September 4 update

brenderlou

What changes did they make?

• European & Transatlantic sailings through the end of November.

• Australia season through October 31st, 2020.

• Odyssey of the Seas sailings from November 5th, 2020 through April 17th, 2021 will be cancelled. Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, we’ll need additional time to complete the Odyssey of the Seas’ scheduled construction.

• Liberty of the Seas’ amplification has been postponed to a later date, and the ship will now sail to Galveston earlier than planned. Regrettably, only one ship can dock at the Galveston pier at a time, so we have to cancel our February 14, 2021 Jewel of the Seas cruise.

• After consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association, and in conjunction with the CDC, we’ve decided to cancel some additional sailings departing from China. The following Spectrum of the Seas and Quantum of the Seas sailings have now been cancelled:

◦ Spectrum of the Seas sailings through September 27th, 2020

◦ Quantum of the Seas sailings through October 28th, 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

Well, not sure what’s been updated but stay tuned for more - in regards to the Australia sailings at least (which hasn’t been updated above).

The Australian Govt announced yesterday that international travel & cruise ship arrivals ban has been extended until at least Dec 17, 2020.

It was previously Sept 17, 2020.

Royal today removed all the sailings up till Dec 17 from the website, they were there yesterday.

i haven’t received any notification about the cancellation of my Nov 13 cruise but expecting an email will show up soon and I will then submit my request for refund.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

They may make a very small adjustment (the Liberty language may be updated) or nothing at all and call it updated.

There is something posted elsewhere, saying that rcl will wait until the end of sept to update us on changes, after the health board is done. 

20200904_125631142.jpeg

• Like 1

I've spoken to  executives from Carnival and Norwegian and they don't expect any sailings before mid 2021 unless a rapid, inexpensive, widespread vaccine is available.

At this point, not only are the ports closed to cruise passengers almost everywhere, the cruise  lines still have to staff and provision the ships.  And the caveat that as Americans, hardly anyone is letting us in their country.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

I've spoken to  executives from Carnival and Norwegian and they don't expect any sailings before mid 2021 unless a rapid, inexpensive, widespread vaccine is available.

At this point, not only are the ports closed to cruise passengers almost everywhere, the cruise  lines still have to staff and provision the ships.  And the caveat that as Americans, hardly anyone is letting us in their country.

Someone on the carnival board says he spoke to a employee who said carnival told him to expect a contract and some sailings by december. 

Who is right? Who knows

20200904_143011504.jpeg

Edited by firefly333

By now I guess that all ships throughout the fleet are operating with skeleton staff. Once RCL decides to start operations again, you will need to expect for each ship a process of at least 3 months once it will be up and running. It doesn't currently look that this process has commenced at all.

Hence, I doubt we will see the first "trial" cruises commence before January and this will likely be on a handfull of ships on itinararies not even known / published yet, talking for the US. Maybe we can see 1 or 2 ships starting the "experiment" earlier in Asia, let's see.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Someone on the carnival board says he spoke to a employee who said carnival told him to expect a contract and some sailings by december. 

Who is right? Who knows

20200904_143011504.jpeg

I literally spoke  with the Vice President of Norwegian, not an employee.  His family is in my restaurant every week.

I literally spoke  with the Vice President of Norwegian, not an employee.  His family is in my restaurant every week.

Ok but I also read where a bartender is getting a contract for December. Different cruise lines, different decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 hours ago, BecAus said:

Well, not sure what’s been updated but stay tuned for more - in regards to the Australia sailings at least (which hasn’t been updated above).

The Australian Govt announced yesterday that international travel & cruise ship arrivals ban has been extended until at least Dec 17, 2020.

It was previously Sept 17, 2020.

Royal today removed all the sailings up till Dec 17 from the website, they were there yesterday.

i haven’t received any notification about the cancellation of my Nov 13 cruise but expecting an email will show up soon and I will then submit my request for refund.

I got nervous reading this post so I went to RC website looking for my December cruise.  IT'S GONE.  Panic struck in so against my better judgement ( I know clogging up the phone lines, don't be mad) I called and the guy said..... wait for it...... (I know things can still change but my mind is at ease at least for now)...... Crusiees are set to sail November 1st. !!!!!! Mine is out of Galveston.

56 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

I'm not booked until the end of February. I guess I'm not willing to write off my rcl cruises that easily without knowing for sure. There are some good prices in april but if you are right those are a no go too. 

But I am ready to write off 2020, just not sure when in 2021 they restart some. The countries who might let us in like belize, I'm not sure I'd consider safe from covid. But of course I'm worried about next February bookings I have. .. but my crystal ball is fuzzy. Not sure I'm willing to concede half of 2021 is a no go.