Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Geoff the thing that surprises me about Quantum coming to Brisbane it will not be able to go to Cairns ( Yorkeys Knob ) or Airlie Beach. In today's climate with Corona they are relying on the South Pacific and NZ for cruises. 

Personally I think if Quantum comes to Brisbane it will be a whole new set of cruises. 

I think if quantum does go to Brisbane the itinerary would have to be different.

Airlie and Yorker have there own tenders but there a couple cruises to Eden?

Would Quantum fit into Eden?

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think if quantum does go to Brisbane the itinerary would have to be different.

Airlie and Yorker have there own tenders but there a couple cruises to Eden?

Would Quantum fit into Eden?

Voyager is the biggest for Eden so far. 

An Aussie Travel agent claims.

Get ready Queensland! This is OMG-worthy, quantum-leaping, jaw-dropping news. For the first time ever, state-of-the-art Quantum of the Seas will be sailing from Brisbane in Summer 2021-2022.
Quantum of the Seas will be the newest and biggest ship to ever call Brisbane home. Your clients will be able to discover first-at-sea innovations like skydiving in the middle of the ocean. Marvel at mind-blowing Broadway style shows and spellbinding aerial displays. And embrace their inner foodie with immersive world class dining.
With 25 itineraries sailing from Brisbane to 18 destinations across Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, never before have Queenslanders had so much choice
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Get ready Queensland! This is OMG-worthy, quantum-leaping, jaw-dropping news. For the first time ever, state-of-the-art Quantum of the Seas will be sailing from Brisbane in Summer 2021-2022.
Quantum of the Seas will be the newest and biggest ship to ever call Brisbane home. Your clients will be able to discover first-at-sea innovations like skydiving in the middle of the ocean. Marvel at mind-blowing Broadway style shows and spellbinding aerial displays. And embrace their inner foodie with immersive world class dining.
With 25 itineraries sailing from Brisbane to 18 destinations across Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, never before have Queenslanders had so much choice

Any idea what happens to Radiance then? Sydney or stays in USA.

24 minutes ago, springaussie said:

No

But guessing she could replace a Vision ship or leave the fleet. 

Do you think Royal and Brisbane will have some trial cruises to nowhere as Singapore is doing?

Early next year ?    I’m sure that new terminal is burning a hole in their wallet.

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

It’s hard to imagine Sydney having only one ship.  

Serenade could also sail from Sydney.  

Serenade is still booked at Grand Cayman on Oct. 15. 2022 indicating they were not planning on her returning to Australia for the 22/23 season. This call has been booked since May of 2020 and so far still stands. 

I booked our (cancelled) British Isles 2021 cruise almost a year ago, on the release day, November 12.  Trying to decide if we should try again for 2022. Any signs out there that a 12 night British Isles cruise is in the works for summer 2022? This thread is how I learned so much last year. 

18 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Well now I feel like an idiot 🤪. I was on Mariner in the West Coast in Cabo... only my 2nd cruise. I definitely remember tenders, however cannot remember if shoreside tenders or RCL tenders from the ship. I'll have to look at old photos once I get home.

Cabo has tenders. Depending on the number of ships in the bay, most ships use a mix of ship and shore tenders

Also the local paper said La Paz was building a pier for cruise ships. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RoamingRetirees said:

They converted Quantum to Asian tastes too, but it's in Alaska now.

I’m wondering if they are converting back to other tastes. There are two TP segments without passengers, in April 2021 Eastbound, and in late September 2021 Westbound to Honolulu. Fifteen days without pax Eastbound, and 10 days without pax’s Westbound. You can see the gaps in the photos below. I hope that means for our 2022 cruises, they will have completed that. What else can the gaps be?

1AE3FB7F-B83C-49E3-ACC0-25D86B77EA8C.png

455CDCF3-EF21-4D2B-87D9-A57F451EE0BC.png

14 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

I’m wondering if they are converting back to other tastes. There are two TP segments without passengers, in April 2021 Eastbound, and in late September 2021 Westbound to Honolulu. Fifteen days without pax Eastbound, and 10 days without pax’s Westbound. You can see the gaps in the photos below. I hope that means for our 2022 cruises, they will have completed that. What else can the gaps be?

I saw that last night for the Westbound.  If your theory was true and they are sailing empty then why would the last Alaska cruise be a Seattle to Vancouver.  I'm wondering if they are still trying to finalize port stops on that Hawaii to Alaska leg

8 hours ago, springaussie said:

We are booked on the Radiance for a b2b in Jan Feb 2022 and both Radiance and Quantum have disappeared from the RC site for Australia during this period. Looking like they are working on something. A few days ago most cabins on our cruises were available but when I checked yesterday almost all were showing unavailable or booked. 

43 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

Quarantining the ship so nobody travels into or out of Australia except the crew maybe? 

49 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

I was wondering too if they would convert it back. They made pretty major changes when it went to Shanghai.

18 hours ago, mattymay said:

I think long term one of the Q class will stay in Australia year round to service Perfect Day Lelepa.  Given COVID who knows when that will be now. The other Q class would do half Australia/half Alaska as normal. Spectrum and Wonder in Asia. That leaves Voyager for West Coast US.

II totally forgot about Lelepa. Makes sense.

8 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Alaska, US Pacific coast and Mexico!  

Radiance already did Mexico itineraries when first delivered to RCL, which included some 10 and 11 day sailings including fantastic ports further south of Puerto Vallarta such as Zihuatanejo. Would love to see La Paz... and even Loreto, Guaymas or a few others that Holland already visits. Would love to see a more extensive itinerary rather than just the normal PV, Mazatlan, Cabo route.

Besides that, I believe Radiance is a poor ship for warm itineraries... smallest pool deck in the fleet, and just wouldn't compete well against Bliss, Horizon, etc.... RCL would have to discount prices imo.

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Cabo has tenders. Depending on the number of ships in the bay, most ships use a mix of ship and shore tenders

Also the local paper said La Paz was building a pier for cruise ships. 

Yep, I already knew for sure Cabo had their own tenders. The question was whether Mariner had RCL tenders. My own photos, and those on line, have none of the RCL tenders showings, and it looks like all of the lifeboats are still on the side of the ship. So whether or not they were added on her AMP at the time years ago Mariner did not have RCL tenders.

39 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Just announced - Quantum to Brisbane 2021/2022 cruise season.  Serenade to Sydney for 2021/2022. Ovation remains in Sydney.  Radiance to Miami. 

Wow! So Radiance through the Panama Canal!

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, TRUEBLUE66 said:

We are booked on the Radiance for a b2b in Jan Feb 2022 and both Radiance and Quantum have disappeared from the RC site for Australia during this period. Looking like they are working on something. A few days ago most cabins on our cruises were available but when I checked yesterday almost all were showing unavailable or booked. 

This is Likely why those are gone. This was sent to folks in Australia today. 

DC79664E-541B-41D7-B733-E3329853EF6D.jpeg

136825FB-45A3-44C4-B8C7-E2A9766F03FF.jpeg

17 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

This is Likely why those are gone. This was sent to folks in Australia today. 

DC79664E-541B-41D7-B733-E3329853EF6D.jpeg

136825FB-45A3-44C4-B8C7-E2A9766F03FF.jpeg

Yes, just off the phone to RC and our first cruise is more or less okay but no South Pacific itinerary thereafter, just a short cruise to Eden and Sydney. Maybe do a short one on the Serenade to Melbourne around this time as we make D+ (maybe!).

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

When Bliss is in Cabo she sucks up every shore tender.  Other ships are left to use their own.