Where was I?

41 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

You may find that the Galapagos Islands straddles both hemispheres.

Yes ,they straddle the equator and an interesting fact is that the Islands are moving , albeit 5 cms per year . They are on the Nazca  tectonic plate which is creeping eastwards.

3194494B-CA24-44D1-93E7-51F1E9BE55F1.jpeg.02a30af37df102464af3b3604469ac34.jpeg

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well this seems to have turned into the Mic and ilikeanswers thread. Have fun

Don't worry I wil keep my answers to myself for the rest of the day😜. I will run out of pictures at this rate😂 (or they will be so obscure I'm not sure many people will get them 😳)

2 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Don't worry I wil keep my answers to myself for the rest of the day😜. I will run out of pictures at this rate😂 (or they will be so obscure I'm not sure many people will get them 😳)

I don't think many of get them now!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Since this is an iconic border crossing you can just name one of the towns on either side, though extra points if you can name the fortresses😉:

DSC03662.thumb.JPG.6100392f3256b52e9c70bc52ced2167f.JPG

If I am not mistaken these are two fortresses on the boarder between Russia and Estonia (Narva). The on in the right is the Russian one, while the other one on the left is Estonian. You can tell by the round tower that the one on the right belongs to Russians. The only sad thing about it is that even though the Russian castles is much bigger, the Estonian one is much more nice inside

48 minutes ago, mr walker said:

amazing what we learn on CC. I always had thought that the Galapagos Islands were further south & didn't realise there were so many islands. Learn more on here than I did at school 🙂

My thinking ......

Once you leave school is when your learning starts.

You go to school to learn how to learn .😇

I don't really think this is a "trivia" game. I think Julie was hoping that people would share their own photos of places they had been maybe with a little story about the photo after it was identified. At least give people a chance with something a little less obscure. When the same 2 people are trading back and forth well 🤔

9 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

For me it is like any type of trivia, if you know it (have been there or seen it before) it is easy, if not it is hard.

And if you can remember what you saw.🤐

13 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

If I am not mistaken these are two fortresses on the boarder between Russia and Estonia (Narva). The on in the right is the Russian one, while the other one on the left is Estonian. You can tell by the round tower that the one on the right belongs to Russians. The only sad thing about it is that even though the Russian castles is much bigger, the Estonian one is much more nice inside

Back in the day they were part of the same building complex, it is only because now they are two seperate countries that they are now two buildings. I'm not surprised the Russian one might be a little neglected I think that side is quite poor compared to Estonia. A lot of Narva residents have Russian passports and visit Ivangorod and one of them was telling us "in Narva you struggle to find parking because everyone has a car. In Ivangorod there is lots of parking because hardly anyone has a car".😳

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

That sounds amazing and definetely something to add to our research.

To be fair the Equator runs through the archipelago, maybe this landmark is on the Northern side😜?

San Cristobal and this landmark are at the southern end and definitely in the Southern Hemisphere.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

You may find that the Galapagos Islands straddles both hemispheres.

It does - but your statement said the landmark (not the island group) was in the north when it's very much in the south. 

Only a very small part of the Galapagos is in the north.