Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

14 minutes ago, zap99 said:

As you say. We either go with the experts, but expect that things may never be the same and that events change official plans, or we give up and ridicule all positive thinkers. Non experts spouting the same old pet theories is unlikely to solve much.

No one should be ridiculing anybody, be they positive, realistic, or negative thinkers. 

I don't think we're in a position to solve anything on here, zap, simpy put our views, which should be read (or passed over) with respect.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, AnnieC said:

No one should be ridiculing anybody, be they positive, realistic, or negative thinkers. 

I don't think we're in a position to solve anything on here, zap, simpy put our views, which should be read (or passed over) with respect.

Perhaps the people who think in a positive way believe that being ridiculed is tiresome. We on CC will not solve this problem, we are not experts. When the people who know what they are talking about deem that life can go in with reasonable precautions, it is for us to assess the risk and make an informed judgement. If my judgement is to accept that risk , I doubt lay persons views will influence me.

• Like 4

Eddie99 the problem is we’re all different some will post and others believe there being negative or positive, we are not on here to influence anyone so I never post statistics to prove or attempt to prove one view or the other, I would not post an opinion on what an expert says about a vaccine others do but that plays into there’s views to justify there position, the only thing I have posted is that MSC protocols seam to be working which gives us hope for the future.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Eddie99 the problem is we’re all different some will post and others believe there being negative or positive, we are not on here to influence anyone so I never post statistics to prove or attempt to prove one view or the other, I would not post an opinion on what an expert says about a vaccine others do but that plays into there’s views to justify there position, the only thing I have posted is that MSC protocols seam to be working which gives us hope for the future.

I would much prefer to discuss cruising. Watching contagion on Netflix at the moment. I think Mat Damon and Jude Law will have the answer , but I don't have a crystal ball so it may end up like the walking dead. What I do know is the we are off to pizza express for a late lunch. Experts have deemed that restaurants are an acceptable risk if correct procedures are followed. That's good enough for us. 😁

4 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

As time moves on, I’ve started to think that one of the main reasons that I don’t fancy cruising very much in the COVID era is the requirement for a pre boarding test.  My desire to step on a cruise ship isn’t enough to have a swab down my throat and shoved up my nose 

Me neither.

People who have had those tests have reported how uncomfortable they are.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I felt very down during the week, as I thought that I was upsetting the applecart by giving my honest opinions. But I got some lovely messages of support from other posters, so I've decided to carry on posting.

I think the  problem is not the opinions, but the sideswipes that go with them, or even attempts to supress other peoples opinions.  I really do try hard just to talk about  my opinions, and not say anything that could be considered antagonistic or even passive aggressive  to people who hold different views.

If we try to stick to our own opinions and not get into labelling other people, perhaps we can all exist comfortably together.

Please don't go Eddie, I value your contributions. 

Well said.

I'm delighted you decided to stay with us here on cc.

Graham.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

... so difficult to adopt a position and set it down in (digi-)ink without leaving some feeling ridiculed & others feeling vindicated and validated

Feels to me that and posts/threads using personal crystal balls are best avoided

It’s feeling more and more that perhaps CC might be best avoided?  Life’s “different” enough just now without ‘family squabbles’.

Eddie.

There are a lot of nice helpful posters on cc yourself included and your input would be missed.

Graham.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

You have to remain optimistic because if you dont that light at the end of the tunnel will definitely be a train and you will end up "cracking up".

I'm usually a real pessimist (a proper Eeyore) and as I've said tend to go for the glass half empty position and then can only be very pleasantly surprised 😉 Having said that, yes its tough at the moment, but COVID 19 has made me appreciate what I have far more and every time I visit beautiful Wales I wonder why I ever took it all for granted when just 90 minutes from my doorstep. (Well, I just hope they let us in again soon!!)

We will go cruising again or off on a plane to Italy or Cyprus, but if we don't for a while we'll try to make the most of what we have.

PS 

(Reading that back it all sounds very sanctimonious so will let you all know when I hit my Eeyore moment, am pulling my hair out, stressed out and just ranting because I want my cruise experience back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

You have to remain optimistic because if you dont that light at the end of the tunnel will definitely be a train and you will end up "cracking up".

believe-good-things-on-way-2-220x300.jpg.2396b769adc97f27043bef7cfb05eacf.jpg

• Like 6

Just now, kalos said:

believe-good-things-on-way-2-220x300.jpg.2396b769adc97f27043bef7cfb05eacf.jpg

Our view entirely 

• Like 2

I wasn’t making any threats to throw my toys out and stomp off.  I’ve seen too many posters on various forums do that only to sneak back in after a few days.  Their loss really, nobody else’s 

I’ll just be more discriminating about which threads I contribute, maybe even use the old Ignore button again.  I wouldn’t want to lose everyone’s company, these company-light days

I agree with what Presto has just posted.  I think the Buddhists call it mindfulness?  Enjoy the moment; enjoy what you have to enjoy.  Do not mourn the past too much; do not invest too much in the future.  

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I wasn’t making any threats to throw my toys out and stomp off.  I’ve seen too many posters on various forums do that only to sneak back in after a few days.  Their loss really, nobody else’s 

I’ll just be more discriminating about which threads I contribute, maybe even use the old Ignore button again.  I wouldn’t want to lose everyone’s company, these company-light days

I agree with what Presto has just posted.  I think the Buddhists call it mindfulness?  Enjoy the moment; enjoy what you have to enjoy.  Do not mourn the past too much; do not invest too much in the future.  

Good decision.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I'm usually a real pessimist (a proper Eeyore) and as I've said tend to go for the glass half empty position and then can only be very pleasantly surprised 😉 Having said that, yes its tough at the moment, but COVID 19 has made me appreciate what I have far more and every time I visit beautiful Wales I wonder why I ever took it all for granted when just 90 minutes from my doorstep. (Well, I just hope they let us in again soon!!)

We will go cruising again or off on a plane to Italy or Cyprus, but if we don't for a while we'll try to make the most of what we have.

PS 

(Reading that back it all sounds very sanctimonious so will let you all know when I hit my Eeyore moment, am pulling my hair out, stressed out and just ranting because I want my cruise experience back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

When you hit your Eeyore moment all the Winnies and Tiggers on here will be out in force to cheer you up again. I'm a Tigger by the way🐯. All together now 🎵'' The wonderful thing about Tiggers..........😃

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

When you hit your Eeyore moment all the Winnies and Tiggers on here will be out in force to cheer you up again. I'm a Tigger by the way🐯. All together now 🎵'' The wonderful thing about Tiggers..........😃

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Avril you have misspelt Trigger :classic_unsure:

All together now 🎵'' The wonderful thing about Triggers brush .......:classic_smile:🎶

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Many Ladies feel that giving birth is a little uncomfortable, but have more than 1.

Only a man could equate giving birth, and the resultant rewards, with a covid test. 

Sorry, but this has to be the post of the year, if not the century.🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Adawn47 said:

I promise not be so exuberant 😁

Avril

I'd like to promise not to be  a proper Eeyore but I just adore Eeyore and want to give him a big hug 😉

Love Tiggers too and any other characters inbetween 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

Only a man could equate giving birth, and the resultant rewards, with a covid test. 

Sorry, but this has to be the post of the year, if not the century.🤣🤣

Glad you enjoyed it. Perhaps it is as valid as folks saying " I won't cruise again if someone needs to put a swab up my nose. "🤪

• Like 1