Holland America Line: Not ONE word since Covid-19 lockdown

PiscesMan

14 hours ago, leerathje said:

I am opted in for email and for mail, but I have never received ANY communication from HAL....even before COVID.  Could it be because I have a TA? 

We have been receiving frequent HAL cruise notices, and we have always used a TA.

I have rarely gotten emails from HAL offering any promotions, or even just for cruises with no promotions. This has gone on for decades. 
The only time I get anything is shortly after I adjust my account back to opting in for email and snail mail, then I get only a couple, and it stops. Again. I have never opted out of mailings from HAL, but it seems to just default to it every time they make a change in programming, or some such timing. It has not one thing to do with ME opting out. 

I'll go back in, again, and opt in, again, and see if I get any notices about possible cruises. See how long it lasts this time. 

52 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

We get probably 6 or 8 emails from HAL per week. The OP is not on HAL's email list for some reason. 

Neither are we, apparently 😉. I checked and yes, we are both opted in.

This has happened to me in the past.  A HAL rep told me that when one has a cruise booked, especially one such as GWV, etc., one is automatically removed from receiving promotional mail or email.  This may or may not be fact (It is HAL, after all).  I usually call to have that removal overridden, explaining that I often do cruise research for family and friends.

2 hours ago, mame42 said:

This has happened to me in the past.  A HAL rep told me that when one has a cruise booked, especially one such as GWV, etc., one is automatically removed from receiving promotional mail or email.  This may or may not be fact (It is HAL, after all).  I usually call to have that removal overridden, explaining that I often do cruise research for family and friends.

Don't think this is true...have 2 cruises booked in 2021, one 24 days in length, and have never received as many emails from HAL as we have the last 3 or 4 months.

• Like 2

We have been getting several emails a week from HAL including their “private sales” promo.  We have also received a phone call from our PCC since we cancelled our two Europe cruises months ago.  

We currently have no HAL cruises booked so maybe that’s why we keep getting the emails? 

Yesterday we received a Oceania brochure and a week ago one from Viking.

That’s pretty much it, as before Covid we were inundated with brochures from other lines. Not that many from Holland America as we already had many bookings.

Sure it’s a cost cutting measure and we also expect our Mariner complimentary Food & Wine Magazine will not to be renewed.

Hard times and we just hope Holland America survives and our three back to backs next September on the new MS Rotterdam actually happen.🤞🤞

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 1

We received a lovely Silverseas brochure in today's mail. Interesting itinerary in Jan 2022 for like 164 or so days starting at a mere 99K with some OK perks for the full cruise. Starts in Ushuaia and ends, as I recall in Iceland if I recall correctly. Today is trash day, so it's gone now! Think I'll jump right on it!

😏

19 hours ago, Sundagger said:

I'm a mid - 3 star Mariner and still get email from my PCC and snail mail from HAL. I had an Alaskan Cruise booked in an SA suite for this past May. I had to get a refund for that (and credit from Delta). I've gone through booking for another Alaskan Cruise for next May, but stopped short of actually booking it. I'm not sure if there will be cruising from Canada by next May.

I’m not sure that Canada will be open in the spring either.......  but let’s hope they are.  

Mrs Banjo and I are 4 star mariners, but I don’t think I have ever heard from a PCC at HAL.  We have one for Seabourn and Silversea and Regent, But somehow we have eluded HAL’s list.  In any event, we are hopeful that Cruising resumes EARLY IN 2021 because not planning our next cruise travel adventure is getting boring!  This and another board helps keep our minds in the right place, so thank you all!

• Like 1

My cancelled TA is scheduled to sail October 17.It was cancelled May 6, it was paid in full several months before and the only email I've gotten from HAL was one canceling my April Maasdam cruise after they sold the ship. I've emailed them several times, and haven't gotten answers to those even! I haven't been refunded a penny yet. 

4 hours ago, mame42 said:

The HAL rep was wrong.  I have one more HAL cruise booked, the Grand Africa in Oct. 2021, and receive emails several times a week with promotions. So you're not automatically removed from the mailing lists.  I don't recall if there have been any HAL brochures mailed to us lately, but Oceania won't give up on us.  Never cruised Oceania and still receive tons of brochures in the mail.

11 hours ago, travelholics said:

I think it is because we live in Canada

Maybe. Maybe not. It happens to Americans in the US, too. 

It used to be speculated that HAL stopped sending offers when a cruise was booked, but I doubt that, too. I have no cruises booked right now, having canceled one and one canceled out from under me by HAL. Nothing from HAL has come. No emails; no snail mails. I even have a FCD to use, and HAL isn't trying to get me to use it. 

I give up. If I want to know about promos, offers, and interesting itineraries, I can learn about them reading CC. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

Maybe. Maybe not. It happens to Americans in the US, too. 

It used to be speculated that HAL stopped sending offers when a cruise was booked, but I doubt that, too. I have no cruises booked right now, having canceled one and one canceled out from under me by HAL. Nothing from HAL has come. No emails; no snail mails. I even have a FCD to use, and HAL isn't trying to get me to use it. 

I give up. If I want to know about promos, offers, and interesting itineraries, I can learn about them reading CC. 

Agree.  I know of Canadians receiving promotional emails.  But I am annoyed about not receiving private sale emails when I might be interested or looking for a cruise before my next scheduled one.  My annoyance has abated since there aren't any cruises right now but once they start again, I'll be annoyed again.  Thank heavens we have CC to learn about many promos and interesting itineraries!