How will the COVID pandemic end so that cruising can fully resume

SelectSys

5 minutes ago, mammajamma2013 said:

Are you asking about masks/social distancing compliance? I truly believe there are many more people in compliance than the US is being given credit for. I realize our numbers are ridiculously high, but it only takes a few careless/stupid people to spread the virus to a large number of other people.

Everyone I know is in compliance and people I see in the rare instances that I go out are mostly in compliance.  There are always the few that wear a mask under their noses (two out of 20. I count them because it's a compulsion).

That is exactly the point I tried to make earlier and also my observation.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, clo said:

I don't know this for a fact but isn't that as bad as not wearing one at all?

Not on a cruise but sort of a parallel.My wife and I were invited to a wedding via Zoom for those elderly and or disabled. However,there will be 150 people physically there .My thinking is that there will be a lot ,possibly a majority of people not wearing masks.It will be in 3 days.

3 hours ago, Joebucks said:

We always talk about learning from history, yet how many people learned anything in the past 20 years? Virtually none of these pandemics/endemics were contained by vaccine. There is no chance that COVID goes away. It will enter the normal rotation like every other strain we've had and is still here. It will likely become less deadly and/or we will start to achieve immunity.

But... it'll be a miracle...

Sorry containment will take sacrifice and hard work at the cost of some freedom, some cultures and countries have demostrated what is possible, will the other cultures and countries have the courage and fortitude to do it?

I hope so want to cross borders to vacation and cruise, sadly my passport is useless currently. 

• Like 1

In SWFL, we have had maskless folk demonstrating for their "rights" in town hall meetings, one business owner is suing the county to protest and possibly overturn a county wide mask ordinance, and is also running virtually unopposed for public office.  We had spiked at over 10,000 cases daily after Memorial Day and July 4th, yes blame both spring breakers and elderly snowbirds. Our count went down to under 5,000 cases daily after major businesses a instituted mask needed to enter policy after Aug 1, although many think we have serious underreporting here since the Gov fired the independent auditor/case counter.

It's probably 65/35 split between the majority wearing masks and those who do not.  With MIA and FLL being the hotspots still, don't expect any early port openings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Not on a cruise but sort of a parallel.My wife and I were invited to a wedding via Zoom for those elderly and or disabled. However,there will be 150 people physically there .My thinking is that there will be a lot ,possibly a majority of people not wearing masks.It will be in 3 days.

Wow, I'm surprised that they are allowing groups that large.

2 hours ago, electro said:

Wow, I'm surprised that they are allowing groups that large.

Not too long ago the powers that be in our county OK'd outdoor groups up to 100 people.  Of course it was only a coincidence that it happened the day before protest marches were to take place.   🤔