New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

I msg'd them and they said I am part of a "group booking" because I went through a TA and my window is Oct 16-30 but it could happen earlier.

I'm also locked out of my cruise planner and can't cancel the DBPs that they are going to cancel when they move me anyway. 

I am so happy I decided to take the cancel on Adv/Jewel Aug 5th.

Jewel has only 3 solo rooms and Adv had 5.  

Besides I have never had any cruise line assign me a room and I am not about to start now.

I just do not understand why Adventure and Jewel had to be swapped.  Any one know this.

All the problems it caused and makes no sense.

10 hours ago, jtintex said:

I msg'd them and they said I am part of a "group booking" because I went through a TA and my window is Oct 16-30 but it could happen earlier.

I'm also locked out of my cruise planner and can't cancel the DBPs that they are going to cancel when they move me anyway. 

I was told also that we're part of a group booking but we only have until Oct. 16th to cancel. Hopefully we'll all be reassigned by then. 

25 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Besides I have never had any cruise line assign me a room and I am not about to start now.

I just do not understand why Adventure and Jewel had to be swapped.  Any one know this.

Adventure is a much better ship for the 4/5 day cruises that they now have her doing.  Those cater to families.   I’m on that sailing as well and while I would have preferred Adventure we real won’t be on the ship much other than the couple sea days. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 11:16 AM, rockmom said:

I totally get your frustration.  I was booked on Brilliance in an aft balcony that we chose specifically because those have the huge balcony on them.  We did pay slightly more (when choosing on the deck plan, it was one that said for XXX amount more, you could choose one of those), but we love the aft balcony rooms so we went for it.  Well, that category is different on Indy which is what our cruise moved to.  So they moved us to a balcony on the side of the ship and called it good.  When I spoke to the rep, she actually could see that we had paid a bit more to have that aft balcony than what the price of the regular ones had been. She sent it over to resolutions so we'll see if I get a little something back, but I'm not holding my breath.  

I did have a slight panic attack when they sent the new invoice, which I had to ask for--I have yet to get an email telling me my sailing has changed to a new ship, and definitely no notice about getting a stateroom assigned.  Thanks to CC and logging into my account on Royal's site, I was able to figure it all out.  Anyway, my new invoice shows my now basic balcony for 2 people to be $6300.  Say what?  I don't think so.  😲😫👎🙄   I was told I'd get a new, corrected one by probably Wednesday.  

We were also on the Brilliance july 3 in an great aft balcony. No email yet, but saw in my online planner that they also gave us an side spacious balcony cabin on the Independance way up front. Called & was able to change it to a mid ship one in same category. He told me that most of the aft balcony cabins on the Independance were suites. Oh well. My confirmation email said we owed several thousand of dollars, where I had paid in full. He did tell me that the correct monies werent tranferred yet to the booking.

8 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I just do not understand why Adventure and Jewel had to be swapped.  Any one know this.

Royal simply decided to provide less capacity for Baltic abd North Europe cruises due to expected changed demand. After many years with Jewel and her sisters in the Baltic this would have been the first year with a bigger ship but the market changed and they expect especially less Americans to travel to Europe next summer. Vice versa European cruise lines with mainly European guests will focus more on cruises in Europe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EZ1 said:

We were also on the Brilliance july 3 in an great aft balcony. No email yet, but saw in my online planner that they also gave us an side spacious balcony cabin on the Independance way up front. Called & was able to change it to a mid ship one in same category. He told me that most of the aft balcony cabins on the Independance were suites. Oh well. My confirmation email said we owed several thousand of dollars, where I had paid in full. He did tell me that the correct monies werent tranferred yet to the booking.

Brilliance has 18 aft balcony cabins that are not suites.  Indy has 16 aft balcony cabins that are not suites.  But the issue is that they are different categories between the two ships.  Ours on Brilliance was a 4B.  On Indy, most are classified as 4D/5D. The four that are 'B' category are for 3 to 4 people and if you just have two people, they didn't move you into one of those, nor did they move you into any of the D category ones.  Ditto for hump balcony cabins, the categories are different and they wouldn't budge.  So annoying.   

• Like 1

I hadn't decided what I wanted to do with Brilliance Miami to Boston being cancelled and my email stated that I had to Oct 31st to decide. 

RCI went ahead and cancelled my booking and would have had to wait for the 45 days for the deposit to come back.  Thankfully my travel agent says he knows I am good for the money and if I see something else he can book it for me.  I know other's who are booking the Jewel Iceland and Greenland TA but it isn't showing up on the UK and Ireland booking sites yet :-(

53 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I hadn't decided what I wanted to do with Brilliance Miami to Boston being cancelled and my email stated that I had to Oct 31st to decide. 

RCI went ahead and cancelled my booking and would have had to wait for the 45 days for the deposit to come back.  Thankfully my travel agent says he knows I am good for the money and if I see something else he can book it for me.  I know other's who are booking the Jewel Iceland and Greenland TA but it isn't showing up on the UK and Ireland booking sites yet 😞

The August Jewel Transatlantic isn't on RCI's web site in the US, either

So I checked my planner yesterday and saw that my cancel request had not happened for Aug 5th on Adv and still active.  Then I peeked at room assignment and I got one of the solos afterall. Was happy to see that.

So I called and had them put back active status and  correct the price from 4600 back to 1500 for base price.

So anyone else who might want to change their mind for Aug 5th should call since perhaps cancel requests are pending.

Anyone still on the 5th, I hope to see ya and will look for roll call next spring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

So I checked my planner yesterday and saw that my cancel request had not happened for Aug 5th on Adv and still active.  Then I peeked at room assignment and I got one of the solos afterall. Was happy to see that.

So I called and had them put back active status and  correct the price from 4600 back to 1500 for base price.

So anyone else who might want to change their mind for Aug 5th should call since perhaps cancel requests are pending.

Anyone still on the 5th, I hope to see ya and will look for roll call next spring.

See you on board.  Mari started the roll call last week, quite a few posts already.  Congrats!

On 10/1/2020 at 12:10 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

See you on board.  Mari started the roll call last week, quite a few posts already.  Congrats!

thanks.  hoping we go as I want to see Visby the cute island off Sweden.  Also want to see Riga as well.

The other ports I have done but only did one day in St. Pete.

toodles I will look for the roll call.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

thanks.  hoping we go as I want to see Visby the cute island off Sweden.  Also want to see Riga as well.

The other ports I have done but only did one day in St. Pete.

toodles I will look for the roll call.

I posted some links in the roll call but there’s a huge Medieval Festival in Visby the week we are there.

3 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

August 31, 2021
COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
CRUISING
CRUISING
AKUREYRI, ICELAND
REYKJAVIK, ICELAND
CRUISING
CRUISING
CRUISING
ST.JOHN'S, NEWFOUNDLAND
SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA
CRUISING
BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS

Thank you! I like northern TA itineraries, as the sea days are better distributed

Edited by NancyIL