Next round of cancellations

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

And Fain just put out a video saying that the first few sailings will be non revenue and reviewed by some independent people so "assuming" a Nov 1 start that probably brings us to mid November for any revenue sailings.  Not gonna happen

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

And that it will be 1 or 2 ships to start

I don't think I would want to be one of the independent guinea pigs on those sailings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are currently running the same protocols over in Europe

This isn't Europe and those aren't American passengers. What works over there may not work here.  I guess it's worth a shot though.  I think a lot depends on the decline of services onboard.  The ships currently running in Europe aren't anything like Freedom and Oasis Class ships.

5 minutes ago, The Grumpus said:

This isn't Europe and those aren't American passengers. What works over there may not work here.  I guess it's worth a shot though.  I think a lot depends on the decline of services onboard.  The ships currently running in Europe aren't anything like Freedom and Oasis Class ships.

Not sure what the nationality of the passengers has to do with it.  The people that sail will be the ones who want to sail and know what required going in.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Interesting, just days after they said they were keeping those open.  Maybe there is hope that Royal will also extend until mid December 

I read last night on the carnival forum they did Not close down the bookings, they are sold out due the limited capacity.     I have no idea if that is true or not as I did not look at carnivals website to price up one of their limited sailings.

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I read last night on the carnival forum they did Not close down the bookings, they are sold out due the limited capacity.     I have no idea if that is true or not as I did not look at carnivals website to price up one of their limited sailings.

Just seems odd that it was all the sailings up to a certain date.  If you do a search nothing shows up until Dec 17 ish

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure what the nationality of the passengers has to do with it.  The people that sail will be the ones who want to sail and know what required going in.

Is there an age restriction set by any of the europe cruiselines that are sailing now?   I had not heard of one, but saw the post by other stating age, nationality, etc. 

Testing can no longer be used as a "prevention" tool as previously thought by the White House. Temperature checks are useless as well. It would seem that masks, social distancing, ventilated fresh air, hand washing and hand sanitizer are the only tools for successful prevention of an outbreak.

A person is most infectious 48 hours prior to testing positive and/or having symptoms.

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just seems odd that it was all the sailings up to a certain date.  If you do a search nothing shows up until Dec 17 ish

I agree  I think that they closed them out not due to being full just MHO

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Carnival had already shut down all sailings except from Miami and Port Canaveral through 12/31. It's not hard to believe that remaining cruises have reached their capacity. It took a few days after they announced they latest plans. Carnival has had a very generous cancellation policy and some folks are signing up for cruises almost hoping for cancellations so they can make use of the OBC when they rebook. There are others who want to be on the first sailings.

1 minute ago, reeinaz said:

Carnival had already shut down all sailings except from Miami and Port Canaveral through 12/31. It's not hard to believe that remaining cruises have reached their capacity. It took a few days after they announced they latest plans. Carnival has had a very generous cancellation policy and some folks are signing up for cruises almost hoping for cancellations so they can make use of the OBC when they rebook. There are others who want to be on the first sailings.

I still don’t buy that they all reached capacity at the same time.  I agree with you that there may have been an increase in bookings however I feel that they were shut down until they get a better handle on things and how they will likely play out vs all ships reaching capacity at the same time. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I still don’t buy that they all reached capacity at the same time.  I agree with you that there may have been an increase in bookings however I feel that they were shut down until they get a better handle on things and how they will likely play out vs all ships reaching capacity at the same time. 

They haven't clearly identified what capacity is have they? NCL has now cancelled all cruises through November, expect others to follow.

8 hours ago, molly361 said:

Are you going to be able to get a COVID test if needed, get results back AND drive over all within the 5 day time frame?

I'll make it happen but that's exactly my point with the whole situation right now lol

7 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Take your time driving.

Will do, thank you!

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

And Fain just put out a video saying that the first few sailings will be non revenue and reviewed by some independent people so "assuming" a Nov 1 start that probably brings us to mid November for any revenue sailings.  Not gonna happen

Maybe they will invite young, healthy Pins😉🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only Cape Canaveral and miami still open. 

Every time a cruise disappears from the booking site someone posts all cruises are cancelled.

Here is one for nov 8th from one of the two ports still open.

20201005_141121421.jpeg

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Only Cape Canaveral and miami still open. 

Every time a cruise disappears from the booking site someone posts all cruises are cancelled.

Here is one for nov 8th from one of the two ports still open.

20201005_141121421.jpeg

That wasn't there this morning when I posted

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That wasn't there this morning when I posted

I have to specifically pick November 2020 for it to show up for me, but I'd seen posts from others it was there, so I just checked.

If I dont put in the Nov 2020 date doesnt show up for me either. No rhyme or reason but I'd noticed that out of Galveston before having to pick the specific month to see certain cruises. 

Just saying if you filter out other dates I can get to it too as others said.