doing a B2B Can we carry 4 bottles of wine on with us?

leela8

4 minutes ago, leela8 said:

Will they let us carry on 4 bottles for the 2 of us for a B2B? Has anyone had any experience with doing this at Port Evergaldes?

Yes and yes. I carried all four bottles (750 ML each) in the same backpack. 

Edited by davekathy

59 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

The rules are 2 bottle of wine per cabin. Just put 2 in your suitcase and 2 in your carry on. Just dont put all 4 bottles together. Box wine is great for suitcases.

Correct the rule is two 750 ML bottles of wine per stateroom, per cruise so four 750 ML bottles for a B2B cruise. Bad advise concerning putting wine bottles in your checked luggage (suitcase). I also believe Celebrity starting requesting you do not put any allowed beverages (wine, champagne, water, soda) in your checked luggage. Only your carry on(s).  As I mentioned previously you are allowed two 750 ML bottles of wine for each leg of the B2B cruise. Never have we been refused bringing four 750 ML bottles of wine onboard in my backpack for any of our B2B cruises at any embarkation port including Port Everglades. I always print off the second Set Sail pass for just in case, but I've never had to show it to prove we are doing a B2B cruise and hence the reason for the four 750 ML bottles of wine.  

3 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

The rules are 2 bottle of wine per cabin. Just put 2 in your suitcase and 2 in your carry on. Just dont put all 4 bottles together. Box wine is great for suitcases.

A really really bad idea.  It is lots easier to simply buy a few bottles on your first cruise at duty free.  They will be delivered to your cabin last night of cruisses cruise #1.  Enjoy on cruise #2.  

You also can leave the ship on turnaround day and following the rules bring 2 more bottles on board.  Hopefully of good wine not Chateau Cardboard.

Breaking the rules can cause all sorts of issues, plus sneaking cheap wine on board. . . really.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The duty free liquor shop on board does not sell wine, only alcohol.

Correct, but depending where you are sailing you likely will be able to pick some up in one of the ports.  It will be delivered the last evening and then you have it for the next cruise.  The only issue with this is the potential for breakage.  We've only done this a few times, and on one of those times they broke the bottle of liquor we had bought.  Unfortunately they had nothing similar onboard to substitute for it (we had gotten a chocolate tequila in Mexico), so they gave us a replacement that truly was not near the value but we just didn't feel like fighting for a better option.

We did this last year brought on 4 bottles they took two and returned them on last day of first leg. We had drink package for first leg so we saved all wine for dinner on second leg, we were in suite for both so we could drink for free in Micheals . 

20 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Breaking the rules can cause all sorts of issues, plus sneaking cheap wine on board. . . really.

I dont think at the time I was breaking any rules. I brought 6 bottles of wine. We had 3 cabins all side by side. I had 3 suitcases. Sent one suitcase with 2 bottles of wine to each cabin. Only one time did I put a bottle of wine in my carry on. It was a cruise out of England and the wine was taken away at boarding. Give back at the end of the cruise.

We now dont cruise as much with family. We now get the premium drink package and have access to MC or the Retreat.

On 8/29/2020 at 12:30 PM, bigbenboys said:

20 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I dont think at the time I was breaking any rules. I brought 6 bottles of wine. We had 3 cabins all side by side. I had 3 suitcases. Sent one suitcase with 2 bottles of wine to each cabin. Only one time did I put a bottle of wine in my carry on. It was a cruise out of England and the wine was taken away at boarding. Give back at the end of the cruise.

We now dont cruise as much with family. We now get the premium drink package and have access to MC or the Retreat.

Two completely different stories, one way is implying all 4 bottles went to same cabin which is not allowed, the other story follows the rules by sending 2 bottle to each cabin.  No idea how the carry on action fits in.

• 2 years later...

Since the restart and since we are allowed 4 bottles per cabin can we bring on 6 bottles on embarkation on the first leg?

If they hold 2, anyone know how they are stored, don't want them getting so hot they are ruined?

On 8/29/2020 at 1:30 PM, bigbenboys said:

Pretty sure it's now 2 per person. So unless you're in a single stateroom 4 should not be an issue as the assumption would be 2 per person - ergo 2 people could have 4 bottles.

On 8/29/2020 at 10:29 AM, leela8 said:

Will they let us carry on 4 bottles for the 2 of us for a B2B? Has anyone had any experience with doing this at Port Evergaldes?

We are just off a cruise out of Port Everglades. The new Celebrity rule is 2 bottles of wine per person, so yes you can bring on 4 bottles at the start of your B2B. I suggest you also have a copy of the cruise contract that Celebrity sends you on your cell phone so you can show them if the screening agent is unfamiliar with the 2 bottles/person rule change. As an FYI, you can also take a quick trip to a store on your turn around day and bring back 4 more bottles of wine for the 2nd leg of your trip. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 7:29 AM, leela8 said:

You can carry 8, just let them hold 4 hostage for the first cruise and then collect the next 4 for the second half.

No one actually inventories the bottles so carrying on four and putting four in the luggage you give to porters is the best way to get them on without breaking any rules.  I accidently carried on three bottles in the same backpack when the rule was still only two per stateroom; guessing many of the x-ray folks don't care.