Anyone recently booked a cruise yet? I'm tempted.

Ihearttravel11

I have $500 in Carnival GC's and am seriously tempted to book a cruise. Not until 2021, at least, though.
There seem to be some decent prices out there, and I am still mourning my cancellation for my Feb cruise on the soon to be, if not already, scrapped Imagination.
Have you booked yet? Are you holding out? Are you tempted too?
I am just worried that if something happens with CCL that I would be out my $.
Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Ihearttravel11 said:

I have $500 in Carnival GC's and am seriously tempted to book a cruise. Not until 2021, at least, though.
There seem to be some decent prices out there, and I am still mourning my cancellation for my Feb cruise on the soon to be, if not already, scrapped Imagination.
Thoughts?

My husband and I along with 10 other family members were booked on the Legend's cruise to Norway, June 2020. We are the only two who decided to put our money toward another cruise. Last week we booked the Legend's June 25, 2021 cruise to Scotland and Ireland. We hope some of our other family will follow. If not, we will still have a great time. We have a lot of on board credit. The gift shop maybe my new best friend.

Bobbie

• Like 1

I just rebooked ccl for next sept a couple weeks ago. I had a $100 obc incentive to book I lost, only got $50 this time and prices went higher.

I wished I'd booked sooner and further out tbh. Prices sky high to me for having a pandemic around. No 7 day bargains on ccl out of Galveston. 

5 on rcl, next up b2b feb I'm worried about. Att feb 2021 seemed far away. Book out a ways is my advise.

I have a Legend cruise in August of 2021 that I booked before the pandemic.    But I am holding off on booking anything else.   I took a refund for my canceled May 2020 British isles cruise on NCL.  Despite many temptations when I research cruises, something I can't seem to stop doing, I want to wait to make a future booking until the mainstream lines are up and running and until I know how the experience will be different.  

May we all safely be onboard something, somewhere, sometime SOON!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I thought maybe I was jumping the gun a bit. I am tempted to do Feb 2021 again, but still unsure. I may do a July 2021, or even 2022, just to be safe. Now to figure out where to go!
I would love to do Alaska, but it IS pricey, and we still need to get a Vegas trip in too for our son's college graduation.
Decisions, decisions!!

I am glad y'all responded. I feel better about moving forward now.

• Like 1

Just close your eyes and put your finger on the next five years of calendars and whatever month and year your finger lands on, book a cruise.  Also, be prepared to have your money tied up for weeks or months in case of cancellation and refunds.

No year or month now or in the future is safe from cancellations because of viruses, hurricanes, family issues, health, etc., that will influence the cruise industry.

So far, Carnival has been offering generous OBC incentives to re-book, however, I think these generous OBC's will end and incentives to re-book will not be hard monetary offers but incentives to use onboard that do not affect the bottom line so directly.  In my case, I have a re-booked cruise for 2021 with an $800 OBC.  This OBC will cover all my expenses on that cruise.  I don't purchase shore excursions, souvenirs, photos, items from the Fun Shops, etc.  The $800 OBC will cover gratuities and an occasional alcoholic beverage.  My point is, I will not be spending any extra money over and above the OBC on this cruise.

I think Carnival will be creative the next time around and instead of OBC's they will offer dinner for two in the Steakhouse (they can save money by cutting back on the menu and portion size), bag of candy from Cherry on Top, two free cocktails, a complimentary Bingo card, one wash and fold laundry service, etc.

Before Covid I already had Mardi Gras for 2021 and Glory for the “Sailabration” in 2022.

I have taken advantage of some good prices for 2021 this summer. When my 2/27 Breeze cruise was canceled I replaced it with a Vista cruise the same week. That is the cheapest 7-day cruise I have booked. 

Then I used a FCC for Alaska next year since the price was good, the right room opened up, and the $600 OBC will come in handy with the excursion prices in Alaska.

I’ve been looking at August 2022 but prices are pretty high for the ones I’m interested in. I have another FCC I’ll likely use on a 2023 Celebration cruise when they open it up.

Edited by Saint Greg

Since my cruise is cancelled for Sept I figure I have nothing to lose. I rolled it over to November, but seriously doubt the cruise will still sail.

Just curious, for those who have had 2 cruises in a row cancelled, do they give you the added up OBC? (roll it over?)  I got 300 for my Sept cruise and if Nov cancels, I will receive 600 OBC if I roll over the $$$'s again, will I then have 900 OBC? If not, I may as well get a refund.

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Sillyjilly said:

Since my cruise is cancelled for Sept I figure I have nothing to lose. I rolled it over to November, but seriously doubt the cruise will still sail.

Just curious, for those who have had 2 cruises in a row cancelled, do they give you the added up OBC? (roll it over?)  I got 300 for my Sept cruise and if Nov cancels, I will receive 600 OBC if I roll over the $$$'s again, will I then have 900 OBC? If not, I may as well get a refund.

Thanks!

Each offer supersedes the previous offer. 

I already had the Mardi Gras for 2021.  I look and I look and I look, and then sometimes I think I will, then I talk myself out of it.  I'll wait and see if they have a booking special for the Celebration next month.

Edited by naxer

6 hours ago, Ihearttravel11 said:

Thoughts?

If something happens to CCL such as a bankruptcy you are likely out your dollars whether they are on deposit or in the form of GC.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

My thought exactly, although we still have several cruises I booked prior to this pandemic. Hopefully eventually one of them won’t be cancelled. 

Agree. I'll wait until cruising actually resumes under the conditions I find acceptable to start reserving again -- just as I'll wait for the reservation system at WDW to disappear and re-introduce the entertainment options I enjoy before I renew my Annual Passes that expired during the pandemic.

The remaining two I booked prior to the pandemic are still active, for now. Only one cruise of mine was impacted but several land vacations were. Oh well, I'll replace them with new options once I'm ready to -- already have some ideas for them.

I booked a cruise aboard MSC Seaside for Feb 2021 about a month ago. I simply couldn’t pass it up:

- $165 pp (plus $98 tax) for 7 nights in a balcony stateroom
- $100 per cabin onboard credit

- $100 per cabin deposit

- Cancel for any reason until 48 hours prior to departure

- Double past guest points. 

I don’t have anything else planned for 2021, and this cruise is just something to look forward to, at least until I get a clearer picture about what cruising will look like going forward. But it’s far from being some dream or bucket list cruise. It was just a dirt cheap cruise from a port I can drive to. If it happens, great, if not I won’t be devastated. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I booked a cruise aboard MSC Seaside for Feb 2021 about a month ago. I simply couldn’t pass it up:

- $165 pp (plus $98 tax) for 7 nights in a balcony stateroom
- $100 per cabin onboard credit

- $100 per cabin deposit

- Cancel for any reason until 48 hours prior to departure

- Double past guest points. 

I don’t have anything else planned for 2021, and this cruise is just something to look forward to, at least until I get a clearer picture about what cruising will look like going forward. But it’s far from being some dream or bucket list cruise. It was just a dirt cheap cruise from a port I can drive to. If it happens, great, if not I won’t be devastated. 

That's a fantastic deal. I'm sure you'll have an awesome time.

• Like 1