Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Well done for volunteering.

I hope everything goes well.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, I just wish that they could get enough people to take part.  My nephew is a medical research scientist and asked all of our family to take part.  None of the young ones were prepared to do it because they have concerns about the possibility of having isolate.  I am the only "old one" who has been accepted, possibly because I am the only one who has no underlying conditions.

• Like 2

Just now, wowzz said:

John, you missed the "equivalent to" bit of the report.

No I glossed over it as most other posters do with the data they don't want deep discussion about. 😋 However Dave did  suggest a fleet, and implied centralised distribution, which certainly would not be required with regional manufacture.

• Haha 1

I know it's the Daily Fail, but we've commented such a lot on the confusion regarding restrictions (with which i agree entirely) I actually thought this map was quite good in terms of the tick lists and varying restrictions around the country.  Of course it can change any minute and almost certainly will but it was the clearest picture I'd seen of the differences - at least it helped me to compare.  It doesn't address all the anomalies we read about but if you want what I think is a fairly clear representation of the rules, I don't think this is bad.  As I said before though, don't expect it to be valid for long........😞

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8788591/The-map-Britains-coronavirus-rules.html

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That must the exaggeration to crown all others, Boeing only ever built just over 1500 747's in total!!!!   And manufacture will be spread around the world, which will reduce the time and distance anyway.

I used the word equivalents!

see this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54067499

Edited by davecttr

36 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Is anyone on here taking part in any of the clinical trials of the potential vaccines?

I have been "invited" to take part in the phase 3 clinical trial of the Novavax vaccine.  It will be administered in 2 doses 3 weeks apart and I will have regular checkups over the next 56 weeks.  I have decided to go ahead with the trial because although there is always a chance of problems with any clinical trial they are vital to medicine moving forward.  I am currently waiting for my first vaccination appointment and I will keep you posted on how it goes.

My husband volunteered for the Southampton one but when we got the paper work through it did involve a lot of your time going to the clinic every two weeks first for a couple of months then once a month for routine test for a whole year and because I have a autoimmune disorder I wasn’t happy him doing it !!  He’s x military and over the years had all sorts of injections from the army 😱 but is still very fit and no ailments, my hat goes off to you Josy it’s people like you that is helping us all , a big thank you 👏

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

I know it's the Daily Fail, but we've commented such a lot on the confusion regarding restrictions (with which i agree entirely) I actually thought this map was quite good in terms of the tick lists and varying restrictions around the country.  Of course it can change any minute and almost certainly will but it was the clearest picture I'd seen of the differences - at least it helped me to compare.  It doesn't address all the anomalies we read about but if you want what I think is a fairly clear representation of the rules, I don't think this is bad.  As I said before though, don't expect it to be valid for long........😞

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8788591/The-map-Britains-coronavirus-rules.html

I have already sent in my objection to this map, West Yorkshire has been included in the North West region, I am not a happy bunny.:classic_ohmy:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Just picked up on this from another forum, this suggest the entire UK could be immunised in 10 months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-54375643

Well that looks a bit more promising.  Let's hope It's right.  It will still take some time for it to be completely rolled out if all goes to plan but I think many of us will just be pleased to see a light at the end of the tunnel.  Living with the restrictions I will find easier with a timescale for things to begin to improve.

55 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Is anyone on here taking part in any of the clinical trials of the potential vaccines?

I have been "invited" to take part in the phase 3 clinical trial of the Novavax vaccine.  It will be administered in 2 doses 3 weeks apart and I will have regular checkups over the next 56 weeks.  I have decided to go ahead with the trial because although there is always a chance of problems with any clinical trial they are vital to medicine moving forward.  I am currently waiting for my first vaccination appointment and I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Well done .... and thank you.  All the very best!  🤗

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

My husband volunteered for the Southampton one but when we got the paper work through it did involve a lot of your time going to the clinic every two weeks first for a couple of months then once a month for routine test for a whole year and because I have a autoimmune disorder I wasn’t happy him doing it !!  He’s x military and over the years had all sorts of injections from the army 😱 but is still very fit and no ailments, my hat goes off to you Josy it’s people like you that is helping us all , a big thank you 👏

+1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Thanks Graham, I just wish that they could get enough people to take part.  My nephew is a medical research scientist and asked all of our family to take part.  None of the young ones were prepared to do it because they have concerns about the possibility of having isolate.  I am the only "old one" who has been accepted, possibly because I am the only one who has no underlying conditions.

yes, good for you.  I would certainly take part.  Another oldie with no underlying conditions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

It is pouring down, more important there is a distinct smell of gas in my porch where the gas meter is located, I thought I had smelt it for a few days but now need to report it. Last time 30 years ago they had to replace all the pipework inside the house 😱

The good news is if you have COVID you may well not be able to smell it at all 🤔

edit- Ooops wrong topic again

Funny isn't Dave, there's a poster on another thread with the same problem as you. Either that or I'm experiencing a sense of deja vu😵😉

Avril

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

A big thank you from me as well Josey and I can assure you if it wasn't for my underlying health conditions

I would be right there with you . Best wishes & good luck with the tests :classic_smile:

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I see Ludlow has just posted a load of meaningless guff on various social media sites, talking about how hard P&O have been working to develop new protocols, and how these will make cruising safer in the future. Not a single fact in the whole piece -just a complete waste of time. 

"A message from P&O Cruises president, Paul Ludlow

Today, the UK Government has recognised the huge efforts the cruise industry is making in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, as a framework for the cruise industry is published.  This, in turn, is enabling us to develop new and enhanced protocols to protect the health of everyone on board our ships. 

This framework is the culmination of months of hard work and collaboration between the global cruise industry, health experts and UK Government bodies at the very highest level. 

The framework has led to the ongoing development of P&O Cruises protocols which will protect the health and wellbeing of our guests, crew and the communities we visit and will enable you to book a holiday with P&O Cruises with the confidence that we will be looking after you even before you step on board. 

We will be publishing these in the near future and they will cover the time you book your holiday; just before you travel; boarding at the terminal; your holiday with us; exploring the destinations and once you return home.

These will be continuously evaluated and adjusted as the scientific understanding of Covid-19 improves so you can be sure that they reflect the very latest guidance.

They will demonstrate our uncompromising commitment to ensuring you will have the most wonderful holiday with us, with the reassurance that from a public health perspective we are doing the right thing, at all times.
Although this does not mean an imminent return to service, when the time is right we very much look forward to seeing you on board."

It reads as rehash of previous statements!! There's nothing new there as far as I can see.

Avril

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Thanks for your public spiritedness. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

That must the exaggeration to crown all others, Boeing only ever built just over 1500 747's in total!!!!   And manufacture will be spread around the world, which will reduce the time and distance anyway.

But I'm sure he has the statistics to back that up.🤔

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you. That's a brave and considerate thing you're doing. Many people are willing to preach they're personal theories on the viability of these vaccines to anyone who would listen, but I wonder how many would be willing to step up when asked to prove them. 

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Ah, but was it in the Daily Fail. Can it be true?.Please don't confuse the issue with facts. Far better to make them up. 🤣

Too true zap, we have to doubt 

Everything.

image.png.4fceef438aa9f1d98e57da21b7043715.png

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you. That's a brave and considerate thing you're doing. Many people are willing to preach they're personal theories on the viability of these vaccines to anyone who would listen, but I wonder how many would be willing to step up when asked to prove them. 

Avril

Agree. If asked I would put my hand up😁. This virus will not go away until there is a vaccine and that won't happen without brave folks to take part in the trials. I wonder how they will feel when the anti vaxxer sooth saying doom and gloom mongers spout their........... As some would say negativitynincompoopery.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Are we trying for CC's longest word medal?  Your turn wowzz😁

Avril

I'm totally discombobulated in my attempt to beat the longest word competition.  Must be my antidisestablishmanterianist upbringing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

........... As some would say negativitynincompoopery.

43 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm totally discombobulated in my attempt to beat the longest word competition.  Must be my antidisestablishmanterianist upbringing.

They say you learn something new everyday :classic_unsure:

Today I have learnt never ever play you two at scrabble :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2