Would you take a COVID test in order to cruise?

Would you take a COVID test in order to cruise?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take a COVID test in order to cruise

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

timing will be tricky if they're going to require a test before cruising. You can test negative and catch it the next day and not test positive until  later. The reliable tests take 5-7 days to get results. I imagine the wait time would increase as more people want to test .

I really had not thought about COVID testing.  I was hung up on not wanting to wear a mask on vacation.  If that turns out to be required hope we can find out before the end of the year so I can change my FCC into a refund

• Like 1

No problem taking a test, but I think other steps would also be necessary since the test is only one part of the  story.

An effective and safe vaccine?  That's another story.  The vaccine would be a game changer, not the test.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Why would anyone object to a covid test?

What possible harm can a check if you have a deadly disease be objectionable?

I am happy to do it....... Providing I can do the nasal bit myself. I am perfectly capable of picking or swabbing my own nose thank you very much. The thought of someone else doing is disgusting to me. But that is just me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

I am happy to do it....... Providing I can do the nasal bit myself. I am perfectly capable of picking or swabbing my own nose thank you very much. The thought of someone else doing is disgusting to me. But that is just me.

Keep in mind that it's not your nose that's being swabbed.  The swab just enters through the nose.

The main problem what testing for a cruise is how long it takes to get the thousands of results back. Because if it takes 5 to 7 days it is not workable. If it takes 15 minutes it could be part of check in process.

And what happens if you discover an infected person who within the waiting period for the test result may infect other persons in their vicinity?

And surely persons vaccinated would not need to wear a face mask nor be expected to?

3 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Keep in mind that it's not your nose that's being swabbed.  The swab just enters through the nose.

Yeah in someone else's hand! And they have a little dig around in there. I am perfectly capable of doing that myself.

• Like 1

I may be in a minority but I believe the test should be mandatory even with the possibility of things changing days later

I think it would helpful if you have had the virus to be able to show some kind of qualified proof that you have had the virus and have had a successful recovery.  

I also think a temperature check should be mandatory before boarding the ship

The Q&A paper is a waste of time and only a CYA for the cruise line.

• Like 3

The test would not be a problem but not sure how a vaccine would figure in.  Most people think the vaccine is a cure all for Covid and yet it is like other flu vaccines.  They do not work for some people, like me, who gets the flu every time I get a vaccine.  If they asked to see conformation that you got the vaccine for cruising I feel that is an invasion of my privacy.  No one asks you to prove you got a flu vaccine, or a polio vaccine, or what ever else you need vaccines for. 

5 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Different.  He took an antigen test, which would most likely not be used for passengers boarding a cruise ship.

I can tell you right now way most people on this board would not take antibody which involves blood being drawn to go on a cruise not a chance. I most certainly would not. And I doubt you could do it a couple of thousand passengers even if could get the results back in 15 minutes. And I think it takes about 24 hours. I doubt they have enough staff or equipment on site in either case. Staff might have that done but not passengers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Different.  He took an antigen test, which would most likely not be used for passengers boarding a cruise ship.

It would have to be the quick test.  The longer test would do no good since if there was a positive test result found days later it would defeat the purpose of testing.

7 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I can tell you right now way most people on this board would not take antibody which involves blood being drawn to go on a cruise not a chance. I most certainly would not. And I doubt you could do it a couple of thousand passengers even if could get the results back in 15 minutes. And I think it takes about 24 hours. I doubt they have enough staff or equipment on site in either case. Staff might have that done but not passengers.

I don't believe anyone suggested taking the antibody test.

52 minutes ago, yogimax said:

No problem taking a test, but I think other steps would also be necessary since the test is only one part of the  story.

An effective and safe vaccine?  That's another story.  The vaccine would be a game changer, not the test.

Absolutely agree 100%.