Beverage Package Sale

RC is running a sale on the deluxe beverage package tonight.  I was able to get it at $44 per day plus tax for a sailing on Navigator of the Seas in February.  I went to buy it for my sailing on Symphony of the seas and although it's advertised for $44 the banner says Sells out quickly.  I previously purchased it for the Symphony for $53 so I call RC and they said it's sold out.  I logged back in and it shows available.  I would need to cancel my $53 to see if I could luck out and get the $44.  Every time I add it to my cart it says you already purchased this item.  Anyone else luck out and get this sale?   

Deluxe Beverage Package — 50% OFF

Toast to unlimited options at our lowest price ever. Limited quantity available!

Deluxe%20Bev%20Mosaic_640x384_V2.jpg?resize=312:*&crop=312:184;0,0

DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE — 50% OFF

PRICES STARTING FROM*$44.00 USD Adult per day

11 minutes ago, happygirlchocolate said:

RC is running a sale on the deluxe beverage package tonight.  I was able to get it at $44 per day plus tax for a sailing on Navigator of the Seas in February.  I went to buy it for my sailing on Symphony of the seas and although it's advertised for $44 the banner says Sells out quickly.  I previously purchased it for the Symphony for $53 so I call RC and they said it's sold out.  I logged back in and it shows available.  I would need to cancel my $53 to see if I could luck out and get the $44.  Every time I add it to my cart it says you already purchased this item.  Anyone else luck out and get this sale?   

Toast to unlimited options at our lowest price ever. Limited quantity available!

As soon as I click on check availability it says sold out and the price jumps to $60.  I’d love to know if anyone actually got the lower price or if this is all just a “Bait and switch”

41 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I just posted on the other thread. I was able to get it this morning for our February 22 Navigator  sailing. 

When I tried to purchase it, this is what it shows.  

SORRY! THIS ITEM IS SOLD OUT

MISSED OUT ON THIS OFFER?

Dont worry, the Deluxe Beverage Package is still available for an exclusive pre-cruise discount

Deluxe Beverage Package
1628410.png
1954945.png
deluxeBevBought Banner
Deluxe Beverage Package

Toast to unlimited options with cocktails, beer, non-alcoholic beverages and more.

Yippie.  I was able to get the $44 drink package for both of my cruises.  It took a lot of patience and logging out and back in again but I got it.  I had to cancel my original beverage package on the Symphony sailing in January.  Once I canceled I was able to repurchase it for the $44 price.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As soon as I click on check availability it says sold out and the price jumps to $60.  I’d love to know if anyone actually got the lower price or if this is all just a “Bait and switch”

2 packages available at that price on each sailing, excluding Spring Break😇

9 hours ago, gmerick said:

No luck -- turned down $40 3 months ago on 11 night Anthem on 26 Jan 22.  Still shows $54 today.  It will have to drop a bunch to interest me.

I agree with you.  People forget that you will have to add 18% to the advertised price.  Even on a $40 deal, the actual cost is $47.20.  It adds up fast.

4 hours ago, scooter6251 said:

I agree with you.  People forget that you will have to add 18% to the advertised price.  Even on a $40 deal, the actual cost is $47.20.  It adds up fast.

But when you purchase an individual drink on the ship, they add the 18% too.  So really, if the package is $40, that's about the same as buying a couple of pina coladas, a glass a wine,  a latte and a bottle of water. You'd still have to add the 18% to the onboard prices, so I always look at the bottom line of the package before gratuity.  I know the approximate onboard prices of the drinks I'll likely have.  Taking the gratuity out of the equation when deciding lets me compare 'apples to apples' since I'll be paying that 18% no matter if I get a package or just buy drinks on board as I want them.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, georgemoe said:

Tried to get it yesterday at $42 for our 7 day May 2021 Symphony sailing. By the time I got there SOLD OUT but I could purchase for $60. Nope. Today it's back up to $67.

Sounds like a new gimmick Royal is trying.  They entice people to try and purchase at the "sale" price then offer it to them at a not so good discount in hopes that they bite.  I'm sure they do sell a few at the advertised sale to make it legit.  If they get enough people to purchase at the $60 they won't have to run anymore sales or their sales won't be as low.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rockmom said:

But when you purchase an individual drink on the ship, they add the 18% too.  So really, if the package is $40, that's about the same as buying a couple of pina coladas, a glass a wine,  a latte and a bottle of water. You'd still have to add the 18% to the onboard prices, so I always look at the bottom line of the package before gratuity.  I know the approximate onboard prices of the drinks I'll likely have.  Taking the gratuity out of the equation when deciding lets me compare 'apples to apples' since I'll be paying that 18% no matter if I get a package or just buy drinks on board as I want them.  

I completely agree with you. My point was to make sure and consider the 18% when making your decision.  You are committing to pay this total amount, no matter what you actually drink.  But, of course, the gratuity shows when you start to pay for the package.  So it's not a hidden cost.  I just like to consider everything when spending 100's of bucks.  🤑

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I have cruises for feb. What does it mean my cruise might be locked. I cant get into plan a cruise.

20200827_122515419.jpeg

Usually this happens to me when I call RC and I am still logged into my account.  They tell me I have to log out of the account.  Maybe if you booked through a TA they are still logged into you account.  Or the other person traveling with you logged in and never logged out of the account.

20 hours ago, happygirlchocolate said:

I got it on the Jan Navigator