Is it time to buy CCL stock

jakeT

Stock is now around $15 a share.  Was up to $50 $60 before virus hit.   Do you think it’s time to buy ?

Really think about it.  If they go back to cruising in full.  The prices will go up fast.

• Like 1

It was $13.07 on August 3rd.  I might buy more if/when it dips that low or lower.  I think it is a good buy at $15 though and worst case scenario, I think someone could buy at $15 and sell higher.  Just my opinion.  Honestly, I realized that trading these travel stocks is actually better for me than buying and holding.  I'm still going to keep 100 shares of Carnival for the benefits, but I might buy and sell Carnival a few times before there is a vaccine.  The fluctuation is a good opportunity for me.

We are long term holders of CCL stock.  Love the OBC feature and loved the dividend.  I expect the stock to move upward when cruising resumes but I don't have the courage to buy right now---I may hate myself in a couple of years.

1 hour ago, GLCM GUY said:

We are long term holders of CCL stock.  Love the OBC feature and loved the dividend.  I expect the stock to move upward when cruising resumes but I don't have the courage to buy right now---I may hate myself in a couple of years.

Do you hate yourself for not buying Apple or FB a few years ago? All way up since the pandemic 

3 hours ago, jakeT said:

Stock is now around $15 a share.  Was up to $50 $60 before virus hit.   Do you think it’s time to buy ?

Really think about it.  If they go back to cruising in full.  The prices will go up fast.

When do you think they will get back to cruising FULL?   Do announce it and go all in with your retirement.

BTW did you see Tesla 3 years ago, Amazon 10 years ago, Apple 2 years ago, those were far more certain than this leaky boat.

No question CCL is an interesting day trade, just like Delta, or Tesla, or AMD, don't call it investment, call it gambling.

When it gets to about 5 bucks you could argue it might be an investment purchase, LOL

Edited by chipmaster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, coevan said:

Do you hate yourself for not buying Apple or FB a few years ago? All way up since the pandemic 

You think you understand their business and why it is up?      

FB everyone is on it as they are stuck at home, but advertisers are pulling out, but where will they plug their stuff?

Apple, you see what the supercycle will be like with 5G and their services business, not hard to predict they are doing well.

I have seriously been watching it for months and kicking myself when it dipped down so far and then went back up to what it is today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it does it again and I'm in. Even if I have to hang onto it for awhile. I've been watching all the cruise lines. 

Surely there were people regretting "missing a lowball buying opportunity" at the end of the run of TOYS, PAA or BBI.

Will CCL be around by Q4 of '21? Stay tuned.

But if anyone believes the company is edging toward a speedy recovery ... be sure to post actual evidence supporting such a theory.

Compared to Jan of '20, it has a smaller fleet, vastly less revenue, a massive increase in debt and no prospect of any quick turnaround ahead. Under the circumstances, buying CCL seems on a par with shoveling $50 bills under a lawnmower and hoping it spits out gold ingots.

10 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I've lost quite a bit of money, but I'm not worried. I've made back my initial investment with OBC and dividends. By the way, I'm reading your St Thomas review from last month. I love it!

Aww thanks. I'm glad you are enjoying it. 

15 hours ago, jakeT said:

The only way I'd buy CCL TODAY is if I got a vision from the future that there would either be an effective vaccine with doses and DIY instructions in everyone's mailboxes no latter than tomorrow, or if there's an effective treatment found TODAY with a billion available doses worldwide.  Short of that, I think the stock will go lower sometime and it can be picked up then.

• Like 1

The most logical way to buy Carnival is to buy

1 share. @15

2 shares @14

3 shares @13

And so on.

This way you will always buy the maximum number of shares at the lowest price.

Also your investment and risk will be very low, quite possibly the lowest of all investors.

if you want to invest much more, then use a multiple of 5 or 10

Hold and book profit when Cruises resume.

• Like 1

It's a gamble. It's either going to be a huge loss or a huge return. It will be quite some time before they return to a level of profitability like they did before. Fortunately, the stock market does not care about that. The minute the cruise industry shows promise again, stocks will surge. If this goes on for too long though, it could go very badly.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chipmaster said:

You think you understand their business and why it is up?      

FB everyone is on it as they are stuck at home, but advertisers are pulling out, but where will they plug their stuff?

Apple, you see what the supercycle will be like with 5G and their services business, not hard to predict they are doing well.

Seriously? Please look at their charts. both companies are rock solid. Apple has more cash on hand then the U.S. government. Yes, I do understand and am an investor. I bought FB at it’s IPO at about $30 a share. 

4 hours ago, tinleypark andy said:

On a related note, all airline stocks are down today. 

If the airlines are in trouble, the cruise (travel), industry will be too. 

I bought AA at $11.70 per share, its share price has been a roller coaster that last few months.

The airline stocks have been a nice money maker lately.  They fluctuate a lot and I predict they will continue to fluctuate until there is a vaccine. It's a good trading market for these types of stocks.  I recently sold several for some nice profits and will buy back at the dips.  And to think that it all started when someone posted the Carnival stock thread.  I figured I would buy 100 shares to get the OBC, but then I saw the great potential for those fluctuating stocks.  A roller coaster is a good thing for trading, in my opinion.  

My original 100 shares of Carnival turned out to be free since I made my money back by buying it several times at dips.  Pretty cool.

22 hours ago, jakeT said:

Buying it to turn a profit you will want to purchase a lot more than 100 shares. 100 shares will get you a lot of on board credit. However, when it grows where you may want to sell the stock. You will always want to keep 100 shares for the OBC if you intend to keep on cursing with Carnival or its other owned lines. Princess for an example. if you are a veteran you will get the same OBC plus the stock OBC. It is a great perk. My wife and I both have 500 shares each.

I also own RCL. That so far has turned a great profit also and you also get the perks when sailing RCL or celebrity.