Free Valet Laundry Service for all

Pcardad

15 hours ago, DarthCruiser said:

Yes, its as Pcardad explained.  Ours was a B2B not offered as a single voyage.  Hence we got the $100 per segment.  On multi-segment voyages that Regent offered as a single cruise, we only received $100.

Same here - $100 for the world cruise, but $100 per segment on a manual B2B.

18 hours ago, mrlevin said:

We are on the Grand Arctic Adventure on Navigator; a total of six segments and 94 nights.  We were given just ONE $100 SBC

16 hours ago, DarthCruiser said:

Ours was a B2B not offered as a single voyage.  Hence we got the $100 per segment.  On multi-segment voyages that Regent offered as a single cruise, we only received $100.

Given the reason for introducing this new SSS Benefit IMO it would have been more appropriate to offer the benefit per person per segment 🤔

We have a similar issue with the NCLH Shareholder Benefit which is capped per booking.

But maybe we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth ................... but hold on .............. we paid handsomely for those "gifts😉

If you book a "manual" B2B, does Regent offer any B2B discount other than just removing the published air allowance(s) that you are not using?  I have been looking at some of the combination voyages, and it looks like the wo air prices are discounted by about 6-12%.

5 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

If you book a "manual" B2B, does Regent offer any B2B discount other than just removing the published air allowance(s) that you are not using?  I have been looking at some of the combination voyages, and it looks like the wo air prices are discounted by about 6-12%.

Not a percentage discount.  The credit is for airfare not used and it is a specific amount depending on the embarkation and disembarkation ports.  You can figure this yourself by pretend booking and doing that without air and the difference is the amount of air credit.

It tells you right below the prices what the air discount is for each segment.  Obviously, you would waive air for at least the ports where you don't disembark.  Are you saying there is no additional discount at all, or just not a fixed percentage?   Do they even combine B2Bs under the same booking number, or do you get a separate booking for each segment?

10 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

It tells you right below the prices what the air discount is for each segment.  Obviously, you would waive air for at least the ports where you don't disembark.  Are you saying there is no additional discount at all, or just not a fixed percentage?   Do they even combine B2Bs under the same booking number, or do you get a separate booking for each segment?

Not completely sure about additional discounts and have never seen a fixed percentage.  As to single or multiple booking number, it all depends I believe on if the combined B2B is sold as a single voyage or not.  Think it will take having your TA check it out to get a firm answeer.

B2Bs have an additional discount on top of air.  15+ years ago it was fixed dollar amount then changed to fix percentage and now is kept in the shadows; you need to have it priced out.  It usually is same booking number but sometimes not.  We had a 63 night cruise a few years ago where the first two segments were sold as a pre-packaged B2B by Regent whilst the third and fourth segments were a separate manual B2B.  Ship's personnel thought we were only on for the first 39 days and didn't realize we were staying on until they started getting ready for the next voyage.

World Cruises and Grand Voyages have additional benefits (e.g., laundry, visas, special events, luggage shipping, etc) that make up for the additional cost of not booking as B2B2B2B2B2B.  Grand Arctic Adventure doesn't get SSS discount whilst many of the segments do.  When they announced the $1000 SBC offer I realized I could have a lower net cost of I wasn't on Grand Voyage (assuming I could use $7000+ SBC), but it wouldn't be the same experience.

Marc

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SusieQft said:

For our B2B we have 2 different booking numbers, one for each segment.  So you have different dates for payments, tours and dining.

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2020 at 8:37 PM, SusieQft said:

Do they even combine B2Bs under the same booking number, or do you get a separate booking for each segment?

In our experience, if you book the two segments of the B2B at the same time they are combined under one booking number. 

If you book one segment, then later decide to add a further segment there will be two booking numbers.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:23 PM, SusieQft said:

If you book a "manual" B2B, does Regent offer any B2B discount other than just removing the published air allowance(s) that you are not using?

Yes, we have a B2B booked for next Spring for a combination of two segments not offered by Regent as a "prepackaged" cruise*.

Our invoice shows a "combination cruise saving"  in addition to an "air allowance".

As the B2B is under one booking number we are able to book excursions and dining for the whole cruise on the same dates. We can make one advance dining reservation per speciality restaurant per segment.

* Regent "prepackaged" combination cruises have a suffix letter against the cruise date in the web browser address bar e.g.

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/EXP210406A/summary

The combination cruise is EXP210406A (32 nights); combining the two segments EXP210406 (14 nights) and EXP210420 (18 nights)

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2020 at 5:27 PM, FengShui@Sea said:

My thought exactly.  I thought I was the only one disappointed at the prospect of losing the ability to do my own laundry.   I even select our room location to be convenient to the laundry room.  We'll give the free laundry a try, but I would like the option of doing my own.  However, I think it is a' health risk' based decision, so will be surprised if self service laundry is still available when we sail on the Splendor next March.

And of course - another plus is that the more people that send laundry out, the fewer folks will be using the laundry rooms (assuming they don't repurpose them).  I usually use OBC to have my laundry done, but there are times I just want to run some small things through on a sea day and don't want to mess with bagging and tagging...

• Like 1

I would hope there would be a notice on those laundry doors advising same would (will) continue being locked due to an abundance of caution concerning ongoing concerns for health and welfare of Passengers and Crew. 

Actually, this additional advisory should not be necessary.  Regent will, no-doubt, provide adequate advance notice as to unavailability of this laundry option long-in advance of a particular cruise segment; and repeated in "Passages" entries once-onboard.

And, as the ultimate Plan B Back-up for washing a few incidentals:  That lanyard running above the bathtub (if your particular Suite contains a bathtub).  Connect the Line.  Wash, dry, and turn up the air-conditioning.

GOARMY!

3 hours ago, GOARMY said:

And, as the ultimate Plan B Back-up for washing a few incidentals:  That lanyard running above the bathtub (if your particular Suite contains a bathtub).  Connect the Line.  Wash, dry, and turn up the air-conditioning.

Do the suites with no bathtub not have a line in the shower?  No clothesline option unless you have a bathtub?

9 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Do the suites with no bathtub not have a line in the shower?  No clothesline option unless you have a bathtub?

Good question.  I'm trying to remember.  It's perhaps only relevant in a suite where there is the shower-only replacement, like Mariner, and I wasn't in a standard suite, so I don't know.  Since I haven't been on the two new ships, I can't comment.  But on Voyager and Navigator, there is a bath/shower combo, *and* a walk-in shower enclosure.  So the clothes line is over the tub. 

While it is totally understandable that the DIY washing rooms would be closed until further notice, a better approach would have been to simply state that policy as current fact and intimate that the $100 cabin credit could certainly be used for laundry spending...or anything else. It doesn't make sense that people would cancel a cruise if they didn't have access to a self serve laundry. People will figure it out. Those who already have their earned benefits would remain happily whole.

2 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Good question.  I'm trying to remember.  It's perhaps only relevant in a suite where there is the shower-only replacement, like Mariner, and I wasn't in a standard suite, so I don't know.  Since I haven't been on the two new ships, I can't comment.  But on Voyager and Navigator, there is a bath/shower combo, *and* a walk-in shower enclosure.  So the clothes line is over the tub. 

There is a washing line in the shower only PH on the Mariner.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 7:32 AM, fizzy said:

While it is totally understandable that the DIY washing rooms would be closed until further notice, a better approach would have been to simply state that policy as current fact and intimate that the $100 cabin credit could certainly be used for laundry spending...or anything else. It doesn't make sense that people would cancel a cruise if they didn't have access to a self serve laundry. People will figure it out. Those who already have their earned benefits would remain happily whole.

I really don't get it, it's a new perk and on Regent it should have been one earlier than now.  It should be a big deal........Just my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 10:54 AM, Pcardad said:

Remember when Regent offered free internet to all and the bandwidth they pay for couldn't handle it? The internet went into the toilet.

Same thing will happen with the laundry. Regent won't increase the capacity and you will get 6 pieces every week or something ridiculous and those who had it for free will get a 3 day turn-around or will pay for same day service.

Unless capacity is increased - this is simply marketing nonsense.

This is not true. The ship offered this perk two years ago on certain Mediterranean cruises and the laundry worked flawlessly. Stop worrying. You are wrong. 

• 8 months later...