MSC Not Tolerating Violation of New C-19 Health Protocols

Von & John

My what an interessting turn this topic took. From MSC not tolerating violation of their rules, to nude cruises. Ah- going nude is the Epitome of dressing down... quite literaly. LOL:

Thats just a personal thing- but I do not see what is so great about a nude cruise- but each his own- right. My sympathy for those who burn tender parts while at the buffet- well - to say the least - is very very limited. LOL.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mayleeman said:

I would think that the dress protocols are there for the benefit of the other passengers to enjoy a shared evening meal in a classier style. Seems weird  then, to pronounce that it has no impact on diners who try to be part of a shared experience when someone dresses down and decides other people are not allowed to notice.

You can't "rule" other people in looking, acting, and behaving the way you want them to. If you start down the path of letting other people's choices affect your good time, where is the limit. What if I show up in something that follows the "dress code" but looks horrible because it fits poorly, clashes, in general is just ugly, etc. What if I show up in something that follows the "dress code" but look like I just rolled out of bed with wrinkled clothing and messy hair.  As long as you are allowing someone else's choices to affect your perception of the dinner and your good time you are setting yourself up for disappointment. No matter what someone else wears or looks like, you can still focus on how you feel about your look, your dining companion, and enjoy a nice meal with nice service. If you leave dinner because someone sitting in your line of sight doesn't fit the way you want them to look you are the only person ruining your nice dinner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

You can't "rule" other people in looking, acting, and behaving the way you want them to

Oh yes you can !!!  Ever hear of "Policies  relating to Dress Code " whether they are set by Company's , Government, Clubs, Education Institutes , Travel , etc, etc, and even dining rooms on cruise ships ?  

Kindly don't reply with " I got my rights " crap , because you don't got your " rights " when Policies are set.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

Oh yes you can !!!  Ever hear of "Policies  relating to Dress Code " whether they are set by Company's , Government, Clubs, Education Institutes , Travel , etc, etc, and even dining rooms on cruise ships ?  

Kindly don't reply with " I got my rights " crap , because you don't got your " rights " when Policies are set.

When did I say anything about "rights"?? Clothing on private property has nothing to do with the constitution and I don't believe I have EVER made that argument. Perhaps you skipped over the rest of my post where I was simply saying that you can abide by the rules of the "dress code" and still look bad. Not saying people do that intentionally, people who are sloppy with be sloppy with or without a dress code. People who dress poorly, will dress poorly with or without a dress code. Rules don't create "style" 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

When did I say anything about "rights"?? Clothing on private property has nothing to do with the constitution and I don't believe I have EVER made that argument. Perhaps you skipped over the rest of my post where I was simply saying that you can abide by the rules of the "dress code" and still look bad. Not saying people do that intentionally, people who are sloppy with be sloppy with or without a dress code. People who dress poorly, will dress poorly with or without a dress code. Rules don't create "style" 

The tone of your replies leaves the impression of '' I got my rights " .

Three strikes, I'm out.

15 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

The tone of your replies leaves the impression of '' I got my rights " .

Three strikes, I'm out.

You are imagining things now. That isn't something I would say and isn't something that I did say. Was simply pointing out the fallacy in allowing the actions of others to change you enjoy your time. I think that is a rule to live by and applies to most things in life. You simply cannot control the actions of others, you can simply control how you react and feel about it. No "rights" involved. Just words of wisdom for getting more enjoyment out of life. I think you are bit biased against people who have an opinion different than yours and it skews how you view them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2020 at 7:45 AM, sanger727 said:

As I mentioned in a previous post, it is inaccurate to say that Celebrity doesn't challenge anyone on the dress code. We have certainly seen it done. 

You can think what you want about following a dress code. But I can't for the life of me imagine letting someone chooses to wear affect my good time and I don't choose to socialize with people who do.  I prefer people who are more live and let live. At the end of the day it's Celebrity's rules and it's not your place or my place to tell them that they aren't enforcing them correctly. 

And frankly, as far as the "ambiance" argument goes. For Murano, I might buy it, it is quite an upscale place and we did feel compelled to dress accordingly. The MDR, even if everyone was wearing ballgrowns and tuxes, doesn't have the ambiance of an upscale restaurant. 

My 2 cents is that dress codes are quickly becoming a thing of the past and good riddance. As people from my generation become the "old farts" on the cruises, I can't see anyone still demanding that they be adhered to. Relaxing dress codes has become the trend and will likely continue, at least on the main stream lines. I enjoy dressing for dinner on occasion. But not making an "occasion" out of dinner with hair, makeup, fancy clothes, and 2 hour dinner nightly. Very often you just need to eat a pleasant dinner so that you can make it to the 7:30 show. And I appreciate and show that with my dollars cruise lines that offer that as an option without telling you to go to the  buffet.

As a person who is paying a good deal of hard earned money to purchase a cruise of a particular type, yes it absolutely is my place to have an issue if they are not enforcing them correctly.  If you want to "live and let live" choose a cruise line where that is acceptable - there are many.  If you want to show with your dollars cruise lines that let you show up in whatever you want without having to go to the buffet that's certainly your right - but then Celebrity is not your cruise line.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Oville said:

What does this have to do with:  “MSC Not Tolerating Violation of New C-19 Health Protocols“, the title of this tread?

Like I am the one who started the detour? 🤔   

But the discussion is relevant because we have been comparing ship rules,  their purposes, and their enforcement (e.g., MSC here) or lack of it (e.g., dress codes).

Edited by mayleeman

6 hours ago, sanger727 said:

I think you are bit biased against people who have an opinion different than yours and it skews how you view them.

I'm not biased at all against people that have a different opinion than me. 

However,  when someone doesn't follow rules, policies, or accepted norms of the circumstances , yes, you are correct , it does skew how I look at them.  I doubt I'm the only one. 

7 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

I'm not biased at all against people that have a different opinion than me. 

However,  when someone doesn't follow rules, policies, or accepted norms of the circumstances , yes, you are correct , it does skew how I look at them.  I doubt I'm the only one. 

And yet I told you in my second post that I do follow the dress code. Yet somehow you have skewed this into be me claiming that ‘I have my rights crap’ as you put it; when I’ve never made any statement even close to that effect.... it’s quite puzzling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

As a person who is paying a good deal of hard earned money to purchase a cruise of a particular type, yes it absolutely is my place to have an issue if they are not enforcing them correctly.  If you want to "live and let live" choose a cruise line where that is acceptable - there are many.  If you want to show with your dollars cruise lines that let you show up in whatever you want without having to go to the buffet that's certainly your right - but then Celebrity is not your cruise line.

unfortunately you may be right. I find this thread quite discouraging. The attitudes of the people on it are sooo far off base from my own. Clearly if I choose to cruise celebrity in the future I won’t be trying to meet or talk to people; don’t think we would enjoy each other’s company.