misinformation, sarcasm, and more on CC. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, DonnaMarieNJ said:

So ALL cruises are cancelled for 2021 out of US?  (Probably a stupid question given the above post.  I just want to be certain.)  When was Royal going to tell me?  I am booked on a cruise in July (or *was* I should say).

The post you referenced was nothing but speculation on the part of the person who posted it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keyboardjunkie said:

No, they are not cancelled.  They are only cancelled until Dec. 31, 2020.

I think Royal has also closed bookings to all cruises longer than 7 days until November 1, 2020 that either originate or end in the US.  Or at least I don't see any when I do a search.  However the cruises aren't cancelled, they just aren't accepting any new bookings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think Royal has also closed bookings to all cruises longer than 7 days until November 1, 2020 that either originate or end in the US.  Or at least I don't see any when I do a search.  However the cruises aren't cancelled, they just aren't accepting any new bookings.

I also think you are correct.  I believe that in order to show the CDC that they are meeting guidelines, Royal has stopped SELLING cruises over 8 days.  They have NOT cancelled these cruises.  They just stopped offering them to additional guests.  This is similiar to what Princess and other cruise lines have done.

For example, this is what Princess sent out:

"

An example, from Princess Cruises:

"Select cruises 8 days and longer put on hold, not cancelled

On Wednesday, we communicated the statement below as it pertains to our current cruise deployment ......Please note, the cruises noted below have not been cancelled and there is no action required from you ...at this time. Please read on:

Princess Cruises has reviewed the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Framework for Conditional Sailing and is seeking additional clarification to fully understand the requirements. While we await further information, we have (temporarily) stopped selling all cruises eight days and longer which call upon a U.S. port and depart January 1 through November 1, 2021. For those who are currently booked on one of these cruises, we ask for your patience to receive further information from Princess Cruises on whether your cruise is impacted.

Edited by keyboardjunkie

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The post you referenced was nothing but speculation on the part of the person who posted it. 

Yes, that was me. I based it on a speech recently from the projected presidential winner who indicated that he was not anticipating that Covid-19 would be under control until November 2021. I don’t believe he is going to allow cruise ships to operate out of the U. S. Ports next year. I’m listening carefully to what he and his transition team are saying and it’s about more restrictions, not less. Yes, I guess it’s just my 2 cents. 

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Wow - they also have her ETA as Nov. 16.  If destination is TBA how come ETA is known?  

Because the bridge crew knows where they are going and when they'll get there.  

They just don't want us to know where... yet.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1