No Sail order expires tomorrow

Cruisesfun65

1 minute ago, crewsweeper said:

While the CDC order is suppose to expire tomorrow, I thought cruise lines were voluntarily extending no sail until October.

But, unless it's a rerun, JH's Instagram is showing morning walks on I think , the Breeze.

Those are a rerun. 

Order set to expire tomorrow. Reopening cruises set to sail Nov. 1st. With the “no sail” order not in play, they might sneak in one or two that last week of Oct. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤞🏻️🛳

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, tksauter said:

I have heard that it will take 30 days to get the ships staffed, trained, and to their home ports so it will be close...

I have heard/read a lot of things, but one thing I do know is...I don't know what has been happening in the background.

Carnival has been sailing ships all over the place for the past few weeks, and even the Brand Ambassador (IIRC) stated something like it was to pick up crew.

So for all I know, Carnival is ready to sail as soon as this Saturday using one or two ships.

I doubt it, but I simply don't know enough to say for certain Yay or Nay.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

Virgin cruises just cancelled thru Nov. 30th.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Voluntarily.

They also don't have the fan base or positive sailing history to capture bookings from their competition. The cruise line has yet to prove itself.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

I think that headlines like these will make the CDC extend the no sail order.

image.png.f8a32f5cba508db2faa062e736539bc1.png

image.png.f12450b039759f51b4952c90b130515b.png

When did we make Greece a state?🤭  I beleive they said the crew testing inGreece was an error.  Florida is way down.  We can cherry pick all over the Place, it have little reference to the CDC’s decision.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

I think that headlines like these will make the CDC extend the no sail order.

image.png.f8a32f5cba508db2faa062e736539bc1.png

image.png.f12450b039759f51b4952c90b130515b.png

Except assuming there is someone at cdc who can read past the headline, they know the Greece ship cases were all false positives. No one had covid.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Except assuming there is someone at cdc who can read past the headline, they know the Greece ship cases were all false positives. No one had covid.

So, essentially, the take away is that testing is unreliable.

14 minutes ago, SeaScout said:

So, essentially, the take away is that testing is unreliable.

Well whatever test they used in Greece, 22 false positives and then they took too long sounds like to me to retest. Bad batch of tests? Who knows, but agree the screaming headlines dont help even if they were false, damage done. 

In usa rcl and ncl are saying YOU have to get tested 5 days before your cruise. Greece they tested when you boarded or the crew. So here you will be responsible for showing up with negative test results.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

When did we make Greece a state?🤭  I beleive they said the crew testing inGreece was an error.  Florida is way down.  We can cherry pick all over the Place, it have little reference to the CDC’s decision.  

Florida has 668,846 cases as of today.  Is that way down?

42 minutes ago, skridge said:

Florida has 668,846 cases as of today.  Is that way down?

If you only look at totals, (which can only go up), the numbers will always meet your negative view. And you will never sail....But the answer is, I was right again.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

Shut it down till next year. This month by month is disgusting

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival likes their zero interest loans, deposits and final payments. Plus, staterooms are perishable -- it'll be harder to fill last minute should they be able to sail again. Their goal is to remain solvent instead of the downward spiral towards restructuring as we would see in your example. You may not like it but it matches the needs of the business and it's imperative they continue as such.