The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

Well, I wanted to get my bearings of the geography past Budapest, i.e. the Danube river flowing East and I opened a certain website... There it was, the castle, right on my screen - sort of to the right, but I recognized it instantly. It is right on the Danube, even a little in the Danube waters.

You cannot miss it travelling East from Budapest, unless you are asleep :classic_biggrin:. Really nice.

Anybody else know yet?

notamermaid

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mitina said:

The Royal Palace in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.   Mekong River cruise

Yes, correct, here you can just see it on the Palace spire. Phnom Penh is on the confluence of the Tonle Sap and Mekong Rivers.

IMG_0599.JPG

2 minutes ago, deec said:

I had forgotten all about her up there!!!!

Thanks for the memory!

You're welcome. I am playing this game on this board along with the game on the Aussie/NZ cruises page. I have been looking through a lot of our photos and saw this, and thought it was similar to the cathedral spires posted earlier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vada_9 said:

Yes, correct, here you can just see it on the Palace spire. Phnom Penh is on the confluence of the Tonle Sap and Mekong Rivers.

We were there last December. Your photo is a great close up.  

Royal Palace.jpg

Name what is in the photo. First guess the river. After that name the town/city/place.
The person one who first guesses correctly gets to post the next photo!

Please, DO NOT POST any PHOTOS unless it is your turn

IMG_1438 (2).jpg

2 hours ago, notamermaid said:

That looks so familiar, I may have seen this, but I have definitely seen something similar. I would say this is from a Rhine cruise a trip into the Alsace region, one of the small towns. Not Riquewihr...

You're on the right track.  I did edit out the signage that was on the restaurant behind the structure in question.

15 minutes ago, Mitina said:

You're on the right track.  I did edit out the signage that was on the restaurant behind the structure in question.

Definitely French. You may have edited out the sign, but you left a direction arrow with ENTRÉE on it.

• Haha 1

The photo shouted "I was taken in Alsace" at me and then I saw the sign "Entrée" - Alsace more or else confirmed. Grin.

Now, which other villages are cruisers taken to? It is not Ribeauvillé as I know it. The well in Hunawihr also looks much different.

Hmm, who will beat me at checking this out with the help of Google images...

notamermaid

• Haha 1

I found it yesterday. It really reminded me of a similar old well in Kayserberg (next to which I posed for a picture) so I agree, it's got Alsace written all over it.

This one is closer to Strasbourg. And it has six buckets.

Edited by jpalbny