Social Distancing- The Upside

molly361

Unfortunately, some people just do not understand what social distancing means.  Those same people are also those who do not know how to wear a mask.

If cruising does start before our May 2021 sailing, I better start working out on a stair climber now.  Glad we are on deck 10 and not deck 17!

• Like 3

I find it interesting that people think that we'll never go back to the old normal.  I think within 2-3 years we'll be back to the old normal as between vaccines and other measures, as well as what happens to a lot of viruses-changing to less deadly, more like the common cold-the fear will dissipate.  This is not forever.  

We also request a large table on cruises as we love to meet people.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

At least now maybe our table for 2 won't have the next couple as their table for 2 a foot or less away from us😇

So how do you think the cruise lines will adjust if the dining room capacity is reduced?  Will they sail at much reduced capacity?  Will they convert other common areas to dining areas?  Or perhaps will they just length the dining times so you may need to eat much later or earlier.

49 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

So how do you think the cruise lines will adjust if the dining room capacity is reduced?  Will they sail at much reduced capacity?  Will they convert other common areas to dining areas?  Or perhaps will they just length the dining times so you may need to eat much later or earlier.

Temporary reduction in overall passenger capacity 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Most of my cruises appear to be heavily booked.  It's going to be sad to see others get their reservations cancelled.  😉

The question is who will get cancelled?   Ask for volunteers? 

I actually like the social distancing...and have tried to do this long before the virus. I just hate when people get all up in your face....squeeze themselves into an obviously full elevator.....stand so close when in line etc etc.

Social distancing = it's a good thing :classic_biggrin:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Many of those cabins are in hands of TA blocks. Simply: Most TA's won't sell all their inventory and after all there will be lots of individual cancellations.

MSC has revoked the restart of a ship for low demand and the other ship that has already restarted seems to be arguably below their own imposed capacity limit. I believe this will be the same industry wise. Cruising will need time to return to the normal...

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Unfortunately, some people just do not understand what social distancing means.  Those same people are also those who do not know how to wear a mask.

If cruising does start before our May 2021 sailing, I better start working out on a stair climber now.  Glad we are on deck 10 and not deck 17!

Pro already, haven't been on a Cruise Elevator in almost 20yrs.

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

No need, when they start back up will be less Capacity. Read somewhere Carnival is shooting at 70% Max passengers... Long as they still allow it I'll eat in my Cabin...

Edited by ONECRUISER

11 hours ago, njkruzer said:

That will be very easy. If the need arises they will simply cancel the booked itineraries completely cancel everybody and put the ship up for a different (maybe even just slightly different) cruise and sell that as a new cruise at limited capacity.

A bit like following the currently sailing ships who have had their scheduled itineraries cancelled and come up with itineraries that they sail now and nobody gets moved shifted from the original cruises to these.

5 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

If the need arises they will simply cancel the booked itineraries completely cancel everybody and put the ship up for a different (maybe even just slightly different) cruise and sell that as a new cruise at limited capacity.

Very unlikely RCI will cancel a cruise and try to refill it close to sailing. More likely, like they do now on oversold sailings, they'll entice people to move/cancel themselves.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Very unlikely RCI will cancel a cruise and try to refill it close to sailing. More likely, like they do now on oversold sailings, they'll entice people to move/cancel themselves.

But what if its a current 7 day itinerary that becomes a 3 day

Very often, when I am cruising alone, and the buffet only has tables for four, and a man and his wife ask if they can join me after my dinner is half finished while I was enjoying sitting alone, and then they take over the conversation and then they invite another couple friend of theirs to join us pulling over a fifth chair....it happens a lot.. social distancing will be much appreciated..   LOL

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But what if its a current 7 day itinerary that becomes a 3 day

I was wondering if that might be a possibility but still thinking that only the ships that already do the short trips will start out first.

• Like 1