Where was I?

3 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I will also throw out Inuvik, I have a friend in the RCMP who was posted there for many years. He is now the Corps Sergeant Major (The highest ranking NCO in the force)

Lyle, does he carry a staff or pacing stick to signify his high position?

3 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Lyle, does he carry a staff or pacing stick to signify his high position?

I honestly don't know. I don't think He wears the red serge that often. Last time i saw him he was in the "Mess Dress" version of the Red Serge.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Yes it is Yellowknife, spent 4 days there going out looking at the Northern Lights, that pic was taken around midnight  and the temp was around -20 so the teepees came in handy to go into where there was a fire and hot drinks, never saw the light that night but did the next nights. `What a wonderful experience it was.

Glad you had a good time. I spent 7 weeks in the Yukon in 1977 and did see the Aurora once it was in august and it was dark around 0100 hrs when I was out having a look at the sky. It really does feel vast up there.

30 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Les would you please have the floor?, I’m busy cooking the tea.

How gracious of you...ye olde HMS Victory, to be seen at Portsmouth, England, yes Uncle Les has been on board, as a kid and about 5 years, ago, Rip Lord Nelson. Now I have to make my pizza.

Edited by NSWP

53 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Easy for you, I have no idea about ships😂. Can't wait to find out why it is famous🤗

HMS Victory from Battle of Trafalgar, been at Portsmouth for many a year, been on it a couple of times. Vale Lord Horatio Nelson.

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Yes it is Yellowknife, spent 4 days there going out looking at the Northern Lights, that pic was taken around midnight  and the temp was around -20 so the teepees came in handy to go into where there was a fire and hot drinks, never saw the light that night but did the next nights. `What a wonderful experience it was.

That scene was so beautiful.  I can imagine it was a wonderful experience.  Where is Yellowknife?  I guessed the people were in the snow waiting to see the Northern Lights, but I was surprised that the teepees were so brightly lit.  I thought it was best to see the Northern Lights from the dark.  I know they turned the lights out on the ship. 

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

I honestly don't know. I don't think He wears the red serge that often. Last time i saw him he was in the "Mess Dress" version of the Red Serge.

Sgt Majors and certainly Sergeant Major of RCMP carry a pace stick, historic and an entitlement and requirement of office. when I was an army apprentice in England, 63 to 66, our Rsm and csms were from guards regts. Carried pace sticks, measure the stride. If you check youtube there are some docos re pace or pacing sticks, British of course.

Edited by NSWP

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

HMS Victory from Battle of Trafalgar, been at Portsmouth for many a year, been on it a couple of times. Vale Lord Horatio Nelson.

HMS Victory is still a commissioned ship of the British Navy.

I think the oldest commissioned ship in any navy.

Fascinating to tour.

4 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

HMS Victory is still a commissioned ship of the British Navy.

I think the oldest commissioned ship in any navy.

Fascinating to tour.

Indeed it is, some great exhibits in the Pompey Heritage area, you need 3 or 4 days there, my wife was not overly impressed with our diversion to Portsmouth.