Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Is anyone on here taking part in any of the clinical trials of the potential vaccines?

I have been "invited" to take part in the phase 3 clinical trial of the Novavax vaccine.  It will be administered in 2 doses 3 weeks apart and I will have regular checkups over the next 56 weeks.  I have decided to go ahead with the trial because although there is always a chance of problems with any clinical trial they are vital to medicine moving forward.  I am currently waiting for my first vaccination appointment and I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Hi Josy - I received the same email and decided to go ahead if selected. Presumably, like me,  you selected Stafford because it is closest so we may meet there whilst having no idea at all who each other is. I had the flu jab earlier in the week so presumably I won’t be considered for the group aimed at testing the new vaccine when given together with the flu jab. Of course, we may not be selected at all because presumably there are many more volunteers than they need.

8 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Hi Josy - I received the same email and decided to go ahead if selected. Presumably, like me,  you selected Stafford because it is closest so we may meet there whilst having no idea at all who each other is. I had the flu jab earlier in the week so presumably I won’t be considered for the group aimed at testing the new vaccine when given together with the flu jab. Of course, we may not be selected at all because presumably there are many more volunteers than they need.

Thank you for putting yourself forward Pete and if selected I wish you all the best .:classic_smile:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you. That's a brave and considerate thing you're doing. Many people are willing to preach they're personal theories on the viability of these vaccines to anyone who would listen, but I wonder how many would be willing to step up when asked to prove them. 

Avril

+1.

I'm Looking forward to the new sitcom being scheduled for BBC1 about Anti-Vaxxers ....

:classic_smile:  ....   Only Fools And Corpses   .... :classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, kalos said:

I'm Looking forward to the new sitcom being scheduled for BBC1 about Anti-Vaxxers ....

Lol.🤣

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, kalos said:

I can always count on you to come up with a crack like that while I'm drinking a coffee. Excuse me for a minute  while I wipe down the keyboard🤣

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Hi Pete,

I have been told that I will go to Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport.  I was not given a choice of location, this may be because I was persuaded by my nephew who is a clinical research scientist in the Greater Manchester area and he signed me up.

The email that I got told me the name of the doctor heading the research and if I don't hear from him with 5 days I have a number to call to set up my appointment.

Edited by Josy1953

54 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Hi Pete,

I have been told that I will go to Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport.  I was not given a choice of location, this may be because I was persuaded by my nephew who is a clinical research scientist in the Greater Manchester area and he signed me up.

The email that I got told me the name of the doctor heading the research and if I don't hear from him with 5 days I have a number to call to set up my appointment.

I suppose Stockport makes some sense given your explanation, and not too far to travel. It doesn’t really matter where people go I suppose, what matters is that the test should happen and hopefully proves successful in every respect.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you. That's a brave and considerate thing you're doing. Many people are willing to preach they're personal theories on the viability of these vaccines to anyone who would listen, but I wonder how many would be willing to step up when asked to prove them. 

Avril

Or say they won't take an untested vaccine. I wonder if they have considered how they get tested. I bet they feel really guilty letting other folk be guinea pigs on their behalf.... Perhaps not though.🤔

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm totally discombobulated in my attempt to beat the longest word competition.  Must be my antidisestablishmanterianist upbringing.

There is an improbability that the decision not to vaccinate could lead to pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis...or a suspected lung disease.  Do we have any CC members from Llanfair as this could beat my attempt at a long word, which couldn't fit on a Scrabble board😁

By the way the point isn't true before I upset a scientist!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I can always count on you to come up with a crack like that while I'm drinking a coffee. Excuse me for a minute  while I wipe down the keyboard🤣

Avril

Just thought,I hope Andy is okay I've never seen him post for a few days.

Graham.

• Like 5

Simple read on the latest guff from Rylan is that the new brochure is on the way...

P&O are wanting to share a comprehensive "plan" to shore up early bookings for the 2022 season, given that market intelligence is likely showing that many customers are reluctant to make advance travel plans.

This could also be a strategy, to be seen, of justifying the pricing points selected for the new brochure i.e. Covid-19 compliance costs...

As an aside, why does he have to use so many empty superlatives?🤯🤦

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

There is an improbability that the decision not to vaccinate could lead to pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis...or a suspected lung disease.  Do we have any CC members from Llanfair as this could beat my attempt at a long word, which couldn't fit on a Scrabble board😁

I shall have to stop reading some of these posts as I have Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia😳 I shall now have to lay down in a darkened room😁

Avril (I think)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

I am a scientist ( or was ). That is a really good word. Don't know what it means, but if it's a long word it must be real. Never one to let facts get in the way of a good story.🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

I noticed last week that he only posted at the weekend, maybe he's busy at work now. If he doesn't post tomorrow then I'll begin to worry🤞

Avril

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I am a scientist ( or was ). That is a really good word. Don't know what it means, but if it's a long word it must be real. Never one to let facts get in the way of a good story.🤣

I looked it up😁 . It's as he said, suspected lung disease. 

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

I was wondering the same. Hopefully he is just overwhelmed with carpet orders,  and has better things to do than banter with those of us that too much time on our hands.  Or, in my case,  can't sleep because of the rain hammering down on the caravan roof.

Thank goodness we are off to a Premier Inn  tomorrow.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Is anyone on here taking part in any of the clinical trials of the potential vaccines?

I have been "invited" to take part in the phase 3 clinical trial of the Novavax vaccine.  It will be administered in 2 doses 3 weeks apart and I will have regular checkups over the next 56 weeks.  I have decided to go ahead with the trial because although there is always a chance of problems with any clinical trial they are vital to medicine moving forward.  I am currently waiting for my first vaccination appointment and I will keep you posted on how it goes.

We have volunteered but not been asked to participate yet.

• Like 3