Where was I?

4 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

If it makes you feel better a lot of places previously posted that I didn't know either😉.

Sorry, why would it make me feel better to know that? My comment was due to that for the past few photos it just seemed to be you and Mic who knew where the places are whereas earlier on, more people were involved. Which of course might mean people aren't online at the moment.

Edited by possum52
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Bryce Canyon, 

Correct, we visited the Canyon, along with many other national parks back in 2009. The story goes that this place was found accidently when a rancher had lost his cows (the whole herd). When he went looking for them he discovered this canyon and found them down the bottom, they were still alive and grazing down there but it made it tricky to get them back up for the market.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Sorry, why would it make me feel better to know that? My comment was due to that for the past few photos it just seemed to be you and Mic who knew where the places are whereas earlier on, more people were involved. Which of course might mean people aren't online at the moment.

"If it makes you feel better" is just a figure if speech, and I was being a bit tounge in cheek. I wasn't implying anything about your emotions. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I just wanted to point out there have been many picture I had no idea, like you first picture of Vietnam, never seen that in my life, about as obscure to me as my pics are to you😆. Personally I love it when I don't know the pics, because it means another place to add to my go to list😉.

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm just going to try and narrow it down a little. It looks like people are out to watch a show, I'm guessing Aurora Borealis. The shelters seem to be teepees so Northwest Territories in Canada?

That was my thought too Lyle.

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm just going to try and narrow it down a little. It looks like people are out to watch a show, I'm guessing Aurora Borealis. The shelters seem to be teepees so Northwest Territories in Canada?

Come on Lyle, think hard, you could win a free cruise Vancouver to Sydney,!!

43 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I don't really think this is a "trivia" game. I think Julie was hoping that people would share their own photos of places they had been maybe with a little story about the photo after it was identified. At least give people a chance with something a little less obscure. When the same 2 people are trading back and forth well 🤔

I'm not too worried, Lyle. It's good to see some different place than the usual tourist traps although hopefully the people posting them have actually been there. And, yes, it would be nice to learn a little more about the places posted.

Also some days it will end up with just a couple of people posting between themselves, especially if others are busy, but I'd rather see that happen than the thread lapse for lack of players.

1 minute ago, getting older slowly said:

Well I see snow, teepees, cameras on tripods, cold people and there are waiting...

a UFO......lol       lights in the skys

No they are stars mate, you kicked off happy hour way too early, lol👨‍🌾🍷

Yes it is Yellowknife, spent 4 days there going out looking at the Northern Lights, that pic was taken around midnight  and the temp was around -20 so the teepees came in handy to go into where there was a fire and hot drinks, never saw the light that night but did the next nights. `What a wonderful experience it was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1